“Good pho, but bad service”
Review of Pho Hoa Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pho Hoa Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 253 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Pho Hoa is a chain, and I have been to several other locations. Recently, we went to this one for first time, simply because of a coupon we had.

When we inquired about the coupon, the waitress, who didn't speak English well, did not do a good job of explaining.

Food is typical of Pho Hoa, which is pretty good, with a good amount of meat.

After we finished, and tried to apply the coupon to our bill, we were told that we didn't spend enough to use it. After arguing with them for a while, we ended up buying an extra smoothie just to meet the requirements of the coupon. It would have helped if the waitress had explained the coupon correctly.

The table next to us had the same coupon, and they too misunderstood the terms.

I don't know if the words in the coupon were poorly stated intentionally or not, but it's never good when the waitress couldn't explain it either, and you are surprised at check out time.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We ate there last night on December 2nd. I had a small sized item 33, which was the seafood Pho for $7.45. It was delicious! The bowl was large, the ingredients were plentiful, and the aste was perfect on a rainy Bellevue evening. We also has the fresh Vietnamese rolls. Those were equally delicious and I could eat mass quantities if required - yum.
Our bill for 4 was $33.

1  Thank Callbob1
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I do love me some pho, and moving to this part of the country has ensured that there are plenty of "phoptions" for me to enjoy, so I've been trying different places as I go. My housemate loves it, too, so, since neither one of us had been here, in we went.

I noticed immediately that there were few seats available and almost every one appeared to be a Vietnamese diner. That is a great sign when you're in an ethnic restaurant, so I was looking forward to this. The service was fast and efficient, and friendly enough. The soups came out pretty quickly given how busy the place was, so they obviously know what they're doing. I noticed on the back of the menu that this is a chain and is all over the US, Canada and Asia, so they must know what they're doing, right? They do! The soup was fantastic, both my friend's flank steak pho and my vegetarian version. Having had a lot of vegetarian pho, and most of the broth being super salty, this was a nice change in that it wasn't at all, and actually had a nice flavor. The vegetables were plentiful, as was the tofu, and freshly cooked. My friend said hers was fantastic, with intense flavor and lots of meat. So, both bowls scored and A+ with us. We also ordered hot Vietnamese coffee, which arrived with their own little french press toppers on each cup with a hot pot of water so we could make our own the way we liked it. Great place, and If you love pho, you'll love Pho Hoa!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Average pho noodle soups and dishes. It appears to be a popular spot for Microsoft employees, fast lunch crowd. Dont walk in expecting amazing service but you will get your food quickly.

I ordered the bahn mi (sandwich) recently- it was average with lots if mayo.

Overall, Id come back if I was nearby and had a craving for pho.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

my food was totally forgotten, it was at lunch time and I only had 30 min for my lunch, the waiter took my order ( it was an old man ) and totally forgot it, probably he did not write it down so after 25 min I finally got my pho, but after all, he did not bring my coffee..it was not just the first time. I love pho so much but the service was so terrible at there, I would not want to go there anymore, I found a good pho restaurant and much better service, pho Than brother, so I will never come to back to pho hoa restaurant anymore.