“Not as good as it used to be.”

Larkspur Landing Renton
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Renton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denton, Texas
“Not as good as it used to be.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I used to stay at the Larkspur in Renton several times a year while on business in the area. I haven't stayed for several years and in August I brought my family for 2 weeks and we stayed at the Larkspur. It isn't as good as I remember.

The rooms are clean and nice and a cut above the rest. The feather beds are nice but they were very scratchy with feathers coming through the sheets. We finally took the sheet off and put a blanket underneath the sheet and that made it better. Our sons slept on the sofa bed and it was really not too bad with the feather bed.

The kitchen and bathrooms were very nice and the soap they have is nice.

The breakfast is a cold grab and go breakfast but there were lots of different choices every day.

The staff was helpful and friendly.

Our biggest problem was getting housekeeping to make up our room. They only clean/make-up the room every other day and we could live with that but the whole time we were there they only cleaned up the room twice. They never replaced the soap in the whole two weeks we were there and they would only give us 3 towels so we had to go to the front desk and get more becuase there was 4 of us. We ran out of TP and had to go to the front desk again. I don't understand the housekeeping problem. My wife even asked the maid (who spoke Spanish and that is ok because my wife speaks spanish) to come in and do up the room. She offered my wife some towels and that was it.

If we the housekeeping had taken care of making up the room every other day and replacing towels and bathroom supplies I would have given this hotel 4 or 5 stars because everything else was really nice.

Room Tip: Some 4th floor rooms have balconys
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
Paris, France
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Maybe the unfriendly check in and check out I have ever had... But the hotel is good. Well sized rooms fully equipped. Nice location, Close to SeaTac. Efficient and not that pricey. We will probably be back, and pray for the staff to be in a better mood that time.

• Stayed September 2013
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed our experience. The Hotel is a great value, the staff friendly and the room comfortable and clean. The accommodations and amenities were great. We would definitely stay here again. We came to visit our daughter who lives in Renton.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I really liked this hotel. To start with a shuttle picked me up at the aiport and took me to the hotel. The hotel staff was welcoming and friendly. Some warm cookies and apples were always available at the reception. The room was very large, in fact it was more like an appartment. What I appreciated most was the breakfast (a broad choice of healthy food and less healthy) and the breakfast room. It was cozy and gave the impression that the guests were all part of a big family.I didn't stay long enough to take full advantage of all the services offered by the hotel (but see reviews by other people). I was surprised not to see a tripadvisor sticker on their door (maybe I missed it). I can only recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Nice clean rooms. My favorite part was that the bedroom was completely private and had it's own door separating it from the rest of the suite - which comes in handy if a wayward traveler should need to crash on the pull-out sofa bed....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We loved the hotel. Started off well with a sincere friendly welcome & warm cookie. Able to do laundry for free- great when in 3 month trip- and borrow DVDs. Kitchen was good too as able to cook proper meal rather than just having a microwave. Wifi was good too. Room comfortable. Only issue is how crowded breakfast room was. We managed to get to the area and then just ate in our room. Also going down later and was not replenished very well. But good European style breakfast- with cold meat & cheese plus cinnamon buns, fruit, yoghurt, cereal & toast. Much better than the usual US motel style.liked the brand so would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The price was awesome and the rooms are set up like small studio apartments. There is a fridge, stove, sink, and dishwasher. They provide dishes and silverware. The hotel even provides grocery shopping for you. The beds are very comfy if you like soft fluffy beds. The bathroom is a bit small, but who spends all their time in the bathroom?
The free continental breakfast consists of yogurt, cereal, muffins, boiled eggs, string cheese, and lunch meat if you want to make a breakfast sandwich.

• Stayed August 2013