“In need of help....”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Boise, Idaho
“In need of help....”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We are so thankful that we only needed to stay 1 night. The rooms are old and are in need of being updated. This was one of the worst night sleep we have had in a LONG time. The door had a gap around so big you could hear EVERYTHING, it appeared to be light coming in the room from the hall way. I was NOT about to take a shower as it was so old and the grout looked filthy....the bathroom was so small. Sorry, but we will NEVER be back...not sure why anyone would give this a good rating. If I had known I would of never booked this...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Feedback is good even when its not pretty! Thanks for taking the time. We will be renovating the first phase of rooms very soon. New wall vinyl, carpeting, bathroom upgrades and more is on the scope for improvement.

I appreciate your disappointment and I apologize for the experience. We have a very good housekeeping and engineering team and will be aggressively taking care of this particular bathroom. I believe it to be out of the ordinary.

I would love the opportunity to speak with me as we would like to have more details as well as do something for you. We care greatly about your experience and would like to discuss further. Thank you again for making the time. The hotel phone number is 425-226-7700.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed at this property multiple times (at least 5 times) for business. It is what it is. Typical Holiday Inn type property that is old...As I have stated before I believe the staff is doing a bang up job keeping this property in functional shape.

The Good:
1. Check in was easy and efficient. Cher the front desk manager is outstanding at what she does. Liked that I was recognized as a priority club member..nice touch.Original room I was assigned has some issues (more on that later) and she quickly assigned me to a new room. Polite, without hesitation, no questions, just did it.
2. They have finally upgraded their rooms with flat screen TV"s...that was a nice addition and overdue...thanks for that.
3. Pillow menu was a bonus and appreciated
4. The people that work here are doing what they can. Its an older property, can't change that. From the front desk, the maintenance folks, they are all doing a good job.
The Bad:
1. Original room I was assigned has a toilet that leaked the first time I flushed it. Did not want to deal with that for my trip.
2. Checked in late and was assigned a room with two queen beds...I know that supplies are limited but would have preferred a King...maybe I forgot to specify that in the reservation
3. Parking is tight.. may have been a ton of park, stay and fly folks but had to park by the "evergreen" building that says parking for evergreen building only...asked at the front desk and was assured it was ok to park there..perhaps some signage that says its ok for hotel guests as well would be in order?
4. The hotel is old...from the get go with the directions "please use your key slowly in the door slot" to the scratches on the door, and repairs throughout its just plain tired.
5. If you don't have a room in the Tower, be prepared for some noise. Those rooms are newer and the sound proofing a bit better, but don't know by how much. Last two times here have been assigned a room in the smaller three story building. This time was in a room on the far North end, but facing the parking lot. However, still heard the constant grind of trucks and cars on I-405 all night....I'm not a great hotel sleeper to begin with, but this was for sure the worst I have slept at this property...Make sure you get a room that faces the pool in the old building or Grady way/parking lot in the tower if you are a light sleeper.

I give this hotel three stars because of the people and the effort they are making..Not much you can do about this older property....Thank you for the efforts of the employees. I'm sure I'll be back, but only because that's where my business meeting is at. Remember folks, you get what you pay for....if you pay average prices, you get average (at least for the building), way above average for the staff!

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the freeway....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for the detailed feedback. The staff is our strongest and best asset and am extremely proud of them. Thank you for your comments.

We will have the opportunity to upgrade the rooms in the next couple of months. We will be changing out wall vinyl, carpet and upgrade the bathrooms and more. Thank you for your business and the kind words.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We parked our car for two weeks and stayed over one night before driving home. The front desk staff was attentive and friendly. The shuttle to and from SeaTac was prompt and efficient - even at 11:30 at night. The buffet breakfast was excellent. The building is older but the lobby and room had recent upgrades. Good value for the money and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. We do a lot of business with people flying in and out of the airport. Keep us in mind for your future trips as well. Our location is convenient to a variety of areas and destinations around the Seattle area.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you need airport parking for more than a few days, this hotel is a great choice. We booked this hotel for a 2 week trip out of Seattle. I was looking at various park and fly options when I found this hotel. The park and fly rate was quite inexpensive, and for a 2 week trip, was pretty much free after we factored in parking.

