“amazing food”
Review of Melrose Grill

Melrose Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Melrose Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 303 Restaurants in Renton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wells Ave. S.
Transit: Renton Transit Center is 5 blocks away.
Description: Renton’s Finest Foods Since 1901! * Steakhouse voted #1 Western WA in 2010 * Affordable high quality menu *Historic Landmark in Renton The building in which the Melrose Grill resides was established in 1901 and has served as a tavern since the days of the horse and buggy. It also operated as a pool hall, soda shop and card room during Prohibition. Recently restored, Melrose Grill kept its historic roots with the original mirror-backed bar with its rich, dark woods. The walls showcase vintage photos that highlight the transitions this grand building has gone through. With wainscoting on the walls, low-slung lamps and high ceilings the space feels as open as the West was when it was built. The Food and Service at Melrose Grill will amaze and delight your senses. We work hard to provide our customers with the finest foods available, and prepare them in a way that will tame even most particular palate. Voted #1 Steakhouse in Western WA by King 5 & Evening Ma.
“amazing food”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

ordered the ribeye and jumbo prawns and it was AWESOME. the ribeye was perfectly grilled with a sauce that was so tasty it was the best American grill I have ever tasted. service was very prompt and catered to our every need

“Best steak in Renton”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Possibly one of the best steaks in the Seattle area, too. It's a small restaurant on a corner and takes no reservations after 5 pm. If you get there at 5 pm you can usually be seated right away; not sure how long the wait would be later in the evening. Their filet is mouthwatering and tender and they cook it just right. Excellent meals!

Visited March 2013
Renton, WA
“Neighborheood Gem!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fantastic steak house that's off the beaten path. Never a bad meal!! My wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank kentbrad4d
Glenville, NY
“Pleasant surprise in Renton”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

While looking for a nice place for dinner near my hotel in Renton I stopped at the Melrose Grill based on positive reviews in TripAdvisor. The consensus reviews are spot-on, as the Melrose Grill is an excellent restaurant with outstanding beef and seafood entrees. It's not necessarily the place you'd drop in on based on the external appearance, but looks can be deceiving. The interior is a bit dark, but the entrée choices, including specials show a great variety. The sides and main course were delicious, and the wines by the glass choices included some unknown (to me) options from the NW US.

• Visited August 2013
“Pure Beef . . . as it should be”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is what a steak should be!
My hubby and I visited in May. We were vacationing in Seattle and was wanting to eat a good steak. We tried the upscale place in Victoria, BC Canada and was disappointed with all the fanciness. We were ready for Pure Beef! Melrose Place jumped out of the reviews and was a 15 minute drive from our hotel in SeaTac. Not too bad. It's a small saloon looking restaurant, with a vintage wooden bar that was well stocked. If we were drinkers we would've probably gone there the next night for just cocktails because of the atmosphere.
The restaurant was packed! There were about 4 parties in front of us on the waiting list and we were told it would take about an hour wait. Thank goodness we decided to "stick around town". Took a little stroll around the block, lot of little interesting shops in the area.
Long story short, hubby had the porterhouse and I had the petite filet mignon. We also had the add-on grilled prawns as an appetizer. The prawns were great! Nice and sweet from just the flavor of the prawn itself and salt & pepper. Nothing complicated! The steaks! Fire grilled to perfection. My filet was ordered rare just the way I like it. It was so tender and soft, just melting in my mouth. The seasoning was simple, no using any additional salt or pepper here. The flavor was perfect! There was just a right amount of char on the meat so that you get that little burnt taste with the bite of juicy beef! I'm salivating! We both ordered the Parmesan potatoes with this instead of baked or mashed. Was very glad we did for it was a welcome change from the traditional blandness. The potato rounds were coated in cheese and fried to slight crisp. Exquisite! As for my husband, he started with a cocktails of McCallan shots. Their jiggers must be huge! for they were pretty nice sized drinks! Next thing I knew, the only thing left on his plate was the T-Bone. It was that good he said!
If you're in the area for some steaks, visit Melrose Grill, you won't be disappointed. Pay the price, you deserve it! and Its worth it!

• Visited May 2013

Been to Melrose Grill? Share your experiences!