“VACATION”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Renton
Atlanta, Georgia
“VACATION”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Staff was great, best service I have had in a long time. Rooms were big and cozy. Facility was clean and overall a friendly place. Definitely would go back. Food was good and the attentiveness of the staff is what was great and shared with me some local things to do and where to go for good food, better than my family members who live there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Washington
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband had total hip replacement surgery at Valley Medical and I stayed at the Clarion during his hospital stay. I didn't use the shuttle service, mainly because my hours were erratic, but the staff was great, especially the first night/morning, offering me fresh cookies and a sneaky muffin and juice since I got in late and left early. The room always looked fresh and inviting. I highty recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Minsk, Belarus
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Nice and rather quite hotel. Clean and comfortable, but oldfashioned. Free shuttle to and from Seatac Airport. It was only 1 problem with overcharging my credit card but it has been solved very quickly. There is no swimming pool or restaurant there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 5, 2012

After staying the night before in what we could say was a "big mistake" staying in your hotel was a big, big relief and we also didn't feel like we were going to have some of the cities undiserables knocking at our door in the middle of the night.
The rooms at your motel were very clean and well furnished. Having the Keg restaruant within walking distance was really nice too as it is one of our favorite restaruants. We wouldn't hesitate in staying at this motel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I regularly stay at the Clarion because it is so close to the facility I travel to on business. The people are friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable and it is very conveniently located. I love the chocolate chip cookies they make in the afternoon. The only thing I wish they had that they don't is a pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights the last week of August. I picked this hotel this time because of price. The one we usually stay in the same area has risen its price so much that it was time for a change. I was leary because of some of the reviews, but I sure can't see where some of the negative reviews come from.

The hotel is easy to locate, easy to get to all forms of shopping and restaurants. The hotel is clean, service was excellent. We had a room with two double beds, and there was plenty of room. Yes the bath/toilet area is smaller, but since the sink & vanity are in the main part of room, that was okay. Now I liked the sink/vanity separate as you both can get ready at the same time. Beds were super comfortable, and I sure didn't notice any loud noise even though this hotel does back onto the freeway. I saw into the rooms with the king bed and even that looked very comfortable.

The breakfast buffet was good, there were 2 waffle irons, also eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy. Plus all the standard fare, bagels, muffins, bread for toast. I don't think anyone would have trouble finding something to eat.

The other hotel was $100.00 more a night, and for what we received here, it was well worth the saving. We will definetly chose this hotel again. I think that a majority of travellers would find this a very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We can only compare this outfit with another one in Absecon, New Jersey. This hotel takes a decided second place because the latter was brand new when we visited and had an indoor pool and new workout area. The Renton hotel is located near SeaTac International Airport was not our first choice for our stay in Saettle but it turned out to be quite convenient.
Our King room ( happily located away from highway noise) is oddly configured. The shower and toilet are in a separate room...properly called the bathroom, but the sink, vanity and four very bright lights are in the hallway. This does not have to be a problem if you are comfortable with your companions and don't mind sharing that morning ritual at the sink, but some may not be content. We are fairly relaxed about this but I was bothered by the intensely bright lights over the mirror and there wasn't space to put out our cosmetics.
The plug/outlet near the bed could not hold a plug so I scrambled for an outlet to plug in my phone.
On the plus side the bed was good with a generous choice of pillows, the towels were big enough, the air conditioner efficient plus all units are equipped with fridge ( with freezer) and microwave.
At check-in we were given a coupon for a free shrimp cocktail at the Keg restaurant next door. A delicious bonus !
What did stand out on this stay was the staff. Kirsten is a star as is Erik , both cheerful, efficient and helpful..
A night light wouldl take care of the glaring vanity lights and an operable outlet would be welcome.
What does need attention is the complementary breakfast service. We did take advantage of this perk and should mention that a hot meal is available...but bread for toasting was scarce and the bagels just don't qualify. Plain Oatmeal packages were also scarce as hen's teeth but the sugarey flavoured stuff was out. We need to have healthy options aside from the ever-present waffles. Biscuits and gravy, greasy eggs and sausages are a bit retrograde in these times .Even a pitcher of low-fat milk is standard at most hotels in this class.
Addionally this room is locked the rest of the time. It would be convenient to be able to bring in take-out and sit down at a table to enjoy or just get out of the room to write a postcard . Guests often play card games in these spaces but this rather barren space is locked up tight after breakfast on the dot of nine. ( or nine-thirty)
On the plus side this hotel is near a Starbucks and a few other restaurants within walking distance ( notably the Keg ) near AAA, and is within easy driving distance to popular visitor sites and downtown Seattle. Tacoma is a half hour away.We found a huge mall nearby and a number of good restauants as well as some chains and a few new stores ( new to us ).
Bottom line..this hotel is just fine during high season when hotel rates are inflated. If you are lucky Kirsten will be on duty and Erik will shuttle you to the Airport or Mall. These two are both savvy ,hip, and super bright ! Theyare an effective 'front line' and made our stay !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a unit away from the hum of the 167.