“Great Happy Hour”

Ranked #11 of 245 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Matador serves fresh Tex-Mex cuisine and premium tequilas in an inviting, social atmosphere with amber lighting and unique, hacienda-inspired decor.
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Good food, nice atmosphere, sitting outside on sunny evenings is a little quitter which can be nice. Super busy so either make reservations or get there early.

Visited March 2013

Woodinville, Washington
“Fun place to hangout!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Would be great if they could add a couple of healthy options to their menu! Nice place to hangout with friends after work or on a Saturday night.

• Visited July 2012
Redmond, WA
“A very slightly under average place”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

As a bar, I guess it's loud enough and has enough alcohol. As a restaurant it's just adequate. It has the new standard of music being way too loud forcing everyone to yell to be heard, forcing everyone else to yell louder. I guess this is what some call romantic now?? My 22db earplugs were not quite enough to be able to think, but I forgot my 32db ear protectors at home. The service was standard in today's world, the waitress put my drink at the end of the booth on my wife's side so she had to hand it to me. We got one refill of water. The check, even though I handed her the card, and my wife was in the restroom, was still placed in front of her seat rather than mine.
I got the fajitas which were okay. A little less than a teaspoon of sour cream, and the same for guacamole. At least that caused both my wife and myself to laugh. Same for her carnitas. One
teaspoon of sour cream and guacamole. Taste was decent but a bit bland. The margarita was just so-so.
Over all, not a great place for dinner. We won't be back.

• Visited March 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was my 1st visit to the Matador and it did not disappoint. We got there during Friday after work & dinner rush and had to wait an hour for a table, but it was worth it and the staff made sure our beverages were refreshed during the wait. The service and meal was very good.

Parking is hard to find - drop folks off and let them get on the list for a table while you explore.

• Visited March 2013
New York City
“TEX-MEX but more Spanish Feels...........good food”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had their old fashioned Mexican Margarita and can taste alcohol in it.... Very good drink selection ( specially Tequillas and whisky )

Old rustic decor with Spanish feel to it and their Nachos are just so good and fresh............will come again for sure.

• Visited February 2013