“Ok, not great”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

decent italian food for a decent price. the bruschetta was the best thing we ate and my beet & goat cheese salad never made it out of the kitchen. i had the gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce - the sauce was pretty bland, but there was lots of it and the gnocchi was perfect. hubby had the capellini al funghi, which was also bland but the mushrooms were plentiful & cooked well. overall a decent meal but i'm not excited to go back.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had read the reviews and hurried down eager to have a good meal. As posted by others the restaurant is located in a charming older house with nice atmosphere. One issue I had was some of the tables were set very close to each other limiting privacy and made for moving in and out difficult. There were only 10 of us there at 6pm on a Wednesday evening. I was promptly seated and given a menu. I felt a little hurried as the waiter returned twice within a few minutes asking me if I was ready to order. I settled on a Insalada Mista (mixed greens and gorgonzola cheese). I was very disappointed. Below average. The "mixed greens" were basically iceberg lettuce and I barely noticed the cheese. Fortunately the chef redeemed himself with the Spaghetti Calamari. Excellent. A great choice. I will need to visit again and try a few other dishes to make a final recommendation.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Vino Ristorante Italiano on South 3rd in Renton is located in an older two story house. We originally met owner Santiago when he was a waiter at Salvatore Lembo's Firenze in Bellevue. The menu is quite similar to Firenze, but the small house Vino is located in seems warmer than the Crossroads Mall location of Salvatore's extablishment. A large deck on the south side provides sunny weather seating. Excellent northern Italian cuisine and a good wine selection.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were recently in the Renton/Kent area for an International Skating event and wanted to find an Italian restaurant. What we did not expect was to find such a wonderful restaurant with an excellent staff and amazing food! The owner Santiago came over to join us at our table as he wanted to confirm that everything was as it should be.
My daughter made a reservation that night for the following weekend as she has out-of-town guests and wanted to share Vino Ristorante with them. We highly recommend this delightful restaurant.

Reviewed October 24, 2012