“A shot in the dark!”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Renton
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We wanted to go to Seattle and see what the city had to offer. We scanned the internet for a hotel just outside the city and found the Clarion. The tarriff suited us so we booked. The rooms were cosy and had a 'nice' feel about them. As the price was reasonable we did have doubts as to what it would be like. However we were very pleasantly surprised at what we found on our arrival there. The staff were friendly and helpful and our booking was organised efficiently. The hotel was excellent, the breakfasts very good and for me the coffee on tap was a great find. When we spoke to someone at reception with regard to going into Seattle they told us about the light rail train and offered to shuttle us to and from when necessary. They also gave us some advice with regard to the attractions in the city which was great. Unfortunately we didn't have time to see the swimming pool! Perhaps next time! We will definitely stay there again when we next decide to visit the area. Thanks once again to the Manager and staff of the Clarion.
Bayleys. Vancouver.

Room Tip: Suggest an upstairs room to minimise sound/noise of guests above you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I am have pretty indifferent personality so I never really bother to write good or bad review about anything. However this is different. My recent stay at the Clarion was so good I had to ask the staff what the best thing I could do for them and they directed me to this site. First and the most important to me was the service. The hotel has small enough lobby when you are walking through to lobby can't help but to make eye contact with the front desk agent, and everytime I walk passed it I was greeted. I mean how are you, how was everything, any plans for the night, could I assist with anything? Lastly, free everything!! Wifi, breakfast, coffee, shuttle service, and more. If you are planning to go visit Seattle use the shuttle service to the lite rail so you are not stuck in traffic and worry about parking fees. Hotel shuttle service is prompt all you have to do is call them in advance.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Before traveling to South Seattle area I went to tripadvisor.com to find my choices. I usually do a great job of finding a nice hotel for its price. I first picked the Clarion because of the ranking, price, and the special they are running. It was great price as it was and on top of it it was 15% off. I noticed about how some reviews mentioned about rooms being small so when I was online booking the room on choicehotels.com there was a choice for bigger king room for only $5 more. It was a great choice the room as very nice and big.
Hotel was off the freeway and very easy access in and out. The staff was great asking if I need help and helping me with everything I ask for. Fresh baked cookies eveyday which makes a very pleasent smell throughout the lobby. Lastly the breakfast, it was one of the best we usually stay at Hilton or Marriott where you have to pay for the breakfast but the Clarion's full hot breakfast was even better especially when it was free. Over all This was our first stay at the Clarion Hotel ever but loved it so much we are willing to try another Clarion even if we are travelig other than the Renton area.
Thank you staff at the Clarion to make my trip better.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Staff was great, best service I have had in a long time. Rooms were big and cozy. Facility was clean and overall a friendly place. Definitely would go back. Food was good and the attentiveness of the staff is what was great and shared with me some local things to do and where to go for good food, better than my family members who live there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband had total hip replacement surgery at Valley Medical and I stayed at the Clarion during his hospital stay. I didn't use the shuttle service, mainly because my hours were erratic, but the staff was great, especially the first night/morning, offering me fresh cookies and a sneaky muffin and juice since I got in late and left early. The room always looked fresh and inviting. I highty recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Nice and rather quite hotel. Clean and comfortable, but oldfashioned. Free shuttle to and from Seatac Airport. It was only 1 problem with overcharging my credit card but it has been solved very quickly. There is no swimming pool or restaurant there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

After staying the night before in what we could say was a "big mistake" staying in your hotel was a big, big relief and we also didn't feel like we were going to have some of the cities undiserables knocking at our door in the middle of the night.
The rooms at your motel were very clean and well furnished. Having the Keg restaruant within walking distance was really nice too as it is one of our favorite restaruants. We wouldn't hesitate in staying at this motel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family