“Usually a nice stay”

Seattle Marriott Redmond
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have frequented Redmond Town Center many times. It is a great spot. We have stayed in both Marriott hotels by the Town Center. Usually we are very satisfied with the Marriott Town Center. Our most recent stay August 15th to 17th was over priced for the service. The more you pay the more you expect. At close to $200/night, I expect my room to be cleaned, garbage emptied, linens changed and fresh towels. I don't expect that we would have to contact house cleaning at night to request a clean room. The best they could do was drop off fresh towels.

The hotel was booked solid. I imagine they sacrifice service and quality with these bookings. At that rate I would not stay again.

Most of the time I always found this to be a good pick.

Room Tip: You have to pay for parking and Wi-Fi. This is not complimentary. I would recommend parking across...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valmay1
There are newer reviews for Seattle Marriott Redmond

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here while traveling for business. The hotel is nice but at this price point I expected more. The curtains in my room were filthy at the bottom...yuck. Service was hit and miss. All the staff were friendly but overall the quality of service was mediocre. One night I wanted to order room service but discovered I had no menu in my room I called to ask for one. 45 minutes later I still did not have one. I called again and was put on hold. Eventually I got dinner at no charge but really?? The last night I was there I asked for a wake up call at 3:30 in order to make a 6am flight. I never got that wake up call. The hitel is in a convenient location in a really quaint little block but you co uld certainly get a better bang for your buck elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kim D
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Pros: location is in the heart of the city center, valet car service ($12.95/day), good customer service, and a short drive to wine country in Woodinville.

Cons: The room was a little small, and loud in the evening, (pool was close by), the bed was not as comfortable as most Marriotts, and the bathroom was large which was nice but the bathtub really needed updating (shower curtain was older and grout was turning color). Pricey: internet is not included ($15/day), breakfast a tad expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The good bit: I should note I’ve been to this property many times over many years. I stayed at this hotel in January, March and July. This is a great property, well located, about 16 – 20 minutes from downtown Seattle and 15 from Bellevue (now a huge city in its own right). Close to the hotel is also the lovely slightly more manageable city of Redmond, with theatres, restaurants and entertainment, including a concert venue (don’t worry, the concert venue is close, but not THAT close), walking trails on what I believe they call the sea to sky trail—you can walk, run, skate or bike to your heart’s content along a beautiful river. In years past, I even caught a glimpse or two of Apollo Ono, hand tucked behind him as he skated the trail at break neck speed. At certain times of year you can see the salmon runs up the river. The hotel is also closer to Washington’s wine country (Woodinville) than most travellers realize. And the hotel has a top-notch restaurant. That’s what makes the bad bit such a shame. Though, if you are just the typical pass-through, as the reviews show, it suffices and unevenly can do a bit more. If you are staying for more than a few days and need to actually use the hotel “services,” you are in for a bumpy and very uneven ride. See more if you dare face the eyes with daggers of steel…

The so-so bit: as one other reviewer noted, the carpets are bleak. The beds however are quite nice and the rooms clean (remarkable given understaffing—see below). I am of like mind that it is time for all Marriotts to catch up and drop the Internet charges. However, as they largely now manage, as opposed to own hotels, I’m guessing that this is no longer in Marriott’s purview.

The bad bit: Perfectly suitable for the typical business traveller who spends little time at the hotel. Mostly suited for Microsoft functions (even their lavish Christmas Party), huge training groups travelling in for Microsoft meetings, etc. This is so much so that I’ve wondered why Mr. Gates doesn’t just buy the hotel himself. Aside from their main client, the hotel caters mostly to large groups. They have excellent conference facilities. However, I do not believe that this should result in their increasingly dismissive attitude towards the needs of smaller companies or groups, a single business traveler and sole proprietors. My work requires a lot of preparation and work in my room, so I don’t just pass through I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO DO A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF WORK IN THEIR ROOM, OR THINKS THERE IS A GENUINE BUSINESS CENTER AT THEIR DISPOSAL WHO PLAN TO DO MORE THAN SLEEP AT THE HOTEL. It seems on my latest visit the hotel was severely, severely and, I fear deliberately, understaffed, taking a heavy toll on service (though for unfathomable reasons the restaurant service, with excellent food if you can get your hands on it, has been consistently poor for years). This issue is also taking a heavy toll on staff. I remember one night, with great trepidation and far and away too much deliberation, with trembling hand, I reached for the telephone and, gasp, had to order room service. (The same kitchen that makes the lovely but elusive food in the restaurant also serves room service needs, hypothetically). It took an hour for a small salad to arrive and when I opened the door the server met me with eyes aglare like daggers of steel! Apparently there were 15 whole people in the restaurant and she made it very clear that, how dare I order room service (pricey at that) under such horrific circumstances.

I must now rank this once truly lovely property with low marks in several areas.

Room Tip: Room recommendations: High floors, with little audible street noise, though this entire property is...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mitch-On-The-Move
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband has spent many nights here over the past 3 years and I was delighted to have the chance to join him. We spent 3 nights here as part of our long weekend and were very comfortable in both our rooms. We did not spend much time in the hotel but everything worked well and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The evening food in the Club Lounge was incredible too. We did use the gym and my husband has mentioned to me many times how hard his workouts are in Seattle and oh my God those running machines are a killer - they seem to be calibrated up hill - just a nightmare! My only frustration was that the wifi kept disconnecting from my phone which meant logging in all the time

Room Tip: We had rooms on 7th floor which were great.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First, I was disappointed before I got there because I didn't get a good deal through a third party site. I bid hoping I would get a better hotel for the price, but ended up getting this one which I saw on another site for less...without bidding.

Then was frustrated by additional costs - $13. for parking, $14. for wi-fi.....are you kidding?

The towels were no better than a Motel 6 and our bathroom light flickered.

I was expecting more from a Marriott.

1  Thank evanandblakesmom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location is right at the town center of Redmond which is a great location. Even better it is less than 10 minutes from the Woodinville wine country and tasting rooms. My husband stayed at the Marriott so we were able to attend a concert at the Ste Michelle Winery. The overnight rate is reasonable, our room was clean and very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful - p[rovided suggestions for restaurants, driving instructions, taxi information etc.