Larkspur Landing Renton
$93
$233
$147
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskliving roomcookiesyogurttwo burner stovecontinental breakfastsuite hoteldvd playercomplimentary shuttlean extended stayboiled eggsa great place to staylaundry roomseattle arearoom was clean and comfortablesmall kitchenking suite
Reviewed January 2, 2014

When I first discovered Larkspur Landing over two years ago, it was by chance and out of desperation because the hotel I frequented, when in town, was completely booked. I do not believe in coincidence, so I say this in all honesty, it was the best find while in my shear disappointment. Fast forward two and a half years later and with me thinking, "Enough time has passed in between stays to see if the customer received was a fluke?" Absolutely not! I received stellar customer service from the time I booked my reservation with Temara to the moment I stepped out of the complimentary shuttle with Jamie. I'm from the era of the TV show "Cheers" where everybody knows your name"...that is how the staff treated me from the day I entered to the day I left. Robin, whom I was not familiar with, did not disappoint me with his professionalism and courteous disposition. New introductions continued: Jamie, Ashley, and Megan were quite personable, always greeting me with smiles and warm hellos no matter the time (thank you ladies!). Megan serviced me several times over the phone before arriving and when we finally met, automatically she extended her hand, (no longer a common gesture) as we both acknowledged it was great to put a face to the name. Mohammed and one other person ( I wish I knew his name) met my room service needs without a flaw. Temara, who I had met 2 1/2 years ago, greeted me not as one who may typically come across when carrying the title manager/supervisor, but as an individual genuinely appreciative of my return. With a background in corporate finance, it is easy to discern the difference between, " I mean it vs. I don’t really mean it...it's my job". Bottom line: when in town, I will not stay anywhere else...customer service is necessary and they have it down to a science. Again, I recommend this place beyond and beyond...my only concern is that when I return, a room may not be available. Hats off to the entire management team, Thomas, Temara, and the staff. Thank you for yet another enjoyable stay! Happy New Year... (Btw: No one can ever convince me to do a write up such as this one, simply because it has to be earned. Honesty is the best policy...my policy.

Leslie S.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Larkspur Landing has nice comfy large rooms with kitchenettes, perfect for the extended stay. Do yourself a favor and spring for the larger unit with a separate bedroom. It's laid out like an apartment instead of a hotel room.

The property is clean and well maintained. They have complimentary internet, albeit rather slow; it's fine for email and web, but not fast enough to support streaming or large downloads. They do offer a premium upgrade for the internet (quite reasonably priced) but I just stuck with the free speed as it was enough for my needs.

You'll need a car to get anywhere as there's nothing of interest within walking distance. But SouthCenter Mall is just a few minutes away, and Seattle is a 20 minute drive.

The chocolate chip cookies at reception are a nice bonus!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Thomas H, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Renton, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Mr. Leif D,

Thank you for your positive comments in regards to the hotel. It is always nice to hear from our guests and to receive feedback. Your comments are vital to our continued success and improvement.

If you should ever return to the area and do not wish to rent a car, we offer complimentary shuttle service to anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Thanks again for the positive review.

Thomas Hughes

Reviewed November 30, 2013

i thought the woman at the front desk was petty needed a cord to connect my laptop to there printer, lucky there was one left in the lost and found used it to print two pages but needed it to print more she told it was ok to take it my room but return it i said i would.
40 minutes later i got a call in my room to remind me that i needed to return it and that she would be leaving in two hours and twenty minutes thought it was rude to be reminded about it as if i was a 10 year old as if i would steal a $7.00 cord probably wont stay here again

Room Tip: dont barrow any thing from the front desk
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rjwblind
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Best hotel I've stayed at in many, many years ! Makes you feel at home. Everything you need is available. The room is comfy and quiet. And the front desk people very helpful and charming. Will stay there every chance I get.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a business trip and ended up in the room with the full kitchen. I didn't need it or use it, but it looked nice. There was a full fridge, stove, cooking pots, utensils etc. in addition to all the rest of the normal room amenities. The room was good, clean, quiet, and comfortable. My only complaint was that the bathroom sink had a flow-restrictor on it that prevented the water from coming out at a decent flow rate that would all one to get their sink duties accomplished adequately. Other than that...not much else to complain about.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business