“Terrific Revolving Pac NW Beer List”

Dog & Pony Alehouse & Grill
Ranked #117 of 304 Restaurants in Renton
Cuisines: American
San Francisco, California
“Terrific Revolving Pac NW Beer List”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

They don't serve any of the "mass produced yellow beers" as quoted in their menu. The beer list changes very, very often. Good place to find some hard-to-find Pac NW beers.

The food was decent enough. But the beer list. There is outdoor seating, which was nice as well, but not really scenic. Parking is a bit of an issue.

• Visited July 2010

Seattle
“Great Beer, Fantastic Selection of Beer, Fun and Friendly, Eat Elsewhere”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Did I mention the beer selection? I have been to the Dog and Pony twice in the last year or so. My son likes it for the great selection of beers. The wait staff is very knowledgeable about the beers and they are friendly and efficient. I had a couple of different beers and when I told the waitress I did like one of them she whisked it away and asked me to pick another. No extra charge, no fuss and she waited until I tried the replacement to make sure I liked it before she left the table. There was a pretty good size crowd there both times we went but the service was still excellent. It can get pretty loud after a group gathers so I wouldn't call it a romantic place. Great for getting together before, during or after a game.

Unfortunately the food is a different story. The first time I thought I had a Rueben but I don't see it on the menu online. Whatever it was it was a major disappointment. A couple of slices of tough meat between a couple of slices of greasy bread. The second time I tried the fish and chips. Probably the worst I have ever had. Very greasy batter and not much fish. The fries were under cooked and equally greasy. Now I know this is a tavern but I think they should do a better job on the food they serve. I know, I know, it's all about the beer, stupid!

renton, wa
“Awesome beer selection”
Reviewed December 23, 2006

This place has about 30 beers on tap and probably as many in bottles. The food is pretty decent and it is worth the time.