“Low key neighborhood Japanese cuisine...takes me back a few decades.”
Review of Kikuya Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kikuya Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Kikuya is old-school, no neon, no conveyor belt, no fancy cocktail bar, no long lines, no hassles. Satisfying to terrific sushi--great salmon skin roll, other great rolls, but the menu is not swamped with deep-fried cream cheese maki and the like. Reminds me of the simpler Seattle sushi bars of decades gone by, before the hype. Valuable neighborhood standby.

Reviewed May 29, 2010

We went to Kikuya for a family evening meal, after finding out Todai had closed. I had the deluxe sashimi plate for $19, my wife had a beef dish and our two kids shared some Udon. Green tea was a nice start. The sashimi was not great compared to most restaurants I have eated at in Bellevue and Seattle. My wife did not like her dish. Overall, the service was ok, the food was very average and the atmosphere is lacking. OK for kids. This was an unseasonally cold night for Redmond in late May, and the ambience in Kikuya is not particulalry cosy, not really one thing or another. I left feeling it was just a meal on the road, just okay, but not a place I will come back to for a special occassion or an addiction to the food or the place.

Reviewed May 3, 2008

Pretty good restaurant. Good food for just about everyone whether you're a sushi fan, meat fan, or a vegetable fan.

Brewster, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2008

Great sushi for the east side. It's a lunch-time favorite.

Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed February 2, 2008

I love this place. Great food, good service, pretty good prices.