“great place to stay”

“great place to stay”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Good value

Clean rooms

Needs a full restaraunt and bar though. If it had one. It would be a one stop shop.

Breakfast is ok. I have had better but a lot worse. I think it is prepared off site and brought in

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Connecticut
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The location was right down the street from my office, which was helpful but I wasn't impressed with my stay. I've decided to head back to the Fairfield Inn at the airport tonight instead, because I was much more impressed with it!

They acknowledged my Platinum status - and offered the points or a drink or snack. I was disappointed to find that those tiny Vasa water bottles (like 5 oz) in most Marriotts are for sale, though there is a jug of water and cups in the lobby. However, I'm used to at least one tiny water bottle in the room, or offered at check-in.

I told the Front Desk I was exhausted and asked if there was any place nearby to get food and was informed the closest place for food as at the mall, which was 15 minutes away. She offered menus for Chinese and Pizza delivery though. However, when driving the next morning, I found Applebys, Starbucks, McDonalds, local restaurants, etc about a mile away. Would have greatly preferred that over the pizza - not sure if they receive kickback from the pizza restaurant they recommend but it was delivered late and was not appetizing. I was so disappointed when I saw all of the food right down the street the next morning!

Every morning when I left for work there was a sign on the desk that the front desk had stepped away. I believe the employee was watching TV in the breakfast area each morning.

Overall, the stay wasn't terrible but I wasn't impressed. For a decent price, this is a fine no-frills hotel.

Pros:
* Update style of Springhill Suites
* Clean
* Short drive to airport

Cons:
* Breakfast starts 6:30, which was late for me
* No paper delivered to door
* No free water
* Front Desk was not extremely friendly or knowledgable

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ConnecticutLori
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over the long weekend with our toddler son. Very convenient location, close to South Center Mall and Museum of Flight. The room is clean and spacious. Breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, BC
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel as part of a Park and Stay Package for a Great Deal of $99.

Pros: Great location, quick shuttle to and from the airport. Free breakfast was a nice treat before we flew out. I felt very confident leaving our car for 10 days. The pool and hot tub were a great way to finish our evening.

The only con would be bed size. The double beds were too small for 2 adults so we used the soaf bed which was queen size.

We fly out of Seattle often and we will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank We-Love-The-Ocean
richmond, bc
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very good hotel at a very reasonable price. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Clean and brightly lit interior corridors, The suites had TWO flatscreen TV sets which my kids LOVED. Small pool but good for relaxing in at night. Breakfast was good, hot sausages and eggs and waffle maker which makes best waffles (and I have eaten MANY at different hotels). The blueberry topping and whip cream was definitely great for the waffles. Overall, very happy with the stay at Springfield Suites. Will come back again.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good, it's a long corridor so maybe ask for one closer to elevator?
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
las vegas
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Rooms are large and comfortable. Everything was well maintained. Convienent to Seatac and southcenter. Friendly service and great breakfast. I would recommend for anyone who is flying out of Seatac. Just a little hard to find the turn onto the street in the dark.

• Stayed November 2012
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here with family for a long weekend in Seattle. The hotel was very quiet and clean. Breakfast was top notch and generous. The front desk was very helpful with dining recommendations. We had a tough time finding the hotel, but eventually figured it out. It is close to SEA-TAC and the drive to downtown Seattle is not too far either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton
Larkspur Landing Renton
TownePlace Suites Seattle South/Renton
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Courtyard Seattle Sea-Tac Area
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 11 in Renton

Been to SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton? Share your experiences!