“Consistently Good”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Titusville, Florida
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I've stayed at the Larkspur Landing in Renton on three occasions and all have been satisfying. The location is convenient to Renton, Tukwila and south Seattle. The facility is well maintained and the decor is a pleasant change from the typical Hilton or Marriott. Furnished in a Craftsman decor the hotel has a very homey, organic feel. A very relaxing feel permeates the property.
The suites are roomy and well appointed.
A common area off of the lobby offers seating with a breakfast area. The breakfast experience is probably one of the drawbacks of the Larkspur. The area is a bit cramped and once one or two individuals are preparing their breakfast the area is overwhelmed. Breakfast consists of cold items, i.e. cereals, bread items, pastries, etc. which itself isn't a real problem as I'm tired of the scrambled eggs and sausage of the competition. The cramped area is the challenge. I continually felt like I was dancing with other guests as we try to plate items, get into the cooler for a juice, or perhaps move to the microwave.
That shortcoming noted it didn't keep from coming back. The staff is friendly, the grounds are well groomed, and common areas are well kept. There is a laundry that is free to use and the exercise facility is nicely equipped.
Overall, I have enjoyed the Larkspur Landing. I don't know if I'll be back to the south Seattle area for business but if I'm back, I'll very likely be staying at the Larkspur Landing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The Larkspur Landing in Renton is very nice, in fact much nicer than I had expected when booking a room for the night prior to a flight departing from SeaTac. I originally chose the Larkspur not because of prior experience, but because of the competitive price for a single overnight stay. Unlike many travelers, staying at an extended stay property was not our original goal.

For a little under $100/night including taxes, we got a comfortable room equipped with a queen bed, a large table suitable for dining or spreading out work and a small kitchenette that was fully equipped with a full size fridge, a 2 burner cook top, microwave and dishwasher along with a few other select appliances. There was a goodie basket on the kitchen counter that had coffee service, little chocolates, popcorn, and a few other snack like items.

My immediate thought after entering the room was that this is a place I could easily stay on a long business trip if the need ever occurred. I’ve stayed at a number of other extended stay places over the years, and I really dislike the places that have a kitchenette, but no dishwasher. In those places I will never use the utensils and dishware that is provided in the room because they are only hand washed. A dishwasher makes a huge difference in how comfortable I feel in these places and using those kitchen items.

Also, it appears that they provide daily housekeeping service, or at least they refresh your towels and toiletries on a daily basis. Again, another huge difference as compared to competing extended stay locations which do not provide daily housekeeping.

The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet at night. We didn’t experience any road, highway or other occupant noise throughout the night, which is more than I can say for most places I end up staying.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to detail the services the hotel offered. Included in their services is free laundry rooms, bring your own soap, and a fairly nice continental breakfast in the morning. The free laundry rooms are a nice touch, and if we were staying longer I’m sure to have used it. The continental breakfast was acceptable, but nothing all that exciting. The continental breakfast was pretty typical for a location that doesn’t have a full kitchen or a large staff to clean up after the guests, pre-made baked goods, toast, yogurt, cold cereal, a few hot cereal selections that were add hot water, single serve. My wife and I opted to get breakfast at the airport instead, as we wanted something heartier than what the Larkspur was offering.

The free Wi-Fi was very good. We had a very strong signal in our room and it was very fast.

All in all, a very good stay. We plan on staying again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mtgops
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and I just relocated to the PNW, and needed to spend time at a hotel, while we completed our apartment hunt. The people at the Larkspur, particularly Savannah at the Front desk, were amazingly warm, helpful, and made our crazy relocation much easier. Our suite was large, spotlessly clean, and quite comfortable. The laundry room provided free service and had a large batch of washers. The front desk provided warm cookies, fresh newspapers, and a friendly reception.

Room Tip: All the pet rooms are on the ground floor, which is very convenient.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WestSeattleJake
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed at this property recently during a trip to the Renton area. We were pleasantly surprised as to the nice touches provided for free.

They had warm, fresh-baked cookies out every night to welcome you. Plus, they had complimentary food and drinks on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. They also stocked our room with coffee, chocolates, granola bars and trail mix as well as popcorn offered to us at the front desk.

The staff was excellent, especially the cheery ladies at the front desk. Breakfast was included. It served your average continental foods (instant oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit, assorted pastries, string cheese, coffee, hard boiled eggs and yogurt).

The room looked newly remodeled and was very spacious. The bathroom wasn't quite as fresh looking since they left the original wallpaper and the tub was badly chipped. We overlooked these things since our overall experience was so pleasant.

The property is about 10 minutes from SEA-TAC airport. The hotel provides a shuttle, if needed. Request a room on the back-side of the property, away from the busy street.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CYork
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here multiple times over the years. Our recent stay this past weekend reconfirmed this as one of our favorites when staying near Southcenter Mall/Seatac area just south of Seattle. It is a little off the beaten path, near IKEA and very quiet. Our room was a queen bed with kitchen unit. The refrigerator, microwave always nice in storing dinner leftovers for the next day. A nice little breakfast area, nothing fancy, but good variety. The decor is nice, warm and friendly, makes me feel like at home and less like a hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver,Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My family and about 14 others were here to celebrate a 40th Birthday. We found the rooms, staff, breakfast great. No issues.

My family slept well and didn't find any major noise concerns worth mentioning. Busy hotel with many people coming and going but once you were above the main floor it was quiet.

Really enjoyed the exercise room, computer area and loved the breakfast.

Would stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Phenomenal service, superb friendly staff. After a 6 week stay I must say it's been by far one of the most enjoyable I've experienced. The suites, shuttle, laundry room, etc., all contributed to the comforts of a home away from home. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business