“Healthy Eating in Redmond”
Review of Hugo's Restaurant

Hugo's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 245 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are located on the Hiway 202 from Redmond to Woodinville in charming house built around 1910. Our parking lot is cozy, but there is street parking available. We have a large beautiful deck that offers a wonderful ambiance for outdoor dining.
Kirkland, Washington
“Healthy Eating in Redmond”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have eaten at this place several times and after each visit I have come away with a more positive impression. The first two times were soon after the restaurant opened. It seemed that they were searching for an identity because the menu changed within a matter of a few days. In fact, the second evening I was there the chef had quit that afternoon and they were scrambling to figure out how to make things work. Since then there is more consistency and the quality of the food and service has risen dramatically. Healthy eating and sustainable food is its theme. The juice bar alone makes it unique as a fine dining restaurant. Though the menu was somewhat limited in its selections at first, I have noticed that the offerings are now broader and more diverse. The food is quite delicious. I especially appreciate how serious the ownership and wait staff are about nutritious eating: gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and low sugar in their recipes. It is situated in a charming, classic craftsman style house along 164th Avenue in downtown Redmond, which if you are not careful you will pass by. Parking in the rear is limited, but manageable nearby; definitely worth the effort to check this place out. I am recommending Graces 5 to my friends, especially those who have certain food allergies.

Visited March 2012

Pacific Northwest, USA
“Another wonderful experience.”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Since our initial visit in 2011 they have received their wine and beer license and expanded their offerings to include several gluten free beers. We made reservations through OpenTable, and arrived promptly on time. Service was a little slow as the seating filled to capacity within about 10 minutes of our arrival, including one extremely large group. That said, the food was excellent, portion sizes were on par with most better dining places (i.e. the portions were appropriate not giant).

The atmosphere was very pleasant and comfortable and we will be returning again.

• Visited April 2012
Seattle, Washington
“I should have stuck with a coffee shop”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Terrible waste of money, I received an over priced plate and little portions.

• Visited March 2012
Seattle
“A real gem that caters to a wide range...”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I am delighted to find this new restaurant in my home town. Lovely atmosphere, impeccable service, and a refreshing focus on serving healthy, real food.

I eat paleo (meat and veg) and one of my colleagues is a raw vegan. How amazing to find a restaurant that specifically caters to both of us! I had the tenderloin in a port & ginger reduction--one of the best entrees I've ever eaten. My colleague had raw zucchini noodles. The two other colleagues who eat conventionally also loved their meals.

The service was fabulous...attentive without being intrusive. The waitress said twice "We'll do whatever you need..." and clearly meant it.

This might be just about the most positive review I've written on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled it's a review for somewhere I can visit frequently.

• Visited November 2011
Pacific Northwest, USA
“Unbelievable! Wonderful food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This is a unique dining experience that was fantastic. The atmosphere is very homey and comfortable but feels like one of those hidden treasure finds that you rave about when you get home. Outdoor patio seating with firepits, a unique menu prepared by Chef Ricky Simone.

We were greeted by the manager, Mark when we came through the door and immediately felt very welcome.

The food was wonderful. Whenever possible they use organic, locally grown, sustainable ingredients, and best of all (for me) the entire facility is free of gluten, casein (dairy), soy, and most of the other common (and some not so common) food allergens. But the food was absolutely fantastic. Having prepared food both professionally and privately for many years I can be somewhat of a critic, and since being diagnosed with Celiac Disease three years ago and discovering numerous other food in tolerances, I'm aware how difficult it can be to change cooking styles and develop new recipes. The staff has done fantastic. The food presentation and preparation is four star in my opinion.

I cannot recommend Graces 5 enough for a wonderful, healthy, dining experience. If you are passing through the area or visiting, it is well worth the time to head over there!

• Visited September 2011