“Indian vegeterian kosher lunch buffet”

Pabla Indian Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 315 Restaurants in Renton
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've only been to this restaurant for the buffet lunch so I can't comment on the menu or dinner. The comments about so-so service are pretty much correct, although the service is not terrible it's not very good. But the food is good and so is the price. I'm not a vegeterian but still found the buffet to offer a nice variety of dishes. They seem to vary the naan bread; when I went to the buffet the first time it was a sort of garlic-and-herb naan, but the second time it was plain. They had two desserts, including a sort of chilled fruit soup that was sweet and creamy.

The restaurant has a store and deli attached, it's interesting to roam the aisles and look at the vareity of Indian products they sell, from basic foodstuffs such as rice or chickpea flour, to Indian shampoo, sandalwood-scented soap, etc.

The restaurant is in a mini-mall right off of Rainier Ave, sharing a huge parking lot with the Renton Fred Meyer store, so there's always plenty of free parking.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a local indian restaurant, run by Indians for Indians. It just happens to be kosher too. The food is authentic and tasty. But the menu is vast and completly unintelligible and the staff's command of English is not all that can be desired, so it's very much pot luck as to what you end up with. (We went for one of the Thali's but the difference between them was very difficult to discern) But whether we were lucky or not, we had a very enjoyable meal and although it is a bit out of town, it is still only 25 minutes from the centre of Seattle and very pleasant - certainly different from any other kosher restaurant I have ever visited.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My 8-month pregnant daughter, her 5 children (2 tru10 yrs old) and I discovered this fantastic jewel on a 1-night stay in Seattle. We had just spent 3 weeks in the Bellingham area and wanted to "just have something different". Well, what a pleasant surprise!! The place has a typical Hindu family atmosphere with about 15-16 tables. Most of the clientele is Hindu and this place is their favorite in the area. On the other side of the restaurant is a grocery store and take-out counter. I can only vouch for the Kosher certification of the restaurant. Not sure about the other side.

We (over)ordered a variety of appetizers (some dairy, some vegetarian -great), main (all above average), rice (superb!) and 2 fantastic soups. We were so full we missed on the desserts (next time for sure). It all comes in medium sized bowls. Oh, don't forget to order the (I like mine regular, but other liked different) Nam & the Roti (breads).

Children friendly: The servers were more than patient with all the kids requests and moving around. Even the elderly grandma (sari & all) kept smiling. This is for sure a place where I will return time and again when I'm in the area.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times for dinner, and will continue to go back. There is a good variety on the menu to choose from, and everything we've had so far is delicious. We haven't tried their lunch buffet yet, but I understand it is a good buffet.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

awesome indian food. especially the indian tandoori chicken at tukwila branch. will definitely come back again. Good value for money