“Always good!”
Review of Yummy Teriyaki

Yummy Teriyaki
Ranked #50 of 253 Restaurants in Redmond
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is a small restaurant located near Safeway at Bear Creek Shopping center... Parking is adequate, Usually we order take-out, which is ready quickly, but you can eat in as well. Teriyaki chicken, our favorite, comes with rice and extra sauce, along with a cabbage "salad". All tasty, and portion of meat is very generous.enough for two, Reasonable prices, fast service, clean, consistently good.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Having read a lot of great reviews here and discovering that it's very close to where I'm now living, I gave this a try yesterday. Everyone was right: the servings are ginormous and delicious! I ordered the vegetable tofu teriyaki and it the to-go container was so heavy I was shocked. The food was hot, fresh and came with a giant pile of rice, teriyaki sauce and a "salad" of thinly-sliced, fresh green cabbage with a really good Asian dressing of gingery, slightly sweet, sesame creamy deliciousness, which came in a separate container from the hot food.

The tofu was in a breading of some time and freshly deep fried or pan fried, I'm not sure, but it was very hot and very good. The vegetables included were zucchini (seems to be a very popular vegetable in restaurants here, I've noticed), onion, mushroom and carrot. The carrot was tiny matchstick pieces, and not my preference as I like to really TASTE carrot. But hey, it was colorful and half of eating IS visual, and even more so in Asian food! There was a big, big serving, and though I'd forgotten to ask for it, and brown rice is available, I'd gotten white rice and there was enough for three meals.

The staff was extremely friendly, polite and smiled a lot. The place is small with a few booths and tables, decorated nicely and was very clean and welcoming. The menu is big, with combos and a variety of meats as well as tofu and vegetables, and they also have noodle dishes and a good variety of soups, which I wasn't expecting since so many wrote about the meat teriyaki in their reviews. I'll try one of the soups next time.

The cost was low and given how large the amount of food you get is, quite a bargain for what will most likely be two meals unless you're THAT hungry and/or eat that much on a regular basis. I can't imagine anyone leaving hungry! There were two big, athletic guys at the table next to me who couldn't even finish. I took my other half home. For $9 I got two meals and enjoyed both of them. Flavors blended well overnight and warmed up perfectly in the microwave, and the rice stayed moist since I'd covered it up. It was a great second meal.

I didn't give it 5 "stars" since as much as I enjoyed it, it was still a bit basic on the flavor and not as "teriyaki" tasting as I like, but then again, my mom's teriyaki is what I grew up on and she used to live in Japan, so hey, that's what I'm used to. This was really very good. Give it a shot; you'll certainly have plenty to eat and the nicest service I've had in a long time!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Been there many many times, mostly for take out though. Place is very busy during lunch time and early dinner. Portions are big and prices reasonable (especially for the size). Quality of the food is great, and tastes fantastic. Spicy Teriyaki is the best and my recommendation. Get 4 stars if you like, it's spicy and tasty at the same time.
When it gets crowded, you have a full restaurant and people standing waiting for their take out orders. Not a place for a date :-), but great for a filling meal.
Service is quick, efficient and friendly.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Best teriyaki in Redmond and you can order a half size of teriyaki if you don't want those huge quantities.

1  Thank PegHNoveltyHill
Reviewed June 13, 2012

...then this would have been the result: epic, samurai portions! I am 6'5" and 245 lbs. but usually only polish off half of my serving. My wife could probably eat an order of teriyaki for three days. This is the best teriyaki in Seattle and not only based on the hulking masses of charred meat; the flavors are wonderful and rich. The chicken teriyaki is really good but the beef, oh, there should be haiku to this wonderful offering! The dressing for their salads is worth special notice and is for sale, should you wish to take some home.

1  Thank Featherlessbiped