“Man bites dog, mean owner”

Victor's Coffee Company
Ranked #2 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Redmond
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Panama City Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Man bites dog, mean owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

First of all, I think not accepting credit cards is a foolish decision and inconsiderate of your customers.

Second, yelling at your staff in front of everyone is rude and mean.

Third, I don't appreciate you telling me not to talk while standing in line because you can't concentrate. Who are you, the soup nazi from Seinfeld?

Fourth, charging for coffee refills is cheap and stupid, and charging someone full price for a refill because they want it in a to go cup is doubly cheap and stupid.

If you hate customers, and people, maybe the hospitality industry isn't the best place to be working. There are too many great local places with NIIIIICE owners for me to spend my time or my money on this place. This place will go out of business if this new owner doesn't start treating people nicely, no matter how good the food supposedly is.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Steve T

Seattle, Washington
“I'm not sure the other reviewers and I visited the same place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I don't know anything about the owner...I guess I haven't run into him the couple of times I've been there.

What I can say is that my entourage and I enjoyed our visits to this inviting cafe. Our grilled sandwiches were mainstream enough to be accessible, but the flavor profile was complex and offbeat enough to be remarkable. Best nanaimo bar I've ever had and a huge portion at that. I've been craving one ever since my last bite. The cappuccino was above average.

• Visited April 2013
“To enjoy a good espresso and conversation, go somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Although I was one of former owner Victor's first customers in 1991, every element if great coffee and comfortable ambiance that he built in this establishment has gone to hell. 3 second watery shots, sour unpleasant taste, expensive and grossly high calorie edibles (grilled sandwiches an exception but no longer worth the pain). Remarkably high turnover (some don't survive first day under the harsh gustapo leadership of new owner) and pricey menu make this a sadly awful place. Life is too short to spend your money here only to be told you're taking up table space too long-- mevermind the plethora of empty tables all around you. Only Joanie is a bright spot.

1 Thank Notavailable06
Auckland
“Calling Dr Phil…Obnoxious, crazy owner needs help”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The man who owns this shop is crazy and openly abuses his staff, I am surprised this shop is still open, if you have an urge to be rudely spoken to and on top of it be served bad coffee by all means visit and soak in the experience. This must be a place where what not to do is a norm, the owner expectedly was rude when I ordered my coffee and asked him about the no of shots in a large cup, obviously I did put him in his spot to which his staff quietly remarked that is an everyday story for them.

For someone wanting to test their EQ, this is a terrific spot to visit.....give your self confidence a test.

• Visited September 2012
“Victory Victor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Made to order breakfast sandwiches until 11.
Nice place to gather and chat for a while.
My daughter gets her coffee for there: the foam is so good you want it in a real cup!