“My favorite restaurant in the Seattle area!”
Review of Keg Steakhouse & Bar - CLOSED

Keg Steakhouse & Bar
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant at least a half dozen times over the last half dozen years. I think their steaks and seafood (especially salmon) are delicious. I find the atmosphere to be very relaxing, and I enjoy the reduced price menu during cocktail hour in the lounge. Servers are very friendly and efficient, and I love the chocolate-filled mints which are at the exit! I know that there are many wonderful restaurants in downtown Seattle, but this is very convenient (10 minute drive) to my usual motel choices, which are all on International Boulevard near SeaTac airport. That is probably why I go there fairly often!

I have also visited the Keg in Niagara Falls, Ontario, and find it just as attractive, up high with a wonderful view of the Falls! The food is almost the same.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised at this chain restaurant. The atmosphere was modern and dimly-lit (romantic). We were cheerfully greeted and only waited about 5 minutes. The food servers were very friendly and helpful. It is a bit pricey...my husband and I shared the meal and got an extra salad. There was plenty of food. The steak was very nice. We will be back!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

It's actually been years since I've made it to the Keg for a meal, but I used to work for a company located very close to one of the Keg restaurants and we often treated our clients to lunch there. The service is always really good, the food is always really good quality, hot and fresh and they are surprisingly quick at getting it to your table. We used to go to dinner there too and we always enjoyed the atmosphere and the wine list.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Service was great and food was excellent. A little pricey, but we needed a nice night out and this was perfect! Friendly waitress too.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We have driven past this restaurant many times and wondered if it was still run by the old Keg owners. Don't think so!
We were given a gift card at Christmas and decided to use it on an early Sunday evening. While the atmosphere and service were great, the lack of quality in the food would mean that we will never go back.
My husband ordered one of their specialties - the prime rib. The texture was like a bad roast beef. Tough and flavorless. Nothing at all like a nice slice of prime rib. With his prime rib came a side of frizzzled, battered onions. We thought "Yum" and dug in, only to go "yuck". They had been microwaved evidently. Rubbery and cold. Darn!
We ordered bruchetta from the appetizer menu as we were splurging a bit. Worst excuse for that item that we have ever had. Basically chopped tomatoes and mozarella cheese (on bruchetta?) french bread. More like pizza. Hmmm....
I ordered a sirloin steak with prawns. While the steak was okay, but nothing great, the prawns to me were inedible. They looked nice (so good marketing folks!) but were tough and tasteless. The salads we ordered were fine. Caesar and a wedge with blue cheese. Probably the best part of the meal. All together we spent $93.00 so we went there intending to live it up a bit. Went away feeling a bit cheated. We did not complain and tipped generously because this was not the fault of the servers. It is just the level of quality that appears to be acceptable to a lot of people. We won't be back!!!!!!!!!