“Gotta love the suite!”

SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We traveled to Seattle/Renton for a soccer tournament over Labor Day Weekend and stayed at this hotel as a team. The staff were helpful, friendly and polite. The rooms were spacious. The beds were comfortable. The bedding and towels were soft and having a mini fridge and microwave are SO nice when spending 3 days anywhere!

The breakfast was decent and what was expected for a continental breakfast. The Sunday brunch left a little to be desired. My only suggestion would be to have access to hot chocolate or cider for the younger, non-coffee/tea drinkers. All in all, a minor disappointment.

The hotel was located near the fields which is what was important for our stay. It also provided easy access to the freeway into downtown Seattle. The hotel even offers free shuttle to the airport where you can hop on the monorail into downtown Seattle for $5.00 and not have to pay the expensive parking available close to tourist attractions.

The pool is always a great amenity for the kids and even when returning from a late game, there was always a parking spot to be found.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and don't have anything to complain about.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brittany W

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in a business park, my personal preference as it is in a safer location. This hotel is ideal for personal and business travelers. There are many amenities. The hotel rooms are nicely serviced. The breakfast was good too. Staff is friendly. The only thing I was not too happy about was a computer virus picked up by using the hotel Wi-Fi, which caused a lot of headaches and inconvenience later on to fix. I am a very seasoned business traveler and this has never happened to me at any of the multiple hotel locations I have stayed at, including many national and international Marriott hotel chains. I didn't even surf the Internet and simply used it briefly to get access to my company network. Don't know if this was a fluke or this has happened to other patrons of this hotel. Be forewarned.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank UCIAlumni1991
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I and 48 other people stayed at this hotel July 18-20, 2013. The staff was wonderfully friendly, accommodating, and helpful. My room was very nice, breakfast was delicious and Everyone did their very best to ensure we had a pleasant stay. This hotel Features a free airport shuttle which also takes guests to the mall and several other nearby places, 15 minutes from downtown Seattle, 20 minutes from the cruise port, And is a reasonable option to hotels located in downtown Seattle/near the cruise port. I would highly recommend for a pre or post Cruise stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cruzdiva715
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Enjoyable stay... very comfortable and excellent breakfasts with plenty for everyone! We were there at the same time as a group of middle school sports teams so the pool was full and there were kids everywhere. Our room was, however, quiet and very comfortable.We loved that there was a kitchen area AND another sink area at the other end of the room as we had a baby with us that needed bottles in the middle of the night. This was in a more remote area/industrial area was close by so there was little traffic and no noise from outside on the weekend. Wonder if during the week if traffic/noise would have made it less appealing. No restaurants close by ~ drive to Southcenter Mall is about 20 minutes and there is LOTS there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laura W
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had booked my stay with the hotel on Expedia. When I arrived they had no record of my booking despite the fact that I had a confirmation email from Expedia. The manager Josh took the time to call Expedia to try and sort it out which was quite a task, because of the delay he suggested I go next door to the Townhouse Suites and join the afternoon social that happened to be going on. Despite all his efforts Josh was unable to sort things out with Expedia so he arranged another room for me at Townhouse Suites. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful everyone was. Plus my room was really nice, very large and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am a Marriotte Platinum member and go to Seattle often. I tried to get reservations at this hotel and the rates were higher than the othe Marriott properties in the area but this location is closer. I tried talking with Caleb, Josh and David and all of them would adjust the rate to $159.00 so that my companyt would let me expense it. The rate that I was given was $179.00. I know the hotel could work with me a little especially since the Govermant rate is $137.00. I have allways stayed at Marriott's and have never had a group of managers not willing to work with me. I was extremely surprised and dispointed. I guess I will not be able to rate the actual Hotel but the staff gets a poor rating from me for not being customer freindly at all.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel is not easy to find--it is tucked just off the freeway in a business park, so once you exit the freeway, you have to almost drive in a square to get here, but it is well worth it. In addition to that, because it is in a business park area, it is quiet. There are 3 or 4 hotels here that all look similar and they are all together in the same area. We were very happy with this one. The room was very nicely decorated--quite modern and a little different from anything else I had seen in hotels recently. There was a king sized bed, a full size couch that opens into a sofa bed, a little kitchen area with a mini fridge and a microwave, and a full-sized desk in an area a little separate from the sleeping area. If someone needed to do work and someone else wanted to sleep, that would be easy. In addition to that, there is a partial partition between the sofa area and the bed area, which I find to be pleasant.
We had stayed for 2 nights at the EconoLodge about 5 miles north of here because it is so close to family. We just couldn't handle the "iffiness" of that hotel and the uncomfortable bed, so we began to look elsewhere. This facility is just 5 miles and about 10 minutes further, but a world of difference. It only cost us about $10 more per night to stay here--a very nice suite, than a basic king bed room there. After our experience with the EconoLodge, this hotel's cleanliness and nice appointments were a pleasant respite.
The breakfast was more than sufficient as well.
What really made it a little different are those small things that they do. For instance, they have a little pantry where you can buy soups or some frozen items to cook in the microwave if you don't want to go out. Have you ever been in a hotel and just wanted cookies and milk before bed? Or an ice cream? Well, they have those! It is a small thing, but really turned a pleasant stay into an extra-nice one! In addition to that, the employees are wonderful. Everyone we dealt with was super nice.
We had decided to try it for one night to see what it was like, and ended staying both nights. The second night we were there, there was a large group of very loud people who were obviously new to the United States and very demanding of the staff. If it were me, I would not have been so nice, but the young lady at the desk just kept helping them and being extremely nice. She deserves 4 stars! This was on the night of July 2nd.
When we return to visit family the next time, this will be our home away from home!

Room Tip: I cannot imagine any one room is better than another, but the night we were there, the noisy people...