“A lovely place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Redmond
Halifax, Canada
“A lovely place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Marriot was very centrally located in lovely Redmond. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The staff were very accommodating and nice. They changed our room type to suit our needs. It is right next to shopping and lots of restaurants. We didn't like that they charge $11 for internet and parking is extra as well. I am surprised that the Marriot still charges for internet, when it's free everywhere else these days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Boise
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I checked into this hotel and it was a bit drab and beat down. I've attached pics. I would recommend the hotel if you have no where else to go and if you need to be in Redmond. I was forced to stay here due to the over bookings in other hotels. But things were in slight disrepair and the carpets were pretty heavily stained.

I contacted the manager for non feather pillows on the beds and they were not there. I would recommend wearing socks during your stay...see pics.

Room Tip: Make sure if you have special needs you go through the manager.
Chandigarh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a really nice place. Comfortable and clean. But the downsides were too much to ignore. I'll summarize in point form:

- Location is very nice. Close to nice dining options (except for breakfast) and a really pleasant park. Dining options are important because I do not know who can afford the restaurant or room service. The prices felt like a punishment just to look at them.

- Service was very nice. I really liked all the people I met there, even the housekeeping staff.

- Business center is a complete afterthought. First of all, it is stuck in a corner of a busy lobby. After dealing with a system crash, I found out the computers don't even have MS Office despite what they advertise. The printer isn't even set up as the default so you have to fiddle with it.

- Room was your basic hotel room -- small but clean and comfortable -- with only a few points of note: K-Cup style coffee machine was really nice, but you only get one serving for the day. If you switch to tea for a second cup, housekeeping won't replace it. So the next day, back to one serving.

-The bathroom smelt moldy in the mornings. I noticed they take that "hang your towel if you want to reuse it" seriously. They didn't bother to put it (or the soaking washcloth) on the towel rack to dry out, so they were still wet when I got back to my room that evening. Hence the moldy smell.

- Internet and parking cost extra. Very much extra. I don't know what kind of space age telecommunications system they have that makes it worth $15 per day, but I could not pay that so I don't know. And parking is $21 per night. Wow. That is all I can say about that. Cheaper to leave your car at the airport. I feel like they might be charged under Federal racketeering laws some day soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I are going to be relocating to the Seattle area over the next few months and we came in to check out the areas that we are looking to live and stayed at this hotel. The hotel is in a good location with easy in and easy out to where we wanted to go. When we arrived we were greated by, I believe it was Larry, and he was awesome. He gave us a lot of good information about the area and was really nice to my wife and I. The room we had was nothing great but comfortable, working for us very well. The hotel would get a higher rating but it just lacks that personality that you need for an "Excellent" rating.

If you are visiting family in the area or need to do a business meeting on a budget that doesn't work with the downtown area, then this would be a great place. There are good resturants right outside the door and well within walking distance, so nobody would have to drive anywhere after a drink or two. Overall, good experience and we're greatly looking forward to moving here very soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 45 nights in the last six months all of which is of course for work. As you can imagine, it is tough to be away from home that much. But, this hotel manages to make it just a little bit easier. From the warm reception at the front desk to the excellent food and amenities in the concierge lounge, the gym, the nearby trails, the proximity to shopping, movies and multiple good to great restaurants....this is a good home away from home.

The restaurant and breakfast is also a good value for the money. If you want more details, please feel free to read on.

My wife just joined me for the weekend rather than me heading home. I have always thought of this place as strictly a business hotel but it proved to be great for a couples weekend too. It is very close to Kirkland and to Seattle and has great access to major highways for weekend sightseeing. Mt. Ranier is just two hours away. Downtown Seattle is less than one half hour. Great wineries also less than thirty minutes. There is a fabulous movie theatre (iPic) within a one minute walking distance.

The rooms are the basic Marriott room....small, clean, comfortable bed, quiet. The only slight issue is the hot water which is minimal at best.

All in all, I really like the place. Much better than other primarily business hotels in the area. I would recommend this place to friends and colleagues.

1 Thank austinjjc
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights on business. It's right in the middle of Redmond Town Center, so there are lots of shops and eateries within walking distance. I didn't find any of the food options particularly appealing, but at least there was something! There's a movie theater, too.

My room was pretty clean and large. Bed & pillows were comfortable. Shower had good water pressure. No fridge in room. No view...

The front desk staff were mostly friendly and helpful, with one or two exceptions. The valet workers were very friendly. You can have your car valet parked for about 5 extra dollars a day.

I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, but there's a coffee bar in the lobby that brews Starbucks coffee and can make lattes, etc. There are a couple Starbucks full shops right around the corner.

The hotel is not particularly convenient if you're planning to go in and out of Seattle, but it's good if you're working in Redmond or Bellevue.

I'd stay here again on another business trip.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business recently and found it to be a wonderful hotel in a perfect location. It sits in the middle of a development retail and restaurant area and is also close to Marymoor Park. Highly recommended with a very accessible location. Breakfast menu is excellent.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 7 in Redmond
Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Been to Seattle Marriott Redmond? Share your experiences!