Clarion Hotel
$169
$189
$109
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$130
Larkspur Landing Renton(Renton)(Great Value!)
$135
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Renton Inn(Renton)
$120
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanseatac airportrestaurants within walking distanceevery staff memberking roomguest laundrypark and flyrenton areacoffee makershuttleseattleikeamicrowavefreewaycruise
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Location is convenient for much of the Seattle/Tacoma area. Competitive rates. Check in was quick. Recently remodeled, CLEAN! Rooms are modern, LCD TV, Free Wifi, comfortable beds.

We enjoyed the hot breakfast, too. Waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, yogurt, cereals and more. Did I mention the waffles? Yum!

Neighborhood is a bit noisy. Our room was second floor which probably kept it from bothering us.

Room Tip: Location, price and breakfast. You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tony T
clarionrentongm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you for writing a review for us. We have been working on renovations since November and finally completed early this month. I am pleased to hear that you had a positive stay with us. Value of what you pay is very important and I am happy we are able to offer our guest a full breakfast buffet every morning. Please visit us again next time you are in the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is, simply, old. You, the reader, know what I'm talking about because you've stayed in places like this before. It looks great from the outside. New stucco, new paint. The Tripadvisor photo of the front Portico looks nice. Even the lobby is all fresh and well-lit as you walk in, clean, furbished, modern. Oooh, free newspapers! You enter the place thinking that it'll be a decent stay. You take your key and leave the front desk area, descending into the depths of the place. And in the old dank hallways of the place, you begin to smell the "old" smell. It's almost a feel, really. Not quite moldy, not quite rotten, and nicely muted by the smell of commercial cleaning agents The carpeting looks older and more worn as you approach your room. And when you open the door to your room, you know for sure: the place is a dump! It was probably a Microtel before, maybe then it passed into Ramada's hands. But now it's a last chance hotel. That's why it's a Clarion. Sure, your room has a flat screen, maybe a newer mattress and fluffy pillows. But the walls are gross and dirty where they meet the floor. The place smells like excessive, perfumed disinfectant, i.e. not a clean smell, but a dirty smell masked with solvents. The tub is stained. Clean, but discolored from age and wear. The air conditioning works well, which is good, and the ground level window opens as far as you want so that you can air out the medical disinfectant smell. You can't sit on the toilet without your knees touching the wall. The lighting is dim even at full blast. The whole room feels like a dead tooth. Even worse, this hotel smells bad outside, too! The parking lot smells like garbage. The Casino to the north of the parking lot is boarded up. The place to the south only looks boarded up, but is actually open. There's a Harley Davidson dealership to the West, so if you like noisy douchebags in silly costumes brapping up and down the road all day, this is the place for you. To the East, you have the highway constantly droning, and a sea of asphalt parking lots surrounds everything else. This location sucks, the hotel is just worn the heck out, and I can't think of a single reason to stay here again. There are just enough "excellent" ratings for this property on TripAdvisor compared to "terrible" ratings that you think it's worth a try. But check my record and take my advice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Edgetheow
clarionrentongm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

I apologize for your experience with your stay at the Clarion Hotel. The Hotel completed renovations this month. We did a full lobby renovation. The hotel has new carpeting though out the whole hotel including guest rooms. All guest rooms have been freshly painted with new curtains and new bedding. We have new fitness equipment and are in the process of completed our new business center. I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations. Here at the Clarion we are constantly improving and doing new things to better the guest experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our family of 8 opted at the last minute to leave the night before our flight out of SeaTac due to potential snowfall on the mountain passes that might cause trouble traveling in the morning. We had no hotel reservation arranged. We searched online for a parksleepfly hotel in the area during the 3 hr drive to the area, and found all the places we were familiar with already booked. We took a chance on this hotel-- just pulled in at around 12:30AM and the desk clerk gave us the last 2 rooms which only had king beds with pull out couches. More of a suite type room with kitchenette.We had four young children along, so it worked fine.He did not charge us extra for that. Somewhat older hotel, which they have been remodeling and updating with fresh paint, and at least as comfortable as any I have used previously for parksleepfly. He was very accommodating and even offered us light snacks if any of our group was hungry!! Very Nice! Complimentary breakfast was great. Courtesy shuttle was just big enough for our group, and worked great to and from airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Daniel S

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our Hotel. Last minute travel arrangements can be stressful and the weather on the mountain pass can get pretty bad. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that our staff was able to accommodate your needs. We have a great free breakfast selection and breakfast staff too. I invite you back next time you are in need of lodging in the Renton area. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I didn't experience anything negative during my recent 2 night stay. The front desk clerk was cordial if not super receptive. The room I got was nicely remodeled. The space is a little tight and some of the handy work is a bit off to the trained eye but overall very comfortable. The main concern might be noise. I didn't experience much highway noise even though I was in the rear of the hotel but there was a noticable amount of noise in the corridor; any conversation and every door closing. The breakfast is one notch above the norm, overall cleanliness is very good, Wifi worked very well and there are a nice selection of TV channels. I encountered at least 3 housekeepers in the hallways and every one of them made the effort to greet me and were very pleasant. Parking is sufficient and the area seems very safe. There is a huge mall and virtually endless dining options very near by without getting on the main highways. I would recommend this location to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank The8racer
clarionrentongm, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you taking the time to write a review. We hope to see again soon. Best regards.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Mike went out of his way at 4am to make sure my family of very weary travelers were well taken care of. Thank you. The room was very clean, bed was super comfortable, but the best part was the friendly service

• Stayed: February 2014
clarionrentongm, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I will let my front desk agent know you had a great experience. Thank you again, best regards. Ole