“Jimi Lives On!!!”

Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Renton
Newcastle, Washington
“Jimi Lives On!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been visiting Jimi every year for at least 30 years...and I have brought countless visitors from all over the world to see where the great legend rests. There used to be a simple non-descript headstone with a Strat engraved on his headstone...but it was replaced with a large monument...I still think there should be something more "memorable" to mark this rock legend and favorite son of Seattle...wouldn't it be marvelous to hear RedHouse or WatchTower as you enter the memorial!

Visited January 2014

Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's a Tomb...”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Kind of cool, as Jimi was famous. People leave mementos. But still just a grave site. If they had relocated his house it would have been better. Still worth seeing if you are a Hendrix fan.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TheGlutton
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Remembering Hendrix”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had to visit here while in Seattle, even though it's in Renton. The memorial was nice to see. My friend Madeline drove me here. Then I visited a 2nd time on the Seattle Rock and Roll tour. A must see if your a fan of the great Jimi Hendrix. It was covered in Flowers, cigs, blunts and teddy bears. Also, candles were lit. I'm glad I visited.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Helen1977890
Poughkeepsie, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful memorial”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was a beautiful memorial to such an important artist. The look and feel was respectful and reverant

Visited October 2013
1 Thank tessademoney
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Remembering Jimi”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The location is beautiful. Unfortunately, some visitors leave trash and cig butts scattered around the memorial. We cleaned up the butts the best we could. I don't understand why visitors can't put the butts in the trash receptacles located around the grave site. Just shows that they have No Respect for Jimi's family or themselves.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Texan4Real

Been to Jimi Hendrix Grave Site? Share your experiences!