The hotel is about 10 minutes away from the airport and has a shuttle bus that runs every 30 minutes. The pool was closed, but we enjoyed the hot tub. In-room wifi worked well and was free! Also, for families, you'll be happy to know that kids eat free in the restaurant attached to the hotel. Overall, our stay was fantastic.

The hotel itself was pretty basic, but we were only there for 1 night. My compliments to the friendly staff and shuttle driver.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your comments and feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Nice room, older but well kept and clean.
Temperature controls are saddly lacking and may not please a lot of people. The instructions say that if the room is too warm open a window and if too cool there is an extra blanket.
On our most recent stay the room was too warm for sleeping so we opened a window and it helped a little (our room was on the north side) but if you face the freeway it could be noisy.
We have stayed here a few times, for the free parking and great shuttle to SEA airport, on holidays and never had a problem.
The front desk is very helpful.

Room Tip: the north side is a lot quieter even if you overlook the roof of the restaurant.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. We appreciate the feedback. We have two sections of the hotel and the one you were in has a 2-pipe system, which means it is difficult for the hotel to switch back and forth between heat and cooling. The lack of control can be frustrating. I apologize and have the ability to place you in a different section.

Thank you for your comments about the front desk staff. We have a great team and are proud of them. Thank you again for your thoughts. They are appreciated.
North Lakewood
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed here before since it is close to SeaTac Airport and they have a shuttle with a park/sleep/fly option. Parking is only $5 a night beyond the nights you stay at the hotel. The front desk was extremely friendly on check-in and check-out. When we entered our room there was a look of a lack of maintenance or unprofessional maintenance. It seems like the people conducting maintenance are trying, but really do not know how to properly do it. An example was the security lock on the door. It had a block of cracked wood that it was attached to. The shower head was attached crookedly and leaked most of the water to the side of it.The lobby bathroom had loose faucets. The pool was full of debris - I assume it was closed. The shuttle van had a oil change light on and a low tire warning. It was just a lot of little things, seemingly petty, but made me wonder about the overall maintenance of the facility. The restaurant attached to the hotel was excellent and they have a friendly bar staff. The price was very reasonable but we probably select a different property next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Its very important to me. You make great observations and myself and the team are committed to improving. I agree with you that the details are critical. Thanks again for sharing your observations.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here in July on my birthday. The room was chilly and blowing cold air for heat(AC). When I arrived it looked out a place as if someone just hopped out of bed. I suffered the whole night in that ICE COLD room. It was late and no one could do anything about it. When I notified the front desk the girl who was trying hard to be helpful explained the wiring system and some story about the heat not working on certian sides in the building. She offered complementy breakfest and I called the Manager Amber Thompson and told her my experience. There was a bucket list of what was wrong that I'm not even covering in this review and those things I would let slide. The main problem was the heat not working. It was prob better to sleep in my car! Within the week she got back to me and ask if I wanted a refund. They credit my account and she offered me a complementy night so they can show me a better experience. I accepted but wanted to make sure the room "They complementy give me" had a working heater! not just AC! and had Housekeeping done! To make a long story short she never mailed me the complementy voucher. I followed up with her in September and told her I still haven't recieved it.She said she mailed it out in July. I verified my address again and It all sounded good like she was listening and cared. Till this day no follow up or no voucher. I don't even think they have enough rooms with Heat in them. This isn't my last resort hotel and def not my 2nd thought. They don't even have anything on a 2* hotel.No intergrity.No heat.Only Personas. Inauthentic concern and Alaska weatherd rooms.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, Make sure you especially request a room that has a heater that emits...
Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Emily P,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Renton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 11 in Renton
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter

Been to Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton? Share your experiences!