“Busy but worth it”

Coho Restaurant & Bar - Redmond
Ranked #11 of 253 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 90th
Transit: Downtown Redmond Transit Center is located 1 block South at 16201 NE 83rd St Redmond, WA
Description: The Coho Cafe provides a warm and comfortable environment, with genuine service that demonstrates how much we care about your experience. Our menu is designed to create exciting and affordably priced dishes emphasizing Pacific-Northwest seafood, Southwest and Pan Asian cuisine.
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Little bit of a wait even to get into the bar.but worth it.service was very good. Food was excellent.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This place does a perfect job at balancing good prices with excellent food. I have never had a bad meal or appetizer here and have come here multiple times over the years. Great happy hour, good service and great price point. Sometimes there is a wait but the place is big enough that it usually doesn't take as long as you'd think. Outside seating in the nice weather is a bonus.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is my second review. I have to say that my opinion has gone way, way up since my first review of this restaurant. No idea why, maybe I hit them on a bad day last time.

Started to fill up as we were leaving, there's a chance of a line at lunch, I would guess, and certainly a line when the theatre across the parking lot lets out. I've seen it from the parking lot.

Special pasta, good. Salmon, good. Salad, good. Was there for lunch, can't speak for alcohol menu. Service excellent, and even a bit tolerant when 4 of us came sprinting in out of the rain 5 minutes before opening time, look one look and said "here, have a nice table next to the fireplace". Hard to quibble with that, we were prepared to wait, and just asked if we could wait in the dry instead of the rain.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Seeking a special Friday night dinner to celebrate, the online menu at Coho had me salivating. We arrived a little after 5PM, and were told there would be a 10 minute wait. When we were summoned to a table, even though our hand held beeper device did not work, I noticed there were a number of empty tables. In spite of the web site ad about happy hour being available anywhere in the house, the waitress said that "Happy Hour" specials were only available in the bar. Since we had a child with us, that was not an option. I ordered a beer and my daughter had a specialty drink, which cost $9. After that it got worse. My grandson ordered mac and cheese which looked more like noodles with cheese grated on top. Not being a food critic, he didn't care because he had a couple of new crayons and lemonade. Our appetizer was excellent, although for 5.99 they could provide more than 3 half jalapeno peppers, that's $2 for one half pepper. Umm, do the math. It gets worse. I ordered the Chef Special Flank Steak, grilled with miso sauce, sautéed spinach and mashed potatoes. I asked for the steak to be cooked MEDIUM. The plate arrived in a sea of au jus, the spinach was swimming in sauce and overcooked, the steak was floating alongside and was the toughest, chewiest flank steak I have ever eaten. I am not a chef but I do love to cook flank steak, and this steak was so tough that the steak knife they brought me couldn't even penetrate its fibers. YUCK! And it gets worse! My daughter ordered the Seafood Combo which was advertised as salmon, prawns and scallops. She had to ask the waitress when it arrived, "Where are the scallops?" There was one, after all. Then, she showed me her salmon, and asked if it was cooked. I told her, "NO, fish properly cooked should be translucent, and this was anything but. It was virtually raw. Being good sports, we drank our drinks, laughed about things, and didn't let the food ruin our last night out. But truth be told, no one should mistake this restaurant for anything other than a cheap attempt at fine dining. DONT BOTHER!!

1  Thank wildthing_50
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Coho café. Most people come here to expect a wonderful salmon meal, or some clams or oysters. Well, I am not a big "seafood" guy. But still, this place is over the top. There burgers are great, the chicken awesome, and then I tried there salmon once. Highly impressed. Came back the next day to have some more. It has that nice crispy, wood-fired taste that just tickles your taste buds. I would highly recommend this place, seafood lover or not.

The location of this place is not that great, mainly because it is in a shopping complex with a movie theater across the parking lot. Normally, the parking lot is packed. But If you look hard enough, you'll find one. Traffic is unheard of, and street closures or accidents is extremely rare. Yet again, if your staying in Redmond for a business trip, or just for fun, I would highly suggest Coho Café.