“This was a treat for us...”

Thai Ginger - Redmond
Ranked #48 of 250 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Edit While many Thai restaurants serve dishes domesticated to Western palates, Thai Ginger is known for authentic artfully crafted selections made with the freshest and finest ingredients. Thai food is considered one of the most balanced cuisines on the planet. At Thai Ginger, we provide a variety of dishes from all of Thailand's geographical regions. With each dish you will enjoy proportional sweetness and acidity, along with fresh aroma and spice per your personal request. Come experience the energy and excitement of our exhibition kitchen while our fast and friendly staff assure you have an experience to remember.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Visiting from the midwest, and family brought us here for something different-- It was different, which we appreciate because we like to try new things. The food was delicious and the service good.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Met a friend around 12:30 looking forward to some conversation, and a delicious lunch at what I'd heard was the best local Thai restaurant. Just inside the door, the place looked promiising. It was crowded with seemingly happy diners. It was also very loud... like "happy hour at the pub" kind of loud. We were greeted and seated within 5 minutes and eagerly perused our menus and the daily lunch specials. It all looked great - tough to decide. The service was friendly and quick but impersonal (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). We ordered and within 2 minutes received small bowls of soup. There were little pieces of vegetables and tofu floating in the broth which itself was tepid and bland. One taste was enough. Not bad but certainly not worth eating. Lunch entrees arrived soon after. Looked and smelled great. Tasted great too, except, like the soup, the entrees were warm, not hot. Hmmm.... maybe the kitchen assembly line used very cold plates? Whatever the reason, I took most of my lunch home, reheated and ate it there. It was tasty but there are so many other restaurant choices in Redmond I don't see any reason to return to Thai Ginger. They must be popular with the corporate employees at Redmond Town Center who are sick of cafeteria food and looking for anything a step above.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Great authentic Thai food. Service is prompt and friendly. Good value for $20 had a starter (fish cakes) that were exceptional and the seafood special of the day (ginger tilapia) that was very enjoyable maybe a bit dry but no real complaint. Great for lunch.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I recently moved to Redmond, WA and looking forward to getting to know all of the Thai restaurants in the area (I am half-Thai and lived in Thailand off-and-on for 14 years). I also owned a Thai restaurant in Portland, OR and have taught many classes on Thai cooking.

Several people recommended that we try Thai Ginger in Redmond Town Center and the restaurant ambiance looked inviting and clean. Unfortunately, that's where the good impression stopped and the disappointments began.

We were joined by four of our friends and so we ordered a lot of entres and ate family style. Our server wasn't from Thailand and she couldn't tell us much about each dish. The service was slow and unattentive. We had to ask for water refills on several occasions. The food was bland (I had to ask for the spice condiment side dishes to add heat and flavor) and FAR from authentic. Some of the dishes weren't recognizable as the dishes I've eaten in Thailand for years (especially the Pad Phrik Khing). The curry was watery, the stir-fried vegetables were limp and lifeless, and the salmon portion in our red curry was overcooked and tiny. To top it all off the prices were among the most I have ever paid for Thai food anywhere (and I've had Thai food in almost every state in the country).

Too bad. I was so looking forward to an amazing experience.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I love all the Thai Gingers. The only reason I gave this location a 4 out of 5 stars is because they don't offer a couple of the specials that the Factoria location has (the best Chicken lettuce Wraps I have ever had and the Ginger Prawns)