“Expect really exceptional food”
Review of Malay Satay Hut

Malay Satay Hut
Ranked #52 of 245 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Expect really exceptional food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I don't know if this is Indonesian food or Thai or Chinese or a combination, but some of the best I've had, nd I've been to China and Thailand. The mango chicken is great, actually everything I've tried, including the salads with mango is. The restaurant is a little out of the way in Redmond in a strip mall on 148th Street, but has parking and is worth looking for. If you like "Asian" food at all, be sure to try Malay Satay. And to top it off, the pricing is quite reasonable.

• Visited August 2013

Redmond, Oregon
“First time here”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was up visiting a friend in Seattle and was taken here for lunch one day. I was uncertain what to order and left it up to my friend.
Roti Canai was up first... I can not believe how amazing this dish was. Delish! The sauce was so tasty that I wanted to lick the bowl!
Belachan String Beans was next. The beans had a nice crunch but I wasn't excited by the seafoodiness (yes, I know that is not a word!) taste of them.
Pad Thai was also amazing! I am not a big Pad Thai lover, but this dish had amazing flavor! The noodles were nice and wide and it had a really nice flavor all around!
Also had a pork chop dish, which was okay, a little too sweet and barbecued for my taste.
I will have to return and definitely have more of these tasty dishes!

• Visited June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“As authentic as one can get”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The assam laksa and mixed platter are delicious. The desert ice kacang and 'bobo chacha' use substitute ingredients but still taste good. So far, the most authentic Malaysian food here.
Service is fast and lots of seats. Good place to have a quick meal.
The restroom is so dimly lit it's creepy.

• Visited May 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Yummy, Yummy, Yummy”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been to this restaurant in Redmond many, many times. I love it. The food is absolutely fantastic. Whether you are an carnivore, an omnivore, a vegetarian, or a vegan, all are welcome and will be delighted with the excellent cuisine. If you don't want MSG, just ask. If you want an alcoholic beverage, you will be pleased with the choices. The owner, Sam, is quite the character, and can speak many languages. Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2013
“Scores above 4 stars”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hole in the wall restaurant.. Scores big in my culinary adventures! Over 200 items in the menu. Gotta try the vegie dishes? And their lastest addition: hotpot seafood! Fantastic soupbase also

• Visited January 2013