Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Renton
rotterdam
“nice hotel”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Very nice hotel with friendly staff. We stayed here at the start of our holiday and at the end. Would stay here again next time.
We had our meal at the Yankee grill and it was very nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thanks for including us in your holiday and vacation plans. I am especially appreciative of your kind comments regarding the Yankee Grill and our friendly staff. We hope to see you again on a future trip. Thanks again for taking the time to post a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We came to Seattle to experience the Sea Fair, see the sights, take in a ball game and visit with family. This hotel was perfectly located with easy freeway access wherever we wanted to go. The front desk staff were friendly, helpful and their directions were always 'spot on'.
Our room was clean and adequately furnished although we didn't spend much time it. When we returned late each night after a full day of fun the Yankee Grill was handy for a night cap and our wonderful bed with it's perfect pillows and light down comforter was heaven.
What more do you need? We will be back.
Sue and Dave
Portland, Or

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and am happy to hear about your trip. Seafair is the perfect time of year to visit. If I can be of assistance in the future, please contact me directly.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a few days on business. It was great, very clean. Everything in the room worked. Most of the staff was friendly and knowledgable. Had a pool and a hot tub along w a restaurant attached to the hotel. Not that close to downtown Seattle but it had many stores for everyday needs w/i walking distance. Very good and realiable wifi. Shuttle to and from airport. It didnt include breakfast but there were plenty of inexpensive option w/i walking distance. Shuttle also takes you to local places. Lots of big groups of tourist staying in the hotel. They did an excellent job at keeping the hotel pretty clean. It is right by the highway exit so if you have a car you cant get pretty much anywhere in Seattle. You can also rent a fridge and microwave for a very reasonable rate. Would def recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Thank you for the review. It appears you had a nice trip and we are appreciative of your kind comments. We look forward to your next visit and feel free to call me directly if I can be of any assistance.
Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Stayed 2 nights. Got the $75 weekend visa card rebate. What a deal. The room ended up being only $47 night. Staff was great. Swimming pool was warm and hot tub was good. The room was fine for the money. Spent the savings on dinners. Fast elevators.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you were able to take advantage of one of our specials. From time to time, we will offer fantastic deals. Keep checking back and I hope there is an opportunity for you to return!
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Wireless internet down upon arrival. Front desk advised me to try hard-wired DSL modem. In response to my complaint that it did not power up, front desk incompetently and patronizingly advised me that I had to reboot my laptop in order for the DSL modem to power up. (I tried this; it did not work. But then, there was no reason why it should have.) Room lock only works if the key card is moved out at a certain speed (not too fast; not too slow). Property is in a marginal location (see previous reviews regarding stolen cars and other crime). I checked out after the first night, and will not, under any circumstances, return to this location.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank RoadWearier
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry to hear about your frustrations. We typically get great reponses about our wireless internet, we attempt to do some basic troubleshooting and I apologize if that came across as patronizing.

In regards to location, living and working in this South Seattle area for many years that we have many advantages being in a large metro area and that comes with the disadvantages of having to deal with crime. I assure you that crime does not go away (or decrease) if you move two blocks away or 2 miles away. We take security and the safety of our guests very seriously.

If we can be of service to you in the future, please call me directly.

Travelers are raving about these Renton hotels

Reviewed July 5, 2011

The common areas and pool are very nice, but our room and everything in it was very old. The locks on the doors seemed very insecure. Our room was a non-smoking room but reaked of cigerettes. We spent one night there and could not sleep because of the smell and just decided to stay out our friend's house insead. When we drove back 3 days later to pick up a few things we left in the room, it had not even been touched. Housekeeping never even bothered to clean the room. I would never stay at this place again even for the cheap price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank aprylea
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for your review. We are 100% non-smoking and it appears that someone had ignored the policy. We have a procedure in place when smoking occurs, but clearly we were not as thorough as we needed to be. I apologize.

As with all people who reviews us, I would love the opportunity to learn more. There are so many avenues to correct these concerns if given the opportunity. I do not know the circumstances in your case, but we may have been airing out the room. Typically, when guests depart early we will check out the room. Given the condition, we likely needed to place it out of order until we could deep clean.

Again, please accept my apologies for not providing you with the accomodations that you expected. I appreciate you kind words regarding the renovated public space, we expect to continue the renovation into the guest rooms in the near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2011

i had a great stay tell the last day...... i had gotton really sick from mcdonalds and had to poop .....i went to there very nice bathroom and did the job. after the job was over i look for the toilet paper -looking and looking then relized there was none. D:
i didnt know what to do....... i thought about using the towel but gross! i saw there was some free soap with a wraper over it. i didnt want to but i had no choice ..... i had to use the free soap wrappr to wipe my butt.
TO be honest that was not fun - so it was a ok stay but the no toliet paper COME ON!
i ask that the manager to put a fresh roll in the room before people use your rooms

thank you . -.-

Room Tip: dont go to the mcdonalds near there. :o
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank bobby2009ist
BradKnutson, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
I am so sorry to hear about your trip to McDonalds. Perhaps an alternative such as our restaurant, The Yankee Grill, would have set much better!

Thank you for the time to write a review. We are so sorry about the oversight of not having a roll of toilet paper. We preach about always having an extra roll in the bathroom. I am uncertain how we could have missed that important ammenity, but I assure you we will use your review as a teaching moment.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 11 in Renton
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter

Been to Red Lion Hotel and Conference Center-Seattle-Renton? Share your experiences!