Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Seattle-Renton for two nights, around the January/February time and I just remembered that I forgot to post a review!

First off, I work for another group of hotels in Moses Lake, WA. I got off work at 9 pm and had to drive approximately 3 or 4 hours to get there. I gave them a call to let them know I'd be in late so they wouldn't cancel/no show my reservation. When I got there at around 1 A.M. the front desk was very helpful, polite, and time efficient. Check-in was absolutely awesome. Parking was a little tight (But I'm not picky and it's expected to be that way at 1 AM.)

The location was just where we needed it to be. Close to food, shopping, and easy to find.

The room was great. We had a room with 2 Queen beds, which is what I reserved, and it was absolutely amazing. The bathroom was a little small but worked very well regardless. The housekeeper that was cleaning the rooms on my floor in the morning, (2nd floor I believe) was absolutely perfect. Very kind, and did a great job of cleaning our room. Oh, and the beds were VERY comfortable.

If we ever travel that way again, I will definitely be picking this hotel!
Once again, this is coming from someone who has been employed at a hotel for over a year now. Pick this hotel if you want a good night sleep! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Blake M
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate it. I am pleased that everything went well. Sometimes hoteliers can be the hardest to please. Thank you choosing us and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Seattle-Renton while on our way to Las Vegas. We have stayed at this hotel quite a few times, but this past time was disappointing for us. I must first stress that the staff are all very friendly & accommodating. Check-in was great - easy & efficient. We Did the "park & fly" thing- that worked our well & has always been a reason for staying here. This last visit, however, was very different.

Prices are way too high for the condition of the rooms. We paid premium price for the night we stayed going down (because we would be leaving vehicle at the hotel). On the way back, our confirmation listed a Kind bed, but we got 2 queens. Not sure if that is because there was some kind of "Miss teenage Washington" event going on & they gave the king room to one of those people. The door to the rooms (both) had a gap enough that it let the light in. On the return stay, someone on our floor had been smoking marijuana & the smell was so strong in our room (because of the huge gap around the door) that I had to call the front desk to have someone come up & "take a whiff". They obviously smelled it too, because a couple of hours after I called, I went into the hall & both windows at each end of the hallway were opened (wide) and they had the emergency doors held open with towels to get rid of the smell. This was pretty disappointing.

Not sure we'll stay here again. While the location is good while flying out of Seattle, I'm sure we can find a place perhaps closer to the airport that is in better condition & offers park & fly.

We paid pretty premium prices for what we got - but I'd like to re-state that the staff were very accommodating & friendly.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any "good" rooms at this hotel. Maybe if you are on the "execu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stoneboys
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit. We apologize for the room type mix up as well as the unfortunate experience while you were in your room. We are actively planning a renovation that will update the rooms significantly as well as other parts of the hotel. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff, they take pride in making people feel welcomed. Thank you for al of your comments, they are detailed and help us in the ongoing process of improving.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We are so thankful that we only needed to stay 1 night. The rooms are old and are in need of being updated. This was one of the worst night sleep we have had in a LONG time. The door had a gap around so big you could hear EVERYTHING, it appeared to be light coming in the room from the hall way. I was NOT about to take a shower as it was so old and the grout looked filthy....the bathroom was so small. Sorry, but we will NEVER be back...not sure why anyone would give this a good rating. If I had known I would of never booked this...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Feedback is good even when its not pretty! Thanks for taking the time. We will be renovating the first phase of rooms very soon. New wall vinyl, carpeting, bathroom upgrades and more is on the scope for improvement.

I appreciate your disappointment and I apologize for the experience. We have a very good housekeeping and engineering team and will be aggressively taking care of this particular bathroom. I believe it to be out of the ordinary.

I would love the opportunity to speak with me as we would like to have more details as well as do something for you. We care greatly about your experience and would like to discuss further. Thank you again for making the time. The hotel phone number is 425-226-7700.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed at this property multiple times (at least 5 times) for business. It is what it is. Typical Holiday Inn type property that is old...As I have stated before I believe the staff is doing a bang up job keeping this property in functional shape.

