“THE BEST PLACE I EVER STAYED”

K-Diamond-K Guest Ranch
Repblic,Wa
“THE BEST PLACE I EVER STAYED”
Reviewed March 17, 2011

The kahn family are very nice and have a beautiful lodge,very friendly and made me feel at home.When your there you feel like you belong there.I love this place and will go back many times.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank tccruser09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Holidays can be hard when you've recently lost someone you love but my first Christmas after losing my husband was made much more bearable by the warmth I received from the entire family of hosts of the K-Diamond-K ranch. Even though our decision to go there was pretty much last minute, my son, daughter-in-law, her Granny, and even an unexpected friend of mine were all accommodated and had a perfectly delightful time actively participating in the many ranch activities. The lodge is absolutely beautiful and the rooms spacious and comfortalbe. I would certainly go again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Colville, Washington
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Headed for the Ranch with my car stuffed with sewing/quilting supplies. Set up my work station near one of the fireplaces and assumed my 'keeper of the fire' status.:) I managed to complete several unfinished projects during my stay. Better yet, did a lot of visiting and sharing of quilting knowledge. Enjoyed an evening of sitting by the fire with a circle of friends(some old, some new) and a nice wine. Came home with a sense of renewal and inspiration to get busy. I found the atmosphere casual, restful and somewhat therapeutic. Have learned that a quilting retreat will come available each November and February. Looking forward to November.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank threadhappy
Hebron, Connecticut
Reviewed February 24, 2011

My wife and I are from Connecticut and our son's wedding was going to be held in Republic. So we asked our future daughter in law for a nice place to stay and she reccommended the Ranch. So we contacted Cathy and made reservations also asking her if we could have the rehearsal dinner at the ranch. She said certainly. When we arrived we were in awe at how beautiful the ranch was and our accomadations. The meals were excellent and the night of the dinner we had a great meal and a wonderful time . We also had a two person country western band which made the night even better. The night we arrived Cathy said that a calf was about to be born so we were asked if we wanted to watch. What a wonderful experience. Both Cathy and her husband are perfect hosts who make you feal right at home. The day we had to leave we really didn't want to but you can be sure that we will be back hopefully in warmer weather to experience many more things on the ranch. Take our advice, give it a try you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rjordan134
Reviewed November 10, 2010

My husband sent my best friend and I on a mini vacation that ended up lasting a "little longer'' than planned! We arrived Monday evening boarded our horses. We headed into the lodge for dinner. We were greated by the owners, friends and guests and were in awe of the warm beauty of the place. We put our luggage away with the help of the owners, and then ate a great dinner with everyone. We ended up staying up way too late visiting with the other guests, hearing their stories of the times they had visited before. Everyday, we rode, got to bring in the horses, bring in the cows, help with the chores and even some veterinary duties. This is a true working guest ranch where you can work as hard or as little as you'd like. Others who were there, relaxed and enjoyed the scenery, but I wanted to see and do all I could. We were suppose to stay for 3 nights, but stayed for 7 nights, and cried when we had to go home. We will be back soon with our families!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank tameraglaser
Poulsbo
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We went for our 25th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time! It is family owned and we felt like part of the family by the time we left. The horse rides every morning were are highlight; beautiful trails, nice horses, great guides and a good length! The food was great and plenty of it. You can ask for anything and I know they will work to make you happy. It was amazing to help take the 60 horses in from the fields every morning and then let them back out in the evening. I have been telling everyone I know about this place! A real gem!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tamilovesjon
seatte
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The ranch is beautiful, nice family who runs it but room for improvement. In the am they serve breakfast, then bring in the horses and everyone; guests and staff feed and groom the horses. Then they 'saddle ' em up' and go for a 1-2 hour ride through beautiful country. By the time the ride is over it is lunchtime. Here is where they need improvement: They need staff to wear nametags. After lunch they need a staff member to announce those who want to go fishing and/or tubing to meet out front and they will 'cart' you to the river location. They should provide a can of 'bait' and a 'bucket' for the fish you catch (if you do). They provide a pole. Everyone else who wants to hike to the 'cave' for gold or anywhere else, they should provide a map of the property. After dinner, they need to have a staff member lead people in campfire songs (a guitar player would be nice) and they should open the bar in case someone wants an afer dinner 'cocktail'. Independent activities are okay, but they need a staff member to lead for the ones I mentioned. A lot of people are 'too shy' to ask for some things. It is a working ranch I know, but they need to have better customer service. After all, they charge for each individual per night what a lot of places will charge for each night for just the room itself for 2-3 people. THE CUSTOMERS SHOULD COME FIRST. And the food was okay (some was salted too much), but where were the 'steaks' cooking on the outside grill etc. like the website advertises. They also need to set the tables. THE MOST IMPORTANT part of any vacation is the food and it's presentation. We thought the trip okay, but not worth the price we paid. Improve or lower your prices. P.S. Air conditioning and alarm clocks in the rooms would be nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank nowaySeatte

Been to K-Diamond-K Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!