“Good deal for the price”

SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed April 17, 2008

Stayed there for 1 night before a 6am flight from SEA. I had to receive 2 overnight FedEx packages at the hotel but the receptionist handed me the packages without any problems upon check-in.

The hotel is very isolated from any fastfood, restaurants, shops etc. It's really nothing in walking distance. I didn't have a car so I asked the reception to call a taxi for me to get something to eat. The SouthCenter mall area was about $30 cab ride (around trip) . I think they have a free shuttle service before 7pm, but other guests already booked the shuttle to go to a Walmart before me so I couldn't get the free shuttle.

But the hotel room was clean and big and with this price ($89 on a weekend night), I think this place is a good deal. My flight was leaving at 6pm next morning, and I was the only one leaving at 4am, but they paid a taxi for me to go to the SEA airport instead.

• Stayed: November 2007

Reviewed February 27, 2008

We stayed at this hotel near Seattle as downtown hotels were quite expensive. It was a little difficult to find at first as you kind of drive through the boonies. But once you find it the location is actually quite close to the city and near highways. The room was great with two queen beds and a sitting area with a sofa bed, two tvs and a small kitchenette with a small fridge. We tried out the hot tub downstairs but the pool area quickly filled with kids. Overall i've been quite impressed with Marriott hotels.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2007

Apart from noise during the night, which made it hard for me to sleep, the hotel quality was good. Breakfast is good. So are the beds. Overall it is a nice place to stay. if you stay here, maybe dont stay on the top floor, as this is where the noise seemed to be coming from.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenton K
Reviewed August 30, 2007

I booked a room with a king-sized bed to be near a business conference in Renton. Big mistake - I changed rooms to the Marriott Courtyard in Tukwila (much better). This location is isolated, not near any restaurants, etc., and very difficult to get to from the freeways. The room was small and strangely shaped. The big problem was that the AC was right next to (maybe 18 inches max away from) the bed. That meant I had two choices - leave it off and get hot or leave it on and get cold air blown right across me. In the evening I asked for directions to the Southside Mall, and was given an incorrect route and inaccurate map. Oh, and when I went to change rooms, I was told that if I checked out by 4:00 I would be OK. I left the conference early, checked out by 3:50, and they charged me for half a days stay - wouldn't honor the desk clerk's statement to me over the phone.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank CobolKing
Reviewed August 30, 2007

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in August 2007. When we arrived at our room we found several stains on the bathroom wallpaper that appreared to be feces. The carpeting also had unusual stains near the bathroom. We immediately contacted the desk and they said that we could move to another room, however their only comment was that the housekeeping staff was "subpar." The desk clerk said that he would notify the manager but we never heard from him/her. Our next room had a musty odor and also the room air conditioner blew directly onto the second queen bed making the bed unusable unless we turned off the air conditioner, which we did, although it made the room hot. We received no other reponses or apologies from the management. Although we only stayed one night, the stay was not consistent with the quality we usually associate with Marriot.

On the plus side the breakfast was very good and the shower was decent.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brc1
Reviewed August 30, 2007

August 28 – 30th, 2007 – I spent two nights at the Springhill suites in Renton Washington basically because the two Courtyard hotels that I normally stay at were sold out and the full-service Marriott at Sea-Tac has gotten too expensive. My rate was $159 per night. Three different taxes brought the nightly total to just under $180.

The hotel is located at the intersection of I405 and 167. It is about seven miles from Sea-Tac airport. Getting to the hotel the first time can be a little challenging especially during rush hour traffic. My recommendation, if you are coming from Sea-Tac or I5 is to take I405 East/North and exit South on 167 Valley Freeway. Take the first exit and turn right onto East Valley Highway and left about 1.4 miles on 19th. It is a little longer route, but seemed easier and quicker to me.

Check in at the Springhill Suites in Renton was “Marriott fast,” taking about one minute. Nicholas, the associate that helped me, was friendly and efficient. I received the king suite as guaranteed. My room was #321 on the third floor facing the sister property a Town Place Suites.

The suite was larger than a regular hotel room, with a sleeping area, sitting area, and office/kitchen area. The king bed was very comfortable and had both feather and foam pillows and the new Marriott bedding package. The window next to the bed opened about 6 inches which I appreciate to let fresh air in.

The high speed internet connection worked well and was free. I was able to connect to our company’s VPN without any problems. During the evening, when usage was likely the greatest, download speed was slow, in my opinion. Using the Speakeasy speed test down load speeds were about 385K and upload speed 185K. The desk had an office style chair which I always appreciate and pretty good lighting.

The TV had network and a large selection of cable channels but no pay-per-view movies. The TV could be swiveled so that it could be viewed in any area of the suite except the bathroom.

The bath area had a vanity and a separate bathroom with toilet and combination but and shower. Bath amenities included shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Lighting was good. My only complaint, which is a common complaint, was that the bathroom fan was too noisy. Water pressure was excellent.

The hotel offers a nice complimentary breakfast. Hot items included make-your-own waffles, egg patties, and sausage patties. There was fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, juice, and milk. Coffee was available at all hours.

The hotel had an indoor swimming pool and a whirlpool spa. Next to the pool, was the exercise room. Right off the lobby was the business area. There were two computers, both with printers that were complimentary to use. It was convenient to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass.

I was very happy with my stay at the Springhill Suites in Renton. I would still choose the Courtyard Southcenter because of its location but this would probably be my 2nd choice. Service was excellent; the hotel was spotlessly clean, and in a quiet area. I can recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank LakersFan
Reviewed July 30, 2007

A very clean, quite, comfortable business travelers hotel. Close to SeaTac and Renton/Kent/Tukwila business areas. Adequate simple morning continental breakfast. Complementary USA Today & WSJ. Room are large with two queen beds, sitting area, cove with desk. Microwave and refrigerator are standard. Staff are always pleasant and helpful. Adequate free parking.

S couple miles from South Center Shopping areas. Many above average restaurants within 3 miles. There are some quite jogging or walking paths in the area.

Rated Excellent for this type of hotel - Business travelers category.

Stayed: July 2007