“Excellent Thai Food”

Good for: Families with children
Redmond, Washington
“Excellent Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have been a long time fan of Thai food and really love Silver Spoon. They have two locations but I always find myself at the Redmond location. They have fantastic food and friendly staff.

Recommend the Basil and Red curry items although no one I have eaten with has had something bad here. The food is cooked well and pricing is fair (especially their lunch combos they are a fantastic deal for great food!). Sometimes the Pad Thai included in the lunch combos isn't great but for the price its really hard to beat and as its just like a side who can complain!

Have not had to wait yet (although in fairness I have gotten more take out than sit down food there) but its all very good and definitely recommended if you like Thai food.

• Visited January 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Best Thai Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

This is my most favorite Thai food in the world!

Favorites:

Yellow Curry with Chicken
Pad Thai with grilled Tofu
Spring Rolls

I don't know what it is, but I'm getting hungry (at 10am) just thinking about it!

In addition, the staff are super friendly. They often have live piano music behind the huge aquarium. It's a casual atmosphere (why do they have 2 TVs playing? this isn't a sports bar).... and I probably do take out 50% of the time.

If you love Thai, this is well worth the drive up the hill to Redmond Ridge. Absolutely the best!

• Visited September 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Date night w/Thai food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

9/4/11 7:30pm: Silver Spoon Thai Restaurant & Bar/Lynnwood/www.thaifoodforyou.com/: entering into the parking lot, it has the looks of an elegant restaurant, we were hungry, so we hope for good authentic Thai food. We were welcome by a couple of friendly staff, unlike the other family run restaurants, the greeter led us pass a pretty good size bar, then open into to a large dining hall with partitions and big tables, roomy, got lots of elbow room.
Didn’t have to wait long for the dishes, we ordered our normal favorite dishes, quite tasty, great spices, great flavors, though more meat than veggie, the beef is a bit chewy, beef at Thai’s has been hit and miss for us. We resisted to order beef, but thought the restaurant this size might be good, nope…. We were enchanted with a pianist with calm melodies that made a dinner even better, without drowning out our conversation. I suppose the room is big enough, that conversations are carried out normally.
We might come back when we’re in the area and too hungry to hunt down other options. Well, their price is bit higher than normal. For us with kids, good food has higher priority than ambiance. This would be a great place for a dinner date. 3.5stars.
FYI: 5stars from us is very very rare; the one in France got 5stars, where we dined in a mansion/castle by ourselves with the whole kitchen staff waited on us, and for a measly $80 each. It was rated by Michelin 3-4 stars and these guys rarely rarely dish out 5stars. Well, it was off peak season, in the wine country, and we were the first of the day. An experience to remember, can’t wait to return. Ops, rambling…..

• Visited September 2011
“Good but not worth the drive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Food was good, service ok and I was in the area. Would I go out of my way to come back? Nope. Especially since they forgot the ground peanuts for the Pad Thai. They happily brought me some after I asked, then charged me $1! (see photo) No wonder she did it with a smile.

Redmond
“Best restaurant on redmond ridge.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Always good service--servers evev remember what i always order (larb gai). Good panang curry chicken.