“Friendly place to stay”

Larkspur Landing Renton
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Renton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here while on business for a full week. I really appreciated that they allowed pets & the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was ceral, milk, juice & pastries which was plenty to get the day going. The pillows were soft & comfy, however the bedspread was a down blanket in sheets so i could see every little stain. think next time i'd bring my own blanket but i would definately stay here again.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We booked this suite on hotwire with the understanding that the room had 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. We arrived very late that night and when the desk clerk saw us, she told us she would not allow us to stay in the room because they were 5 of us. We have traveled extensively and almost always get a suite with this configuration with no problem. So you can imagine how shocked we were to hear this. Since we got the room on hotwire we could not get a refund and she informed us that she had no other rooms. So my daughter and I had to go to another hotel and left the rest of the family at this hotel. We ended up paying $150 for another room nearby!
The breakfast area was not really suited for more than 10 people and was very sparse. We're used to Homewood sites or residence inns where they have a real breakfast as well as allow families to stay in rooms that they pay for. Why bother to have suites?

4  Thank Sooper5
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I used this hotel totally as a one night, late arrival, early flight out kind of hotel because of the great rate I got; ;little did I know that it was so much more than an airport hotel!! I got there just in time to get the last warm cookie that was being put out, I borrowed some DVDs and was offered a bag of microwave popcorn to go with them! Unfortunately, I could not figure out the DVD player. I'll tell you right now that it was my fault - 2 or more remotes and I'm clueless. I called the front desk to see if it was an easy fix, and the woman said she'd be right up to figure it out, but it was late and I was tired and already in my pajamas, so I declined her offer and went to sleep in their FABULOUS bed. I stayed in bed as long as I could the next morning. Breakfast the next morning was my choice of cereals and yogurts and juices and rolls. Took advantage of the shuttle service to and from the airport. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd larkspur hotel stay and I love this place!! This small chain has custom feather beds, comforters, and pillows. Every room is a suite of some sort. It is room also includes a full kitchen size small. The breakfast is included in the price which is pretty low if you ask me and does include options of cheese and meat for gluten free people. Breakfast I thought was great they did run out of some stuff but quickly restocked. Only complaint was the hotel was almost full when I was there and in the morning they only had one person manning both the dining & the front desk so my calls to the front desk went unanswered multiple times. My new favorite hotel chain! Wish they expanded more eastward.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family found this to be a wonderfully appointed property with great staff. The suite was perfect. The free DVD selection was great as was the complimentary breakfast and shuttle service.

Note: there should be instructions on the bedroom wall that shows the dial on the wall from low to high is the "valve" that shunts the A/C into the bedroom. Thankfully, we were able to work this out on our own as we were staying during the recent 90+ degree heat wave!

I can't say enough good things about the bed's feather top! Amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My sons and families were arriving for their sister's wedding and I recommended this hotel due to being suites. One arrived with 2 pre-teen sons, and given a "bed sit" with one queen bed, then given feather beds for kids to sleep on the floor! Second family arrived, totalling six, and had one bedroom suite. There were only two pillows, and reception argued that there should be more and then said "then we are all out of pillows!" No effort to seek more. All were visiting with local family in lounge, which is off the reception area and well away from guest rooms, but at 10PM told to leave. I am sorry to have encouraged my boys to stay here and would not recommend it to anyone in the future! One suite did not have dish soap, I went in search of some and due to language proiblem it was difficult to obtain a bottle from housekeeping, butlooked the cart over myself and did find some for them.

Room Tip: With two miserable experiences at the same time, try another location!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank drmother
Thomas_H_FOM, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Renton, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding the service issues you experienced during your stay. I am sorry you and your family did not enjoy your time with us. I assure you this is not our standard of service and measures will be taken to ensure these problems do not reoccur. We are committed to providing every guest a great experience and genuine hospitality.

In addition, I am saddened to hear we did not have the room types needed to accommodate everyone. Traveling can be tiring and a nice bed is always welcome at the end of the day. I do apologize.

I appreciate your honesty. It is difficult to know how we are doing unless our guests tell us. I appreciate you letting us know what we need to work on. If you wish to discuss this issue further please feel free to call me directly at the hotel.

Thomas Hughes
Front Office Manager
Larkspur Landing Renton

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The hotel staff was pleasant and the cost makes it very affordable to stay in a suite. However, if you have both a living room and bed room, the air conditioning unit is only in the living room which made the bedroom hot and stuffy, even with the door open. When I called the front desk, they suggested I open a window, which wasn't possible as the bedroom had doors out to a balcony and there wasn't a screen. Additionally, we wanted to relax in our room in the late afternoon after sightseeing all day, and the room still wasn't made up at 5 p.m. The front desk staff weren't very concerned about it. There are definitely some nice features to this hotel, such as suite amenities and laundry facilities on site, but I think that some of the basics like temperature control of the room as well as daily housekeeping are lacking or inconsistent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family