The Good:
1. Check in was easy and efficient. Cher the front desk manager is outstanding at what she does. Liked that I was recognized as a priority club member..nice touch.Original room I was assigned has some issues (more on that later) and she quickly assigned me to a new room. Polite, without hesitation, no questions, just did it.
2. They have finally upgraded their rooms with flat screen TV"s...that was a nice addition and overdue...thanks for that.
3. Pillow menu was a bonus and appreciated
4. The people that work here are doing what they can. Its an older property, can't change that. From the front desk, the maintenance folks, they are all doing a good job.
The Bad:
1. Original room I was assigned has a toilet that leaked the first time I flushed it. Did not want to deal with that for my trip.
2. Checked in late and was assigned a room with two queen beds...I know that supplies are limited but would have preferred a King...maybe I forgot to specify that in the reservation
3. Parking is tight.. may have been a ton of park, stay and fly folks but had to park by the "evergreen" building that says parking for evergreen building only...asked at the front desk and was assured it was ok to park there..perhaps some signage that says its ok for hotel guests as well would be in order?
4. The hotel is old...from the get go with the directions "please use your key slowly in the door slot" to the scratches on the door, and repairs throughout its just plain tired.
5. If you don't have a room in the Tower, be prepared for some noise. Those rooms are newer and the sound proofing a bit better, but don't know by how much. Last two times here have been assigned a room in the smaller three story building. This time was in a room on the far North end, but facing the parking lot. However, still heard the constant grind of trucks and cars on I-405 all night....I'm not a great hotel sleeper to begin with, but this was for sure the worst I have slept at this property...Make sure you get a room that faces the pool in the old building or Grady way/parking lot in the tower if you are a light sleeper.

I give this hotel three stars because of the people and the effort they are making..Not much you can do about this older property....Thank you for the efforts of the employees. I'm sure I'll be back, but only because that's where my business meeting is at. Remember folks, you get what you pay for....if you pay average prices, you get average (at least for the building), way above average for the staff!

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the freeway....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for the detailed feedback. The staff is our strongest and best asset and am extremely proud of them. Thank you for your comments.

We will have the opportunity to upgrade the rooms in the next couple of months. We will be changing out wall vinyl, carpet and upgrade the bathrooms and more. Thank you for your business and the kind words.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We parked our car for two weeks and stayed over one night before driving home. The front desk staff was attentive and friendly. The shuttle to and from SeaTac was prompt and efficient - even at 11:30 at night. The buffet breakfast was excellent. The building is older but the lobby and room had recent upgrades. Good value for the money and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. We do a lot of business with people flying in and out of the airport. Keep us in mind for your future trips as well. Our location is convenient to a variety of areas and destinations around the Seattle area.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you need airport parking for more than a few days, this hotel is a great choice. We booked this hotel for a 2 week trip out of Seattle. I was looking at various park and fly options when I found this hotel. The park and fly rate was quite inexpensive, and for a 2 week trip, was pretty much free after we factored in parking.

The hotel is about 10 minutes away from the airport and has a shuttle bus that runs every 30 minutes. The pool was closed, but we enjoyed the hot tub. In-room wifi worked well and was free! Also, for families, you'll be happy to know that kids eat free in the restaurant attached to the hotel. Overall, our stay was fantastic.

The hotel itself was pretty basic, but we were only there for 1 night. My compliments to the friendly staff and shuttle driver.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your comments and feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Nice room, older but well kept and clean.
Temperature controls are saddly lacking and may not please a lot of people. The instructions say that if the room is too warm open a window and if too cool there is an extra blanket.
On our most recent stay the room was too warm for sleeping so we opened a window and it helped a little (our room was on the north side) but if you face the freeway it could be noisy.
We have stayed here a few times, for the free parking and great shuttle to SEA airport, on holidays and never had a problem.
The front desk is very helpful.

Room Tip: the north side is a lot quieter even if you overlook the roof of the restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. We appreciate the feedback. We have two sections of the hotel and the one you were in has a 2-pipe system, which means it is difficult for the hotel to switch back and forth between heat and cooling. The lack of control can be frustrating. I apologize and have the ability to place you in a different section.

Thank you for your comments about the front desk staff. We have a great team and are proud of them. Thank you again for your thoughts. They are appreciated.