“Below Par.”

RiverRock Grill & Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
RiverRock Grill & Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 310 Restaurants in Renton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 18, 2012

On the site of the picturesque Maplewood Golf course, it has always featured during my visits from England. From the dining area, there are views of the rolling hills and beautiful trees of the course.

Four of us visited recently to have a beer and dinner. Friendly staff gave us the bound menu and a sheet of paper with the day's specials. We chose starters, oysters and also clams/mussels. I chose a combo dish from the specials. Starters arrived. My clams were very tasty. Mains arrived, except mine. I waited. I waited. Eventually the server told me there were no specials that day and the paper menu was left by mistake. By then my friends were well into their meal!

I was offered a salad as it would be quick. "No thanks".

Next the wrong wine was served.

My friends found a plate and shared their meals with me. When the bill arrived, the restaurant had charged for my non-existent combo!!!!!

No apology. Disgraceful.

1  Thank SussexFogey
There are newer reviews for RiverRock Grill & Ale House

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The golf course is good, the food is adequate and the prices are relatively reasonable

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We used to consider the River Rock one of our special places for birthdays and anniversaries with its good food and the view out to the first tee. The last time we went (Fall 2011) the food was just average.

1  Thank Stan F
Reviewed July 12, 2011

There aren't many buffets in Renton, and every once in a while I like indulging in one for Sunday brunch. When we found out that River Rock Grill & Ale House offered one, we headed over.

Surprisingly, it wasn't very crowded, even though it's on the Maplewood Golf Course and the parking lot was pretty full. I guess most people there were golfing, not brunching.

River Rock has a country club atmosphere, but isn't pretentious. Contrary to the complaints about the service, we found the staff to be quite friendly and accomodating.

The buffet wasn't particularly large but offered some nice choices, particularly the roast beef carving station, the lox & smoked fish, and the chicken wings which aren't normally encountered at a Sunday brunch buffet. However, we found the best items to be the crêpes & éclairs, both of which were outstanding. As a bonus, there's endless orange juice refills.

Overall, I'd rate the food just average, but given the very reasonable $17.95 price tag I'd say it's a good value.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This restaurant is an old favorite. It has a solid menu of American Fare. But their best part is the Specials Menu.
First, the one impressive thing is that most all dinners are under $20. There is a nice selection of wines and a full bar menu. Oh, and the dinners come with salad. I get tired of paying big city prices for a meal and have to pay for a salad as well. No such problem here.
The food is very good, prepared to order. The chef does some great fish dishes and special dietary needs are no problem.
The restaurant is a bit on the small side, but we generally go on the off nights, so there is rarely ever a seating problem.
Service is very prompt and attentive.
The restaurant adjoins a gold course and the view outside is very nice.
This is also a popular place for weddings with very good banquet facilities.
River Rock is a real gem off the regular path.

2  Thank arnerator