“Convenient for all of Seattle”

TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very convenient to airport. Clean and well priced with surprisingly good breakfast and free parking. Easy 15 drive to downtown Seattle and perfect for a late night arrival from airport. Even had a few late night dining options nearby and a fridge helpful for storing smoked salmon from the fish market :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 13, 2013

It's a good stop over if you need to get in and out of the airport. Also. Great location to shops and dining. Need to plan for shuttle service to airport as they only have one shuttle shared between two properties.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank JenDenMythra
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I only stayed 1 night on Business in a studio room, however the bed was so cozy & comfortable. The pillows were my favorite. The room was clean & check in was fast & friendly. Much appreciated after a long day. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I chose TownePlace Suites for a night away, with no kids. We arrived at 5:30 PM (check-in is at 3) and were greeted by a very friendly employee. Check-in was quick and easy and we were given our choice of floors. We chose the 4th - to avoid hearing the people on the floor above us. There are snacks and things for sale in the lobby as well as free coffee/tea for guests.

Parking is free and there were ample spaces near our building. Our room was clean and beautifully decorated. Full kitchen, sofa bed, queen-sized bed, flat screen tv, free wi-fi, Paul Mitchell toiletries. All very comfortable and lovely. Pets are welcome (for a fee), but there was no sign that a pet had every been in our room.

The complimentary breakfast was good. The typical eggs, sausage, pastries, bagels/muffins, yogurt fruit, juice, etc. There are not many tables at all, so we enjoyed our breakfast on a bench outside and the landscaping is park-like and it was a sunny day. The pool was well-kept although we didn't use it.

Check-out is at noon, and was I was tempted to go back up to the room and relax some more, but we had things to do. Shopping and restaurants are all very close and Seattle and Tacoma are each just a quick drive on I-5, which is super close to the hotel.

Great place to stay and I really recommend it if you ever find yourself in Renton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chadrach3
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Nothing impressive about this property...pretty standard...breakfast area is way too small...other guests were annoying in breakfast area...plan to sit outside of weather permits. Overall a fair value for the traditionally over-priced Seattle market

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Walked up. Up to the counter and was treated like normal , i asked for a double and was told sure no prob we have a lot of open rooms he got my id pulled up my reservation and how attitude changed "priceline". He gave me a key and i went to my room with 1 bed ,i went back up to the desk and said i you were giving me a double and he said sorry were all booked up that's all he has available. I was the only occupied room in my hall . Thanks for letting me know my place

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Joe E
Reviewed April 28, 2013

For those of you who are familiar with Marriott's TownePlace Suites brand, this hotel is about as typical as it gets.

My studio room was the standard TownePlace studio floor plan - fairly large room with a comfortable bed, work table, and full kitchen with 4-burner stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, and coffee maker. The room was spotless, as was the bathroom. The climate control worked just fine, and the wi-fi internet connection worked flawlessly and delivered decent response. Ample parking was available on-side.

The room is designed for extended stays, but I was booked for only one night.

The lobby has a pantry with various snacks, drinks, and various microwave food products available for purchase. There is also 24-hour coffee available, plus a computer and printer for guest use. Unlike some hotels which have a "business center" where the computer(s) and printer(s) are located, the computer and printer here are smack dab in the middle of the small lobby. There' not a whole lot of privacy if you need to use the computer, so if you've got sensitive or private work to do, you're probably better off bringing your own laptop or tablet and connecting from your room.

I had only one minor issue, and that was with the noise from the adjacent room. Apparently a small family occupied that room, and early in the morning, the kids in that room started making a lot of noise, as, apparently, did the adults who were staying with them. A screaming baby added to the mix, and it became difficult to continue to sleep. I can understand that it may be difficult at times to quiet a screaming baby, but there's no reason why the kids or the adults had to be anywhere near as loud as they were.

Anyway, I mentioned the noise when I checked out, and while I received the usual expected apologies from the front desk person, I was a bit surprised by what came across as a relatively nonchalant attitude about it. Was it a big deal - no. But it was a bit annoying, which is why I've mentioned it here.

Overall, other than the noisy neighbors, I did enjoy my stay and do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank step12dude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton
Larkspur Landing Renton
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Renton
Hyatt Regency Lake Washington at Seattle’s Southport
Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila

Been to TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton? Share your experiences!