“Never followed up and Kept promise”

Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Seattle, Washington
“Never followed up and Kept promise”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here in July on my birthday. The room was chilly and blowing cold air for heat(AC). When I arrived it looked out a place as if someone just hopped out of bed. I suffered the whole night in that ICE COLD room. It was late and no one could do anything about it. When I notified the front desk the girl who was trying hard to be helpful explained the wiring system and some story about the heat not working on certian sides in the building. She offered complementy breakfest and I called the Manager Amber Thompson and told her my experience. There was a bucket list of what was wrong that I'm not even covering in this review and those things I would let slide. The main problem was the heat not working. It was prob better to sleep in my car! Within the week she got back to me and ask if I wanted a refund. They credit my account and she offered me a complementy night so they can show me a better experience. I accepted but wanted to make sure the room "They complementy give me" had a working heater! not just AC! and had Housekeeping done! To make a long story short she never mailed me the complementy voucher. I followed up with her in September and told her I still haven't recieved it.She said she mailed it out in July. I verified my address again and It all sounded good like she was listening and cared. Till this day no follow up or no voucher. I don't even think they have enough rooms with Heat in them. This isn't my last resort hotel and def not my 2nd thought. They don't even have anything on a 2* hotel.No intergrity.No heat.Only Personas. Inauthentic concern and Alaska weatherd rooms.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, Make sure you especially request a room that has a heater that emits...
Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Emily P,

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Toronto
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed for a night at Holiday Inn Seattle-Renton during late September. Check in was very fast and efficient. The staff were very friendly and informative. I needed to go to the post office and the front desk staff printed one from their computer, showing how I could walk there.
The location is very nice, with Walmart right across the street, down town was within walking distance and there's a big drug store nearby where you can purchase your daily essentials.
The only complain I have is that my room's shower head was half broken. By the time I took a shower, it was already very late so I didn't bother switching rooms. But knowing how great the service for this hotel is, I'm sure they'll have no problem transferring me to another room.
I had to check out very early the next day. There's complimentary coffee, hot chocolate and tea by the lobby and that's greatly appreciated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate the kind words about the staff. I feel they are unquestionably, our best asset.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you want a place to stay in Seattle at a very reasonable cost and handy access to the train for downtown, I really suggest you stay here. Easy to get to off of 405, close to Ikea and south center mall.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your business and the feedback.
Selah, Washington
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Let me start this off by saying that I am willing to give it another try. Location is great. The entrance and lobby are great. Unlike previous posts, elevators worked well and were fast, very little wait time. I think that I just had a really bad experience.
I stayed on the 4th floor, north side, in the main building. Wi-fi worked well during the dinner hour but at night, i could not get connected or connection was incredibly slow. Ice Machine and Laundry machines were both "out of order" on my floor. All night long a big bright spotlight came through my window. The curtains couldn't keep it dim enough.
The beds were nice and the pillows good.
The bathroom was spacious with plenty of counter space but there was a lot of patchwork repair work done in the bath area. Very shabby looking, but at least no leaks!!!

I would give this place a try, the price was right for the location, but i think I just had a bad experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your comments and time. We appreciate all of your feedback and consider it valuable. I appreciate your willingness to try us again. We will begin renovating some of the rooms in the next several weeks and think it will help in a variety of areas. Thank you again.
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Seems like the Holiday Inns are a little older than the updating they are doing at all the Expresses, but...Somehow our reservation got screwed up and they had it for the wrong hotel (online res could have been our mistake), but they got us a room anyway and worked it out which was cool. Staff going the extra mile. Then the first room they put us in smelled smoked in, we requested a change and they moved us right away. We were also supposed to stay on the executive floor right down the hall from the evening reception but they were booked up because of the screw up on our reservation but they really did everything you could expect to make us happy. The girl doing the reception, awesome. People at the front desk, awesome. Room, typical clean crispy linens, really cool updated walk in shower (no tub) with newer tile, comfy bed. The only negative was we were in the lower building, 3rd floor, quite a ways from the desk and internet service was useless. There was even what appeared to be a modem which was unattainable and while the wireless said we were connected, it wouldn't open a webpage. If we had needed the internet (business trip) we'd have been pretty unhappy but this was just a pleasure visit so we let it slide. AND I think they might have been willing to move us to a different room maybe with better reception had we asked and one been available. All in all, very satisfied.

Room Tip: If you want internet, may need to be closer to the desk.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the comments and your time. We appreciate the feedback. The employees at the hotel are very good and I am fortunate to work with them. It looks like they mitigated a disaster. Thank you for your patience through the process.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 17, 2012

First time at this property. Must say, when I walked into the lobby, I was expecting the rest of the hotel to live up to the standards. The lobby was beautiful, clean, and polished. However, once I got my room, the further I walked from the lobby, the worse it became. Dirty floors, wrappers and such in the hallway, and once to the room, it was average at BEST. Smelled old. Musty. The beds were neat however, paint was literally peeling off the wall in areas. I am used to Holiday Inn Express where they offer a free Continental Breakfast and microwaves and fridges in every room. The front desk person never even mentioned to me any of the accommodations offered at this hotel and I must admit I was SHOCKED to see a Continental Breakfast offered at $9 per person. SERIOUSLY?

One last thing, i specifically asked for a 1pm checkout - front desk said that would be just fine. I had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. Who comes barging in at 8:20 in the morning?? Housekeeping!! I politely informed them of the 1pm checkout and that I really needed sleep only to have them turn on the vacuum in the room next door which was extremely loud since there is seemingly no insulation between the rooms. Then a wake up call that I DID NOT REQUEST at 10am! Ugh! I came in at 1am people! LET ME SLEEP! I was very angry and let not long after.

All in all, kinda dirty, kinda old, mediocre beds, and I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel and you'll do great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Elizabeth T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Elizabeth T,

We certainly appreciate our guest providing feedback as this is our best tool in improving overall satisfaction of our guests. It good to know you liked our location. Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience caused by the housekeeping and for the unusual level of service received. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make it right.

Irish V.
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I just finished a 5 night stay at this property. I'm a business traveler that has racked up hundreds of nights at hotels all over this country and Russia. I'm also a HI Priority Club Elite member. Overall the property and room is on par with most average HI properties. But this is the first hotel I have ever stayed in where the guest has no control over the temperature of the room. The room has a laminated card which explained that the hotel only has three temperature options. Heat in the winter, cooling in the summer and no temperature option in spring/fall (basically the system is turned off). So if you happen to be at this hotel in spring/fall you can ether be too hot or too cold. So the laminated card explaines to have extra blankets sent to room if you are cold or open the window (with no screens) if you are hot. This is a very 3rd world climate system for a Holiday Inn in a major metropolitan market in the USA.

I have to do regular business in the Seattle area, and this is one hotel I will not go back to.

Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Ted B.

Thank you for your recent stay and providing feedback. I am happy you were pleased with the property and room. I am sorry for the inconvenience and discomfort you encountered due to the temperature of the room. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

While I understand your stay was not 100% as it should have been. I do hope you can stay with us again so we can show you how truly great our hotel is.

Zelyn N