“It Is Just Like The Pictures On Their Website”

Larkspur Landing Renton
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Renton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Juneau, Alaska
“It Is Just Like The Pictures On Their Website”
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Our flight into Seattle was late due to weather, so when I called for the shuttle, I was told that due to low occcupancy the shuttle was not running. I was advised to call a cab. It would only cost $20. Okay, we got a great price on the room ($80 including tax) so I didn't complain too much. Check in was fast, the check in person was nice, and our room looked great. The room (#309) had a full kitchen. We were tired and slept very well in the spacious king size bed. In the morning we got up early and headed out to the airport for the next leg of our trip.
I must say that the hotel looked just like the pictures on the internet. So many hotels take photos that are not exactly as things are. But at the Larkspur Landing, there was no disception with the photos.
There were a couple of things that were just odd. There was a table in the room but only one chair. And the television was oriented so that you could not lay in bed and watch it. There was a portable luggage stand in the closet, but there is no logical place in the room to place it.
We did brew some coffee in the morning before we checked out. It was labeled as organic. That was a nice touch.
Overall the hotel was nice. I would stay there again. It appears to have a lot of amenities, but due to our time limtations, we could not take the time to enjoy them.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Finnish first
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I needed a hotel in Renton to visit an ill relative, so this was not leisure and not business. Check-in was great, very friendly. This hotel is in a cluster of 3--Springhill Suites and Hilton Gardens share the parking lot. It's in the middle of nowhere for someone unfamiliar with Renton. No shops nearby. A car is necessary.
The room was functional. Way too much kitchen (a full size refrig??), not enough living space (no sofa). The bathroom lighting is inadequate, no mirror, and no anti-bacterial hand soap. Bed is luxurious, TV good. Continental breakfast great, and I loved the chocolate chip cookies in the evening! There is a shuttle bus that I took the airport that is also available for shopping that I didn't use.
Great hotel for my purpose.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Louisville, KY
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stayed in Renton during a weeklong business meeting.... added a few days before and after the meeting as well. These folks know the meaning of SERVICE. Great facilities, the most friendly staff I have ever encountered (and I travel a lot). Rooms are great - and they bend over backwards to cater to the customer's every need. They make the shuttle driver available to shuttle to and from places within about 5 miles of the hotel, which is great cause there is nothing close by to eat... so the shuttle will drop you off and pick you up a the few local eating establishments. I can't say enough about this great staff... my only complaint would be the "healthy start" breakfast they advertise --- well how healthy are bagels, english muffins and blueberry muffins.... well it could be a little better... Otherwise it was a very memorable stay -- YES I would go back and refer this place in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I reserved a room here an a weekend where it was the Puyallup Fair on Saturday and Seahawks game on Sunday. It was close enough to Seattle, without having to pay the Seattle price. The only difficulty was that it is right where 167 and 405 converge, so it was a little hard for us to find in the dark. We drove a while through more business/industrial areas so I thought we were lost... but luckily we found it. It was really a pleasant place to end up at the end of a long day. There was a full kitchen and would have been a great place to stay for just a night or the whole week.

The only negative I had was that it was a little out of the way from restaurants or entertainment, if that is what you are looking for. Other than that the price was definitely right, comfy bed, free cookies, nice complimentary breakfast and even had an iPod dock. A very nice place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My wife and I had a three night stay at the Larkspur Landing Hotel and from our check-in to our check-out all of the services and the room were great! We had a lovely room, which included a kitchenette, very comfortable beds. All of the staff was pleasant and very helpful with directions and recommendations. Continental breakfast was good and just enough to get started in the morning. Hot beverage items were available 24 hours and we enjoyed the freshly baked evening cookies. For my business purposes, the location was perfect with easy access to the highway, as well as fairly close to Sea-Tac Airport. I would recommend the Larkspur to any traveller for business or personal travelling.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 11, 2010

All the necessary information provided at check in, easy and fast. Had fresh chocolate chip cookie at the reception that gave a welcoming look and smelled very good.We stayed in a studio suite, nice size, very comfortable bad, decorated with a lot of taste and very modern. Had full kitchen. For less then 80/night that we paid I was impressed and the room was above my expectations. The room wasn't close to the elevator or a major highway like all the rooms you can get for a good price, so we were able to get a good night sleep. They have a shuttle to the airport and for 5 miles radius they will take you for free, but I didn't use it so I can't say it it is as advertised. Complimentary breakfast was good and served until 10 o'clock so we were able to sleep in a little.
The only bad thing that I could mention was the fact that there were a few strands of hair in the bathtub so that is why I didn't give it a full rating for the cleanliness , but overall the bed, bathroom and room was very clean. Will use it again with confidence.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I prepaid $79/night for a studio suite on Larkspur Landing's website. We stayed here over the weekend. As other posters indicate, you definitely need a car if you stay here; there's very little within walking distance. However, the area where the hotel is located is very quiet - especially on the weekend. Access to the freeway to Seattle is also nearby. The room at the hotel was comfortably furnished in Mission Style, and includes a kitchen with a refrigerator, two burner stove, microwave, and dishwasher. The continental breakfast is fine, though nothing exceptional. There really isn't a dining room downstairs, so it seems like most people get their breakfast and bring it back to their rooms. They offer complimentary lemonade and cookies in the afternoon, which is a nice touch. Also, the hotel provides free washers and dryers. They sell detergent, or you can use your own. This hotel isn't as "upscale" as a Residence Inn or Homewood Suites, but it is certainly as comfortable and less expensive. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
SpringHill Suites Seattle South/Renton
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 11 in Renton

Been to Larkspur Landing Renton? Share your experiences!