“Average”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Lone Tree, Colorado
“Average”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Another business trip and another decent hotel. What I enjoyed about this location is that it was very quiet as compared with the hotels along the strip at SeaTac. What I didn't like is there were no decent restaurants near this hotel. It seemed like is was only fast food. As for the SpringHill Suites, it was nothing special. The room was clean, quiet, roomy, and good for doing some work. I had two very good nights of sleep in that bed. Breakfast buffet was typical and I enjoyed the yogurt and fish fruit. Their was some hot stuff, eggs and sausage, but it was just normal fare. The two staff employees working the desk were enjoyable and helpful - very nice service. I really don't have anything negative about the hotel, just no restaurants close by. I do not know if I will return, may try the Hilton next door (I was told they have a restaurant). It's a good business stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
North Dakota
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We checked in here around 9.30pm and checked out at 6am and took the shuttle to the airport. I didn't have a chance to explore, but the property is a typical Springhill Suites with the usual bright and cheery chain decor. The property seems fairly new - I had no complaints about cleanliness whatsoever.

I printed my boarding pass after a quick check in, and my husband and I pretty much got our luggage situated and went to bed. The room had a very small living area and bed area, and the layout was kind of strange. But we didn't use the room much.

I have to say though that the hotel itself was clean and inviting, the folks were nice, not overly friendly. Breakfast starts at 6.30am which is typical, but would be nice if there was at least a continental grab and go starting at 6am since this is an airport hotel and folks are up early. Not a big deal.

We were really pleased to stay here for a night after spending a week in Seattle. The shuttle was timely. I would definitely stay here again when visiting.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Caleb S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. As a new manager at this hotel one of my goals was improve upon the staff service so that the staff isn't just nice, but I want the reviews to say that they are excellent and very friendly. I think the current and new staff being hired are beginning to reflect this goal and I hope that in the future you will be able to honestly agree.

As for the continental breakfast idea, I think that your perspective is very accurate. Since we are an airport hotel there should be a "grab n' go" option for early departure guests. I will work on a solution so that we can hopefully improve upon your experience the next time you visit the Seattle area.
Oregon
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Good value

Clean rooms

Needs a full restaraunt and bar though. If it had one. It would be a one stop shop.

Breakfast is ok. I have had better but a lot worse. I think it is prepared off site and brought in

• Stayed February 2013
Connecticut
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The location was right down the street from my office, which was helpful but I wasn't impressed with my stay. I've decided to head back to the Fairfield Inn at the airport tonight instead, because I was much more impressed with it!

They acknowledged my Platinum status - and offered the points or a drink or snack. I was disappointed to find that those tiny Vasa water bottles (like 5 oz) in most Marriotts are for sale, though there is a jug of water and cups in the lobby. However, I'm used to at least one tiny water bottle in the room, or offered at check-in.

I told the Front Desk I was exhausted and asked if there was any place nearby to get food and was informed the closest place for food as at the mall, which was 15 minutes away. She offered menus for Chinese and Pizza delivery though. However, when driving the next morning, I found Applebys, Starbucks, McDonalds, local restaurants, etc about a mile away. Would have greatly preferred that over the pizza - not sure if they receive kickback from the pizza restaurant they recommend but it was delivered late and was not appetizing. I was so disappointed when I saw all of the food right down the street the next morning!

Every morning when I left for work there was a sign on the desk that the front desk had stepped away. I believe the employee was watching TV in the breakfast area each morning.

Overall, the stay wasn't terrible but I wasn't impressed. For a decent price, this is a fine no-frills hotel.

Pros:
* Update style of Springhill Suites
* Clean
* Short drive to airport

Cons:
* Breakfast starts 6:30, which was late for me
* No paper delivered to door
* No free water
* Front Desk was not extremely friendly or knowledgable

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ConnecticutLori
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over the long weekend with our toddler son. Very convenient location, close to South Center Mall and Museum of Flight. The room is clean and spacious. Breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, BC
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel as part of a Park and Stay Package for a Great Deal of $99.

Pros: Great location, quick shuttle to and from the airport. Free breakfast was a nice treat before we flew out. I felt very confident leaving our car for 10 days. The pool and hot tub were a great way to finish our evening.

The only con would be bed size. The double beds were too small for 2 adults so we used the soaf bed which was queen size.

We fly out of Seattle often and we will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank We-Love-The-Ocean
richmond, bc
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very good hotel at a very reasonable price. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Clean and brightly lit interior corridors, The suites had TWO flatscreen TV sets which my kids LOVED. Small pool but good for relaxing in at night. Breakfast was good, hot sausages and eggs and waffle maker which makes best waffles (and I have eaten MANY at different hotels). The blueberry topping and whip cream was definitely great for the waffles. Overall, very happy with the stay at Springfield Suites. Will come back again.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good, it's a long corridor so maybe ask for one closer to elevator?