“Comfortable, suburban hotel”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Portland, Oregon
“Comfortable, suburban hotel”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Enjoyed a weekend at this Seattle suburban property. Contemporary, clean lines. Sleeping room well-equipped. Restaurant fine. Across the street from a large mall with some unique shops, including best pet store we've found in Seattle!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VacaBoy
MarriottRedmondTC, Manager at Seattle Marriott Redmond, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
VacaBoy -

I am happy you enjoyed your time at our hotel. I am glad you were introduced to "Eastside Dog". It is an incredible pet store with a large variety of toys and treats for our four-leggged friends.

Thank you for taking the time to write a few words about our hotel.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My Name is Mr. Belcher I had the pleasure of staying at the Redmond Marriott on 4/11 and we had a mix up on my transportation, but they took great care of me I was assured by Konna Xiong that she would get it taken care of for me, not only did she and her staff take care of it, but they also expressed how sorry they were for the mix-up and later that evening I was greeted at the door by a bell man with Campaign, Cheese and a card......
When I am ever back in Redmond I will only stay at the Marriott in town center.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 355 Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony_T_13_13
Mr. Belcher -

I am very sorry that there was a challenge with your transportation. On the rare occasion when a we experience a problem, we pride ourselves in "making it right". I am glad to hear we took care of you during your visit.

We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Madison Wisconsin
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times in the last five years. This is kind of an average Marriott. We stay here when they have good prices available. When there are better deals nearby, we stay elsewhere because this is good but not great.

Biggest downside is that they charge quite a bit for parking which is absurd since their Residence Inn across the street has free parking and there is plenty of available parking in the mall parking lots overnight. They have some sort of deal where they charge for parking overnight even though the garages are 95% empty overnight.

Best point in staying here has been the staff. They have ranged from very good to amazing. Good enough that I have written a letter of appreciation to the hotel manager. Exception: staffing of lounge.

I have Gold status with Marriott so can use their concierge lounge. This lounge is nothing special. The food is adequate but that is the best I can say. There is always a staff member there but I have never had a staff member make me feel like I was welcome. I feel more like they are watching me to make sure I do not eat too much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
boyerbuckets -

Your compliments about our staff are very much appreciated. We know that you have choices when travelling to Redmond and welcome the opportunity to host you.

I am curious about your reference to our lounge staffing. I will reach out to you shortly for additional information.

As a Gold Member, thank you for choosing Marriott when you travel.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Walking distance to a commercial center
Comfortable beds
Clean rooms (except drinking glasses were dusty)
Friendly staff (bellhop (Tyler?) & Larry from the front desk were very helpful. Highly recommended!
Cons:
No in-room safety deposit box
No exhaust system inside bathroom (i find that weird)
No in-room wifi connection (there's a fee) but complimentary within the lobby area (there are pcs that you can use for free).
2 Bottled water inside the room are NOT complimentary (free from other Marriott hotels!). Each 1L bottle cost $3.50.
No free parking. Will cost you $16 for outside parking, $21 for valet.
The Bath & Body works shampoo, lotion & conditioner were a nice touch but be careful opening the little bottles as i had difficulty opening it & cut my thumb in the process.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you wrkshy for spending time to post your review. I am happy to hear your experiences with our staff were enjoyable. I will make sure to share your comments with our team and recognize Larry and Tyler for assisting in your pleasant stay.

I appreciate your honest feedback regarding the items which have a cost associated. It truly reflects the view of our traveler and has an influence on Marriott's future initiatives.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in April 2012 for a business trip.

Cons: Expensive parking. Way overpriced for what you get. Had a terrible view of ventilation equipment covered in bird feces.

Pros: Nice property. Location is in Redmond Town Center so close walk to dining. Clean room.

Overall I thought this property was overpriced for what it offered. Would definitely not stay here on my own dime.

• Stayed April 2012
antifragility -

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I understand the frustration with paying for extras that are included in other hotels. It is a blessing and a curse to be the only full-service hotel in Redmond.

We have a level of service and hotel which allows us to stand out from our neighboring hotels. As with the majority of full-service hotels, some of these services have a cost.

I am sorry the room you received was below our standards. We encourage any guest who is not satisfied with their room to inform the Front Desk immediately. We will do everything we can to find a suitable room, to ensure you are comfortable during your stay.

Please email me personally if you are back in Redmond. I will make sure you have a room that exceeds your expectations.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2013

It's your typical Marriott,just a little more friendly. Location is next to a Residence Inn, right in the heart of Redmond's shopping area. Unbelievable, with most of their guests there for Microsoft, the hotel is very low tech, and charges for Internet service. I consider this on the verge of disgraceful. But rooms are spotless, and you can get a balcony, big plus. Bathrooms and showers are dated.
I paid $119, and that's what it's worth. Ps, don't fall for their overpriced parking...there are plenty of free overnight spits within a block.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank alanglazen
MarriottRedmondTC, Front Office Manager at Seattle Marriott Redmond, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you alanglazen for your candid feedback. By sharing your frustration, you help us shape the future of Marriott's technology initiatives.

Next time you are in Redmond I'd like to invite you to experience Workspring at Marriott.
The space inspires collaboration, enhances productivity and helps you achieve results. All technology is built in to the space. All you have to bring is your ideas and a device. Marriott has recognized that we need to reimagine how we host meetings.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Top notch business hotel, clean, quiet and comfortable rooms but then this should be expected as the rooms are over $250.00 per night. The in-house restaurant is good for breakfast and its ok if you want to stay-in, there is plenty of choice. Its disappointing that they can't offer either free breakfast or free Wi-Fi.

Staff are very helpful and friendly and I liked that there was hot coffee in reception for an early morning trip to the airport. Nice touch!

Room Tip: Its in a quiet area so all the rooms are good as far as I can tell.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JJ Z
JJ Z -

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor. I understand Redmond is a challenge, at times, to find accommodations within our traveller's per diem. I also understand that amenities such as complimentary internet and breakfast are becoming more of a standard at select service hotels. I will make sure to share your feedback with our Management team.

We make every effort to provide service excellence while you are away from home to show value above just our rate. I appreciate you experienced this during your trip.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 8 in Redmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Redmond
Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond

Been to Seattle Marriott Redmond? Share your experiences!