“Very nice find, just a little hard to find.”

Larkspur Landing Renton
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Renton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice find, just a little hard to find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

I reserved a room here an a weekend where it was the Puyallup Fair on Saturday and Seahawks game on Sunday. It was close enough to Seattle, without having to pay the Seattle price. The only difficulty was that it is right where 167 and 405 converge, so it was a little hard for us to find in the dark. We drove a while through more business/industrial areas so I thought we were lost... but luckily we found it. It was really a pleasant place to end up at the end of a long day. There was a full kitchen and would have been a great place to stay for just a night or the whole week.

The only negative I had was that it was a little out of the way from restaurants or entertainment, if that is what you are looking for. Other than that the price was definitely right, comfy bed, free cookies, nice complimentary breakfast and even had an iPod dock. A very nice place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Finnish first
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

My wife and I had a three night stay at the Larkspur Landing Hotel and from our check-in to our check-out all of the services and the room were great! We had a lovely room, which included a kitchenette, very comfortable beds. All of the staff was pleasant and very helpful with directions and recommendations. Continental breakfast was good and just enough to get started in the morning. Hot beverage items were available 24 hours and we enjoyed the freshly baked evening cookies. For my business purposes, the location was perfect with easy access to the highway, as well as fairly close to Sea-Tac Airport. I would recommend the Larkspur to any traveller for business or personal travelling.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

All the necessary information provided at check in, easy and fast. Had fresh chocolate chip cookie at the reception that gave a welcoming look and smelled very good.We stayed in a studio suite, nice size, very comfortable bad, decorated with a lot of taste and very modern. Had full kitchen. For less then 80/night that we paid I was impressed and the room was above my expectations. The room wasn't close to the elevator or a major highway like all the rooms you can get for a good price, so we were able to get a good night sleep. They have a shuttle to the airport and for 5 miles radius they will take you for free, but I didn't use it so I can't say it it is as advertised. Complimentary breakfast was good and served until 10 o'clock so we were able to sleep in a little.
The only bad thing that I could mention was the fact that there were a few strands of hair in the bathtub so that is why I didn't give it a full rating for the cleanliness , but overall the bed, bathroom and room was very clean. Will use it again with confidence.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bordentown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

I prepaid $79/night for a studio suite on Larkspur Landing's website. We stayed here over the weekend. As other posters indicate, you definitely need a car if you stay here; there's very little within walking distance. However, the area where the hotel is located is very quiet - especially on the weekend. Access to the freeway to Seattle is also nearby. The room at the hotel was comfortably furnished in Mission Style, and includes a kitchen with a refrigerator, two burner stove, microwave, and dishwasher. The continental breakfast is fine, though nothing exceptional. There really isn't a dining room downstairs, so it seems like most people get their breakfast and bring it back to their rooms. They offer complimentary lemonade and cookies in the afternoon, which is a nice touch. Also, the hotel provides free washers and dryers. They sell detergent, or you can use your own. This hotel isn't as "upscale" as a Residence Inn or Homewood Suites, but it is certainly as comfortable and less expensive. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

Loved the hotel - excellent . Would have liked a pool at this hotel .
Check out , we had an 1 hr extended check out time for our group . Upon arrival back from the hospital which was recommended to us , we got a rude call from the front desk women saying we were late with our check out time . This was not the case and no apology for her rudeness . Upon check out , I Talked to her about her error and still was uncaring about her mistake . This hotel is excellent hotel to choose for comfort & rooms , a car to get around is a must on the weekends . Very disappointed with the front desk staff upon check out , have not received this rudeness with any other hotel before .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Kake, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

I should've known when I had to sign a "no parties" agreement as I registered for my room. This was of course after I learned that they only have a shuttle monday-friday and that the hotel is in the heart of a very bad part of town. After checking in, I walked the 1/2 mile to town only to have men yell slander from their cars and realizing that this is not a place where you should go for an afternoon walk. The room was very dark, no light came in through the tiny window. Pick a hotel in downtown - you'll have a much better time!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

I travel extensively for business, and this time my lovely brode was with me, so we wanted some space. I checked yelp.com and this hotel came up. I had not heard of it before, but the price was good and the pictures were great. Well, they did NOT do the place justice. The room was spacious (perhaps the same as a Residence Inn), and the decor was warm and inviting. There were twin sinks in the bathroom and there were separate doors to the bath and bedrooms. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was good, although, like most hotels in the northwest, the shower head was slightly clogged. It's that hard water. The shuttle bus was generally available when my wife wanted to go somewhere (special kudos to Kou, the driver and front-desk specialist)Finally, there was an ample breakfast every morning and free washers and dryers for our extended trip. highly reccommended, and we will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 11 in Renton

Been to Larkspur Landing Renton? Share your experiences!