“You should try the Mac and Cheese”

Red House Beer & Wine Shoppe
Reserve with OpenTable
Red House Beer & Wine Shoppe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 305 Restaurants in Renton
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th St. South
Description: We at The Red House are anxious to share with you our special experience!Whether you"ve come to dine, shop, share a drink, relax, party, learn, or explore, it is our pleasure to serve you and have you as our guest.Ensuring quality and value in all our products and services is the mission of The Red House. We offer over 700 different labels of wine from around the world, as well as over 500 labels of beer. We offer 20 outstanding wines by the glass, and seven fine beers on tap.The Red House is the only place in town serving a tapas-style menu, as well as a full and wonderfully varied entrée menu. All our recipes are our own, and we cook everything from scratch as your palate deserves nothing less.Please feel free to browse our shelves while your meal is being prepared, and don't forget to take a bottle or two home!Experience The Red House and all we have to offer!– Gene & Huong Sens and Staff
Kent, Washington
“You should try the Mac and Cheese”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Best part of the meal was the mac and cheese with jalapeños and bacon. Loved the tiramisu and orange lavender creme brûlée. The on tap apple cider was wonderful. Vegetables served with dinner were perfectly cooked. Ling cod was reasonably good, salmon was (in my opinion) over cooked. Crab cakes were okay. Service was very good, waiter was pleasant and informative. We will definitely go back, looking forward to trying other things on the menu.

Visited February 2014

Renton, Washington
“Funky restaurant, great wait staff, excellent drinks”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This funky restaurant is a surprise in Renton (a place I don't usually associate with fine cuisine). But that is what the Red House serves, along with plentiful beer and wine choices. Think steaks, lamb, wild salmon crusted with hazelnuts--seriously foodie food. Three people at our table had various forms of steak, frites or mashed potatoes and turnips, fresh spicy greens. One person had the coq au vin. One person had the salmon. Everyone was delighted with his or her meal. The hostess put our party of five in an upstairs room with a round table--the only table in the room--so we had a very private meal and could be as lively as we wanted. :) You help yourself to bottles of wine from downstairs (price stickers on each bottle) and then the waitress opens the bottle and pours for you. The flourless chocolate cake for dessert was divine to split between five of us as none of us really wanted a lot of sweets. Can't wait to go back here.

• Visited January 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Eat there regularly”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This restaurant is in my neighborhood and I eat out a lot. When they opened, it was a great concept...bad food! I didn't go back for several years and then heard that they'd revamped. Boy, what a pleasant surprise! The food is VERY good. Wine selection (and beer) is excellent. Atmosphere is homey. Staff is very friendly. We now go about once a month and it's consistently good!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Suzanne W
seattle wa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite in Renton”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is my absolute favorite Renton restaurant. The menu has very nice offerings. The food is created and cooked on site. There is an excellent wine and beer selection. The restaurant hosts pairings and tastings from local wine and beer makers. The building has history, the atmosphere is always fun.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank happysack
University Place, Washington
“Very nice change fro the ordinary.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As a future chef attending culinary school, I like to try different resturants to see how they combine flavors. A friend of mine told me about Red House and suggested I try them. I was very impressed with my server and his knowledge of the menu and specials. His attention to detail with, not only to the menu, but the wine list and making sure my experience was satisfying in every way....was refreshing. There were a couple of things that I would have changed but it didn't diminish my experience in any way. I found the combinations of flavors and ideas to be surprising at times but very nice, regardless. I would definatly return and probably cover the table with just the tapas (appetizers) because it was hard to choose between them.

• Visited October 2013