“Great place to stay”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed April 2, 2014

It is nice to know that you can enjoy such a nice accommodation for a short stay as well. The room was very clean and inviting. The location was very close to the area we are hoping to move to, and we will recommend this hotel to our visiting family members.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel in for 7 days in March 2014. The checkin process was quick painless and thanks to another reviewer I knew about the $100 deposit for "incidentals." I was checked in within 5 minutes. Front Desk staff was super nice and even called the room to make sure everything was good. The room was practically brand new when I walked in door. Carpet was clean, bed was clean, kitchen and bathroom were spotless. I never had the grab and go breakfast but seemed a nice little touch. Having a kitchen was nice since it saved a ton of money on eating out. I only have two complaints about the kitchen, number one, my toaster didn't work. Bummer no toast. Still not a big deal. Number two, the can opener provided destroyed itself on a can of soup. I just bought a new one and replaced it for them.

My praises for the hotel could go on and on. But I do have a couple minor issues that are really beyond the control of the hotel so YMMV. #1 The other guests. Some of them were a little shady. At one point I had a guy who appeared drunk or high trying to use his keycard to get into my room. Another day a guy bangs on my door at about 4pm, demanding to know where his "woman" is. LOL. I opened the door to let him know it was only me in there. He apologized and wandered off. My final night there I had the pleasure of the people in the room across the hall from me wanting to argue.

Did I feel unsafe? Not really. Even at the best hotels you get people doing weird things. The hotel staff was great at making sure these disruptions were minimal. Oh yeah at one point the did have to turn our water off to fix a leak in the building someplace. But they provided ample notice.

Room Tip: As the hotel seems to be doing a remodel/repair/upgrade please bear with the noise during the day. I...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kevin K
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Kevin,

Thank you so very much for your great review of our property. I'm happy to hear that the hotel and room was satisfactory to you. I'm also pleased to hear that the staff did there best to take care of any concerns that occurred during your stay. Your feedback will be very helpful as we strive to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This place was relatively inexpensive when we booked it on an online discount booking agency, but I will not choose to stay here again. We arrived late after traveling from the east coast. The front door to the 24 hour lobby was locked and we couldn't see anyone at the front desk to let us in. They have a phone to use to get the clerk's attention. We checked in but they claimed that they had not received payment from our on-line booking agency and that we needed to give them a credit card.
Our room was clean, and not a bad layout with a couch, coffee table, desk, bed, two bedside tables and TV stand with flat screen TV. We checked in too late and checked out too early to use the kitchen.
They claim to have a breakfast. I would not call their offering even a contextual breakfast but they do offer food. A chewy granola bar, or an oatmeal to go bar with no fruit, the coffee was out and they had not refilled it. We did grab a couple of granola bars then left in search of somewhere to have breakfast.
At check out they tried to tell us that because we checked in after 11pm, (even though it was before midnight) we had technically checked after they had closed out their books for the day, and would have to pay their regular rate. We asked if they received if they had received payment from the on-line booking agency and they said they had. They didn't charge us extra.
Renton is a very diverse area and this hotel reflects the community. The hotel seems to be more like temporary housing for people living in the area. It seemed that they had some security issues in the past.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your clean room; however, I want to apologize for the confusion regarding your payment during your stay with us. As well, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be very helpful as we strive to improve our guest experience. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Never had any problems here, the staff is kind and tend to get me checked in very quickly. They could clean up the rooms alittle better, but its not too bad. I can say I've had my share of bad smelling rooms from here, but nothing unbearable. The breakfast is nothing special. At least they have luggage carts and an elevator! Close to downtown and the highways.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia D
Reviewed October 1, 2013

- A/C didn't work

- Tub didn't drain while taking a shower.

- I am 6'4" tall, and those towels are thin and small.. you get 2 towels and 2 face clothes for 5 days.. if you want more towels you must visit the front desk.

- Silverware is old, mismatched, bowls and plates chipped. Not even going to talk about the pots and pans!!!

- Holes in bathroom were patched, but not painted.

- At check in, it states I will be there for 5 days. They set my card for only 1 day. So after a long day of work, I had to return to the front desk and show ID so they could check my information before setting my cards up for the next 4 days.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this place.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SIRIUBLK42
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Renton, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the overall condition of your room as well as the obvious deterioration of the utensils and dishes we supplied is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am sharing your survey with our entire team. I am having my maintenance staff to repair the shower and A/C.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ren@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Dirty rooms, broken furniture, nasty unclean kitchens with food splattered on the walls; with Broken toilets in the room. They have the nerve to give you a dirty room when check in. This is not okay to treat guest like this especially when your paying good money to stay at a hotel & expect the hotel to live up to their "commitment to clean!" Ha what a joke!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Deemojay
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very pleasant stay. 4th of July stay to see family. Room away from street was very quiet with the air running. I would stay again. Prices for the holiday were well within reason. Basic extended stay hotel. Amenities were not in the room, but they said they were available if I had forgotten anything. The only negative was quality of linen. Need to be upgraded.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family