“Nice stay off the beaten path.”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Razorbackland
“Nice stay off the beaten path.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed outside of Seattle to be able to afford it. This is a nice spot. Fitness center did not have a working treadmill. They did offer two computers in the front of the hotel, as well as wireless. The room was nice, refrigerator and microwave. Continental breakfast was very nice, as well as maintained.

1 Thank Fayettenam
clarionrentongm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
The Clarion Hotel is in a great location and no too far outside of Seattle. The Seattle Light Rail is a great way to travel into downtown Seattle. It’s convenient, inexpensive, and you don’t have Seattle traffic or parking to deal with. We provide a free shuttle to all of our Hotel guests and we shuttle to and from the light rail station. I apologize that the treadmill wasn’t available in the fitness center during your stay; we have had the issue fixed. I’m happy you enjoyed breakfast; we have a great variety of options in our buffet.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Naches, Washington
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I really enjoyed the park and fly service provided. Great breakfast with hot dishes and a good variety. They have very nice rooms with flat screen tv's in each of our rooms. It was away from SeaTac a little but not far enough to matter. The location gets you away from the business of the airport. The shuttle service took great care of us even though we arrived last and left in a rain strom

Room Tip: Get the suite!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I’m happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice that our Hotel is away from the business of the airport. Park and Fly packages are available all year and our shuttle makes travel to and from the airport very convenient. We welcome you back any time to enjoy our breakfast buffet. Have a great day!
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our group had 4 adults and fifteen 16 year old boys. The variables I had to contend with were to stay within budget, get a good night's rest, and needed to cook to keep the cost of the trip down.
The staff at Clarion Renton was wonderful! We used the barbecue grill in back to make hamburgers and steaks and were allowed to use the breakfast cafeteria to serve the food. The Renton Clarion is very close to several grocery stores and particularly the WinCo that has cut rate prices with the use of debit card. The refrigerators in each room are large enough (and kept cold enough) to store leftovers and use them up. Just bring zip loc bags. There is also a conference room that can be used for group meetings.There is one of those cut rate movie theaters across the street to walk to. Gasoline and starbucks are on the nearest corner. Lastly the Renton Clarion hotel is so close to the airport that the GPS takes you on a back route way between hotel and airport that avoids the ever present traffic on the highways. No kidding you will at first thing your GPS has gone bonkers. And, the Renton Clarion offers extremely easy access to I think the 167 that leads directly to I-5.

I was not at all favorably impressed with the traffic in Seattle which seems to create itself without rhyme or reason. I was extremely impressed with the Renton Clarion and its very accommodating staff and facility.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
clarionrentongm, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We are in a great central location. We have ease of access to all freeways. We are close to the airport and the light rail station, but far enough away where our guests don’t feel the business of the airport. We have a great sales coordinator on staff. We offer affordable group rates. She does a great job coordinating our groups and works hard to make sure they are comfortable and accommodating to making their stay a good one. Our full hot breakfast buffet is great it is free and there is a lot of selection to feed a large group. We invite you and group back next time you travel to the Seattle area. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel.
Greenbrier
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had stayed here before and had a great experience. From the clean rooms and accommodating staff, nothing was missing. Airport shuttle was available for the asking. My place to stay when visiting Seattle.

Room Tip: Not any eateries close by, but if you have transportation it's good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
clarionrentongm, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
I hope you are having a great summer! I am happy you have an enjoyable experience at our Hotel. We are looking forward to serving you again next time you visit Seattle. Thank you for sharing your positive experience.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Its more like a motel than a hotel.

The front desk staff was inattentive. My wife and I had a bad nights sleep because a group above us was awake from 2 in the morning and going to and from the bathroom for a literal hour. In the morning i was just enquiring who was above us and letting her know the night was unpleasant. The agent just said its a group sorry for the noise and she never once looked at me to make me feel as if she actually cared about my concern.

The manager appeared to be very responsive to me at check-in but she needs to retrain the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I sincerely apologize that we failed at making your stay enjoyable and comfortable. I understand the frustration of not getting a good night’s sleep. I appreciate your honest feedback; it gives me the opportunity to better train our front desk when it comes to addressing concerns from our guests. I want to invite you back next time you are in the area in need of Hotel accommodations. I would love the opportunity to make your next stay a great one. Have a great summer.
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I checked in without reservations late at night after my prepaid reservation at a higher-grade hotel wasn't met with the non-smoking room I had reserved. The Clarion is an economy motel, but it's all non-smoking and was convenient to my meeting the next day. The room is plain but has everything you need, including free wi-fi and a flat screen TV that had surprisingly more channels than I would have thought. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, and despite being one room away from both the drinks machine and the elevator, it was quiet enough to allow a good night's sleep. The only drawback to the room is that the sink/toiletry counter is out in the open, so the room has a strictly utilitarian feel to it. Also, the lighting over the sink was great, but overpowers the other lamps in the room. The room rate includes breakfast, which was a spare but very adequate hot buffet. Altogether, although I usually stay in 'nicer' places, this was a surprisingly good night's rest for a low price. My business budget permits a higher grade hotel, but if I were travelling on a tight budget, I'd stay here again in an instant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased we were able to exceed your expectations. The Clarion Hotel is a great hotel a business traveler. Our Hotel is very affordable and our rooms are clean, comfortable, with free wifi. We offer a full hot breakfast which offers more than a typical continental breakfast. We also have a free shuttle available to and from the airport and anywhere within five miles of the Hotel. Thank you for the positive feedback and hope you visit us again.
Washington
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have mixed reviews about the Clarion Renton. First, the bad news: There was a strong (but sweet) smell in the hallways, perhaps a cleaning agent. We couldn't seem to get the temperature of our room regulated. We ran the air conditioner during our entire stay, but the room was never completely cool. It made it slightly uncomfortable for sleeping. (Could have been just our room. We did not contact the front desk about it either.) It was apparent that the hotel had gone through some recent renovations. However, it appeared that the money was spent on making the public areas of the hotel look nice - lobby and breakfast room. Our room obviously had new carpet, paint, bedding and countertops. But it seemed as if the renovation just glossed over what was there. Now, the good news: The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Our room was quiet and the bed comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of pillows provided. The location was central for our puposes and it was easy on and off the freeway. The complimentary breakfast was better than the usual and included cereal, oatmeal, toast, muffins, yogurt, waffles (strawberries and whipped cream, too), scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage. Breakfast room staff were very attentive and kept the food filled and room clean. Overall this is a mid-priced hotel and we had a "mid-priced" stay.

1 Thank JJA_11207
I apologize that we didn’t make your full stay as comfortable as it should have been. We have air deodorizers in our public areas, but it sounds like the smell was overpowering that day and this is something we can better control. I’m sorry there were problems with the air conditioner and I apologize that the temperature in the room was not comfortable because of it. This Hotel went through renovations a few years ago, the current owner has been making a lot of changes and we have plans in the upcoming year to change all of the carpeting. I am happy that you experienced our great guest service. We strive on service. We have a great staff here at the Clarion. Our breakfast attendant is great and she does make it a priority that her breakfast guests have a good experience. Thank you and I appreciate your feedback.