“Fifth Year in a Row”

Seattle Marriott Redmond
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed May 14, 2014

It is always a pleasure to walk in to the front desk and see a welcoming smile and Hello year after year. Our family has stayed here now 5 years in a row and have enjoyed the spacious room each time and the wonderful breakfasts that are always hot and filling. After attending our day's conference, the whole family looks forward to a warm room and hot shower and a most comfortable bed. We will be back to this great hotel again next year. We enjoyed having the kitchen facilities right in the room!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 13, 2014

A leadership conference recently brought me to Redmond, WA, and the Marriott Town Center delivered again on most points I have come to expect. The room was very clean, and bed extremely comfortable. The closet space was a little smaller vs what I remember at other chains - but still enough for the few days I was in town. The bathroom was very nice - oversized with a great shower. The restaurant / bar was very accomodating; however - there are great restaurants and shops within a few feet of the complex if you care to venture off property. Overall - another great experience with Marriott.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed 3 nights and were very happy. Right down town, it is has a wonderful feel and ambience to it. The staff were outstanding, friendly, and accommodating. The room was large and very clean. The only complaint is that the WiFi is only complimentary in the lobby. That being said, when I was having trouble getting connected one evening, the young man said he would give me complimentary access in my room. Much appreciated as I had a report to get out.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I travelled here with a group of friends to meet with another friend. While our friend was there on business, a group of us came for a bit of a holiday.

Good bits remain: Location, even with it's Microsofted attitude, bumps mentioned in my previous, and newer problem areas, I still think it is the best choice in the greater Seattle area--

Not so good bits: --unfortunately, it appears, so do they.

Since my last review, the hotel appears to have the same not so good bits, with the addition of cleanliness of rooms and carpets having deteriorated quite a bit. I actually purchased cheap stockings for my wife and I to wear while in our rooms. We threw them out before we left!

Room service and restaurant, as if challenging all reason, remain (for years now) surly, slow, yet food IF YOU CAN GET HOLD OF IT, and shake off the attitude with which it is served or the time it takes the order correct, or the minor issue of how long it can take to get to you, is really quite above par.

Would have been grand to see some sense of desire to improve upon things mentioned in my previous, this and other recent reviews. Not to mention, what I am in fact mentioning, what appears the very opposite, hubris mixed with a somewhat melancholy slide. Want to give higher marks.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mitch-On-The-Move
MHRSRedmond, Manager at Seattle Marriott Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank-you for sharing your feedback about your experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the Marriott Redmond Town Center that we did not meet all of your expectations. I have reviewed all of your comments and have taken steps to improve based on your suggestions. Please reach out to me personally at 425-498-4006 to handle your future stays and ensure we exceed your expectations in the future. Sincerely, Rachel Fesler, Rooms Operations Manager.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my fifth stay at this hotel, and it has never disappointed. The service is excellent, the rooms are clean, and the lobby is warm and inviting. Kudos to especially to the front desk staff (Shari) in particular who seem to be ready to help with any scenario. I still have an issue with major hotels that charge outrageous fees for wifi ($20 for 24 hours?) when the cheapie airport hotels offer it for free. But this is common with most big chains (Hyatt etc.) and is a corporate policy so I don't hold the Redmond Marriott personally responsible. This is a business hotel mind you, so it doesn't have "resort" style facilities, but the fact that it is located in an upscale mall makes dining and shopping extremely convenient. Looking forward to my stay there again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dain S
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Okay, first the bad. The hallways stunk. A weird musty smell that made me gag, and it got worse every floor you went up. The young girl at the desk said they'd had other complaints, and got a glare from the manager. The manager said it was the air system adjusting to the changing weather and "it smells that way at my house too." LOL! I don't care, I'm not staying at your house! The good part is that I was quickly and politely relocated to a room on the least stinky second floor, which was clean and quiet with a fun view of the town center. The double queen room was spacious with really comfortable beds, nice pool, gym, free laundry, everything you need, including your choice of shops and restaurants steps away. But you're going to pay for it, you're in Microsoft country now!

Room Tip: If the weather's been changing recently, Sniff out the hallways first!