“Wonderful location”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Redmond
Victoria, BC Canada
“Wonderful location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

Chose this hotel because of the location to Marymoor Park as attending a concert. All the staff, from the bellhops, front desk, servers in both the lounge and the restaurant were happy and helpful. Our room location was quiet, and we overlooked one of the swimming pools. We had an issue with both the iron in our room, and the electrical going out in the bathroom. On both occasions staff were there very quickly to remedy. As a piece of our clothing had been discolored with the iron, the manager fairly compensated us for that on our bill without question. When we mentioned upon check in we were going to Marymoor Park later that evening, the clerk offered to print out the driving directions for us. After the concert we enjoyed a cocktail in their lovely lounge area. They offered for breakfast on Sunday either their regular menu or the buffet. We decided that the buffet offered better dollar value with a great choice of hot and cold items. Parking and Wi-Fi was included with our rate. Great shops surround the area that was very walkable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

I stayed two nights at the Marriott Redmond for a short business trip. The hotel is conveniently located in the Town Center area is a short drive from the MSFT campus. The rooms were generic but spacious and clean. Food in restaurant and bar is a tad better than average hotel fair with good service. Overall a good hotel choice for the area.

Jonesborough, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in August 2014 on business. You can't beat the location. Nearby restaurants, theaters, and shops. The hotel is clean, well appointed and quite comfortable. Check-in and Check-out was effortless. I honestly can't remember any issues...I'd stay here against without question.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I booked this hotel on priceline name your own price. I was bidding only on hotels advertised as pet friendly. I was given this hotel for a price of $170 including tax. I then reviewed their fees and was shocked to find that there is a pet fee of $150! I have stayed in hotels all over North America with my dog and never paid a fee of more than $20-25 a day (at most). I then wrote the hotel and requested that they reduce this outrageous fee. I did not receive any response whatsoever.

Since I was already paying a ridiculous $170 for one night for a hotel in the suburbs, and the hotel didn't bother to respond to my email, I was forced to change our weekend plans and find a dog sitter on short notice, leaving our dog behind rather than paying $150 to have him for one night at this overpriced suburban hotel. Luckily, I was able to find a dog sitter on 4 days notice and avoid the fee so outrageous it's laughable.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were met with a barrage of additional fees. There was the parking fee of $15/day. Almost every other hotel in the suburbs has free parking, not this one. We were able to find street parking easily and avoid this fee as well.

Free wifi? Not a chance. They also charged $17 a day for wifi. Every other hotel we stayed at on this trip of course had free wifi, not this one.

To make matters worse, the hotel is minimum 20 minutes from downtown Seattle, which is not bad, however, when you return at 12:45 in the morning from downtown and the bridge is closed without notice or warning, we were forced to drive all the way around to I-90 and it took us nearly 50 minutes to get back to the hotel from downtown Seattle.

I would never consider staying in any Redmond hotel again, and certainly not this one. Pay the extra $30 or so to stay downtown. This hotel will do their best to eliminate any savings you may have by charging ridiculous hidden pet, parking, or internet fees.

They get 2 stars instead of 1 because the rooms are actually quite nice, but the nice room did not even come close to compensating for all the ridiculous fees or for driving nearly an hour in the middle of the night to return to the hotel.

I will also do my obligatory complaint that I do every time I bid on priceline and get the Marriott. This hotel is owned by Mormons who place a Mormon bible in every room for your reading enjoyment. If you find this offensive like I do, there's another reason to avoid this hotel, just in case the numerous hidden fees aren't enough for you.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EvanUTVol
MHRSRedmond, Front Office Manager at Seattle Marriott Redmond, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank-you for posting your review of your recent stay with us at the Marriott Redmond Town Center. I apologize that no-one returned your email inquiry about the pet fee. I know the pet fee seems high but we have to be able to treat a room after a pet occupancy so that it meets the highest standards of being allergy free. This is quite an extensive process and much apreciated by our other guests.

I am sorry to hear that you got stuck in traffic due to the closure of the 520 bridge for construction. I can understand your frustration of a long comute at that time of the evening.

Regards,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Checked in about 4pm yesterday Saturday August 9th after driving around in circles looking for the self parking. Found plenty of "employee parking" signs and street parking with signs saying "no overnight parking". Finally we pulled in to the lobby turn around and asked the valet where it was. They told us it was in the mall parking garage across the way (make sure you don't go to the other mall parking garage on accident as they will tow your car). Parking was $16 a night out deep in the burbs. Great deal!! Check in however was quick and easy. We booked our room through Priceline and well...we got Priceline treatment. 2nd floor room 227 with a view of the roof and the closest point the jungle gym where kids bang and pound on the thing about 100 feet away. Room seemed fine and clean however it wasn't. We were given a two queen bed room. I went to the bed nearest the bathroom and pulled back the comforter and immediately noticed body hair and sheets that had definitely been slept in. I then went to the other bed and pulled the comforter back and these sheets were definitely fresh and clean as you could see the fold marks in them. We only needed one bed for the two of us and we had already unpacked after a long drive from Portland so to hell with going back downstairs to complain.

Bathroom seemed clean, the bed was comfortable. I can't comment on wifi as I didn't use it. You have your typical couple of bottles of water in the room at $4.50 a piece. Sunday morning we had the brunch before we left. $20 a head or $44 with tax. Food was marginal at best. Only had a $100 bill and it took 15 minutes to get change for it.

If you need to go into Seattle this is not a good place to stay right now as the 520 bridge is shut down. We took an Uber (new taxi style ap) to the city and back at $33 each way. A cab would have easily been $50-60 with the bridge closed.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Brian N
MHRSRedmond, Front Office Manager at Seattle Marriott Redmond, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are always striving to find ways to improve and feedback such as this is vital to the process. We have reached out to the RTC parking management to let them know that better signage is needed. I have also followed up with our housekeeping team regarding your comments.

Again, thank-you for letting us know how we can better meet yours and other needs.

Regards,
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stay here often when traveling for business. Probably the best location in the Redmond area, right next to the town square, with lots of nice restaurants and a movie theater. The hotel is nice, nothing special for a Marriott, you get what you would expect, but nothing more.

Bedford, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Pros:
Great location, convenient to shopping, restaurants, a great park nearby, and running trails. The staff is very friendly and eager to please.

Cons:
parking is a pain (either finding it yourself or paying the valet fee), and the building is in need of touch-ups throughout (from the damages to the elevator interiors to nicks & scratches in the room).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 7 in Redmond
Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Been to Seattle Marriott Redmond? Share your experiences!