“A really good option”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A really good option”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I found this place at really short notice and was really pleasantly surprised. The welcome was friendly and efficient and we were quickly on our way to our room. The rooms have plenty of space with a full separate kitchen, lounge, bedroom and large bathroom. The suite was clean and tidy and gives you plenty of space that you could need. Breakfast was very poor in my opinion - drinks are very limited and I would usually expect water at breakfast but they have canned sodas, coffee and milk with a few fake tasting waffles and french toast so don't have high expectations. Breakfast does vary every day but it still limited and small with limited seating so best to take back to your room.
The hotel offers free wi-fi, parking and a transfer within 5 KM's. I would recommend heading towards Westfield mall there are a few restaurants past this mall and is a much better option than eating in Renton which has a undeveloped feel to it. Seattle centre is very close as is Sea-Tac airport.
I would definitely consider the chain again if existed near to my destination.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Finnish first
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We picked this hotel because we were looking for a place with a kitchen...we got so much more than that. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They remembered we mentioned we were there for our anniversary and on the actual day sent chocolates a card and a balloon up to our room! There was breakfast every day, warm cookies at night, a beautiful lobby area with a fireplace and big screen tv that was just so homey and warm. They had washers and dryers to use! Renton might not have been my first area to stay in - bit far away from the touristy things we were looking forward to doing, but this hotel and chain is one I would actively search out for again.

Room Tip: Only suggestion I would say is to stay in a room which doesn't face the front of the hotel...you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Yelm
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my first stay at the Larkspur and from the time I walked into the door they went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and felt welcome and respected. Everything we needed was promptly supplied with a we can do attitude. I travel a lot and stay in a lot of different hotels, this hotel was clean, nice and comfortable but the quality service is what makes it a five star. Thank you Larkspur for the outstanding stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The location a bit off but easy access to freeway. Close to the airport! close to freeways access. Close to the mall, lots of good restaurants nearby. The breakfast was great. There is always coffee, tea, apple and cookies for snack. Big room with all the amenities, nice people. I really like it and would come back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had only a few moments to set up a room for a last minute business trip to Renton.
Larkspur came highly recommended as cozy, spacious and clean...all true during my entire visit.
Staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. Great last minute decision

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wilmington, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed twice at this property over an 8 day trip to the NW. First stay was 4 days. Hotel is a little out of the way and off the beaten path, but easy to access from major freeway. Short drive from the SEATAC airport. Very close to malls, restaurants and shopping.
Hotel has free parking, well lite and ample. They also provide a healthy choice breakfast in the mornings.Great choices and good variety. Only downside - not a lot of sitting area. This is basically a business property during the week/ The lack of seating can be overcome by simply taking a tray and going to your room.

The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. We had a Queen mini suite with full functional kitchen. Everything available including a Fridge with an ice maker. Housekeeping staff was nice, as were the front desk people.

Two other extras that were nice, Free laundry room/washer dryers. You do have to provide your own detergents. They also have a library of both books and DVD's you can use free of charge. All rooms have a Blueray DVD player.

The last nice extra - Coffee, Tea and hot water available 24 hours and fresh baked cookies available in the evening.

Overall, very pleased and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. Our only complaint - when the person above you is walking around, it makes a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonoma County, Callifornia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Hubby and I stayed here for two nights during a 2-week road trip exploring the Pacific Northwest. I originally chose this hotel and booked a one night stay because of both the value and the fact that it was close to the Museum of Air & Flight, which we planned to visit while in Seattle. Our road trip plans changed, though, and we decided to stay here two nights. The online booking service I used made a second night reservation for us, assuring us that it was the same room both nights. Since I’m disabled and require an accessible room, I decided to call the hotel directly just before we started our trip: good thing I did, because the booking service had put us into two different rooms! The staff at the hotel was friendly and efficient when straightening out our reservation snafu. Upon arrival, my husband went into the hotel to check in; but since the reservation was in my name they needed to see my ID, and in consideration of my disability the check-in clerk came out to the car to see it. That’s service. The room was well appointed, very clean, and quite spacious. It was nice to have a full kitchen, even tho’ we only used it for snacks. The bathroom was large and included a low-rim tub and shower stall, not a roll-in shower, and unfortunately the shower chair they gave us didn’t fit the tub. The continental breakfast was pretty standard, but there was some variety and the coffee was good. All in all, our stay at Larkspur Landing Renton was quite pleasant, and a great value. I would definitely stay there again, or at any of the other Larkspur Landing hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Renton
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#10 of 12 in Renton
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter

Been to Larkspur Landing Renton? Share your experiences!