“Very pleasant overnighter”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Redmond
Seattle, Washington
“Very pleasant overnighter”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had to get out of our home due to floor refinishing work. Got a great last minute deal here and always wanted to check out this Marriott. Hotel is bright, modern, spotless. Room was nicely appointed. Location is really convenient for checking out Redmond shopping. Had some late drinks and food at the bar - very enjoyable. All staff we dealt with were very pleasant.

One minor negative:
You have to pay for parking. This really bugs me as its purley a revenue generator. There is lots of parking in Redmond (although RTC does not allow overnight parking). I opted to park about a block away for no charge....but when I can do that...I shouldn't have to do that.

Highly recommend for an Eastside stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2012

While we were disappointed to not get a room with 2 queens, as we had requested; they bent over backwards to accomodate us and make it up to us in other ways. We received the concierge room, internet in our room and 2 free buffet breakfasts; all at no extra cost to us. It was worth the inconvenience of the room assignment.
Staff was very friendly and helpful in all ways. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Phone ahead to ensure you've actually received the bed arrangement you've requested.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
West Jordan
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I enjoyed staying at this hotel and plan to stay here again when I return to the area. The environment is very pleasing. The hotel is close to a number of decent restaurants and stores. The fitness facility was functional and pleasant to use. The only negative part of my stay was a false fire alarm that went off early in the morning on my last day. It postponed my departure slightly, but the hotel staff did everything the could to make us comfortable while the Fire Department checked the building.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Delta, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited this property recently with a friend - we travelled there to have a shopping weekend. Made this our home for a 2-night stay and found it most comfortable, clean, bright and well-appointed.
Staff was most congenial and accommodating. Morning breakfast of fresh fruit and yogurt was excellent. Lovely lobby where you can sit by the fire and relax.
Right across the street from the Redmond Town Centre Mall, for easy access to shopping and restaurants. We would return to this hotel - that's how nice it was!
Only down side was that there if you want to use a computer in your room, it's a chargeable item! $9;95 per day and the cutoff time is at noon each day, so if you sign up in the evening, you don't even get 24 hours access! BIG disappointment and a bit of a cash cow, I thought. You can, however, take your computer to the lobby and access the wi-fi for no charge! They need to change their policy on access from the rooms!!!

Room Tip: It's in a very quiet neighbourhood so all rooms would be good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mount Vernon, Washington
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The rooms are fairly acceptable. I was a bit disappointed with customer service in that I made a reservation and when I checked in, the room I reserved was not available. The hotel wanted me to rent an additional room at an extra cost since there were 3 individuals in my group. I was travelling with a child and did want to separate my family. I wrote a letter to the hotel manager about how disappointed I was with the hotel’s customer service representative. To date, I have not received a response from the Manager. It only goes to show that this hotel does not care about its clientele. Needless to say, I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vje21
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice Marriott. Even with my Marriott Status I did not receive free WiFi. That was a first for me. Luckily my 4G kept me from having to purchase such ridiculous priced internet! I did receive my paper each morning. Room Service was good. The little store at the front desk was a rip off.....$4.50 for water??? Room Service was nice enough to bring me a pitcher that I kept filled. Redmond is a beautiful area but I may look for other hotel next time. Don't like hidden charges.

Stayed October 2012
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Redmond Town Center Marriott for a week-long business trip. I have made mixed experiences with Marriott hotels in the past, and this stay was, by and large, average.

The room was pretty standard. Sadly, it came without a fridge. The toilet paper holder was a little too far away from the toilet for comfort. I missed a make-up mirror and scales. A minimum of beauty products were provided (shampoo, conditioner, soap bar, lotion), everything else had to be purchased from reception.

Internet access is between $10 and $15 / day, and as far as I could see there was no free wifi in the lobby either. The wifi was unstable and dropped completely at times, but a cable was also available on the room. Up to 5 (I think) devices were supported, however if you connected the laptop via both cable and wifi it would count as two separate devices.

The elevators were pretty dark with gloomy lighting; maybe supposed to be atmospheric but I would have preferred some light.

The gym is open 24/7 and equipped really well, with the exception that there's no scales. There is also an outdoor pool which I didn't use.

Housekeeping was good, the rooms were clean and tidy.

The staff were mostly very good, some were excellent. Check-in and check-out were handled competently. A minor point of improvement would be to allow guests to check out the night before they leave; I am doing that in most hotels and for some reason, at this particular Marriott it wasn't technically possible.

The one thing that nearly ruined my stay was the gym. I used it frequently and overall I was pretty happy with it; unfortunately the volume of the radio was so loud that you could neither have a conversation nor hear anything on headphones, so it was impossible to watch tv or listen to your iPod while working out. I called front desk literally every single time I went to the gym so they could send someone from engineering to turn the volume down - the volume control was behind a hatch that had to be screwed open every time. It would take between 10 and 15 nerve-wrecking minutes (of listening mostly to Gangnam Style) for somebody to show up and fix it. And when I came back the next day, the music would be blasting out of the speakers again. Unfortunately, engineering only start their shift at 7am, so I in the end I couldn't use the gym in the mornings before work.

So while the rest of the stay was pretty good, by the end of the week the gym had nearly driven me insane.

I feel like I can get roughly the same quality for the same money in many other places, and without having to put up with inconveniences.

For a 4 to 5 star rating I suggest the following improvements:

- Set up the volume control in the gym in a way so guests can access it directly
- Make scales available either in the gym or rooms
- Add make-up mirror and fridge to the rooms
- Allow people to check out the night before
- Fix the lighting in the elevators

Room Tip: The concierge lounge is located on the 7th floor and the gym/pool on 2nd.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 7 in Redmond
Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
The Heathman Hotel Kirkland

Been to Seattle Marriott Redmond? Share your experiences!