“Horrible service”

Add it.
Kikuya Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Not sure what got into waitress. I should have walked out of Kikuya when she literally threw bento box at my table. No apology, no words at all. The food was tasteless because of the service. I would never go back there.
I agreed with pjaroux - not the way it was.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I stopped for dinner here on a recent visit to the Redmond area. On a Friday night, this place was obviously locals only (and not all that full either). However, the prices were more than fair for the huge servings of food, the service was incredibly quick and very friendly, and the restaurant was clean.

Without consulting each other about our order, my husband and I basically ordered the exact same thing. We both ordered rolls and I had the tempura udon (tempura was placed in the broth so that the pieces were moist) while he had soba with tempura (the tempura was served dry, on a seperate plate). The bowls were served steaming hot and the noodles were delicious!

We'd definitely eat here again, and I'm really hoping Kikuya and the other restaurants in this small part of Redmond don't get strangled out by all the expansion and newer buildings!!!

1  Thank M0mmyG
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We hadn't been to Kikuya for some time but dropped in on a Wednesday. The place was bigger and had a bar but the food lacked the delicacy of Japanese cuisine. The portions were large but weren't well presented. The place used to be full but there was only one other couple.

1  Thank pjacroux
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Kikuya is old-school, no neon, no conveyor belt, no fancy cocktail bar, no long lines, no hassles. Satisfying to terrific sushi--great salmon skin roll, other great rolls, but the menu is not swamped with deep-fried cream cheese maki and the like. Reminds me of the simpler Seattle sushi bars of decades gone by, before the hype. Valuable neighborhood standby.

Reviewed May 29, 2010

We went to Kikuya for a family evening meal, after finding out Todai had closed. I had the deluxe sashimi plate for $19, my wife had a beef dish and our two kids shared some Udon. Green tea was a nice start. The sashimi was not great compared to most restaurants I have eated at in Bellevue and Seattle. My wife did not like her dish. Overall, the service was ok, the food was very average and the atmosphere is lacking. OK for kids. This was an unseasonally cold night for Redmond in late May, and the ambience in Kikuya is not particulalry cosy, not really one thing or another. I left feeling it was just a meal on the road, just okay, but not a place I will come back to for a special occassion or an addiction to the food or the place.