“Great Location - bad customer service”

Seattle Marriott Redmond
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Great Location - bad customer service”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The rooms are fairly acceptable. I was a bit disappointed with customer service in that I made a reservation and when I checked in, the room I reserved was not available. The hotel wanted me to rent an additional room at an extra cost since there were 3 individuals in my group. I was travelling with a child and did want to separate my family. I wrote a letter to the hotel manager about how disappointed I was with the hotel’s customer service representative. To date, I have not received a response from the Manager. It only goes to show that this hotel does not care about its clientele. Needless to say, I will not be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vje21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice Marriott. Even with my Marriott Status I did not receive free WiFi. That was a first for me. Luckily my 4G kept me from having to purchase such ridiculous priced internet! I did receive my paper each morning. Room Service was good. The little store at the front desk was a rip off.....$4.50 for water??? Room Service was nice enough to bring me a pitcher that I kept filled. Redmond is a beautiful area but I may look for other hotel next time. Don't like hidden charges.

Stayed October 2012
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Redmond Town Center Marriott for a week-long business trip. I have made mixed experiences with Marriott hotels in the past, and this stay was, by and large, average.

The room was pretty standard. Sadly, it came without a fridge. The toilet paper holder was a little too far away from the toilet for comfort. I missed a make-up mirror and scales. A minimum of beauty products were provided (shampoo, conditioner, soap bar, lotion), everything else had to be purchased from reception.

Internet access is between $10 and $15 / day, and as far as I could see there was no free wifi in the lobby either. The wifi was unstable and dropped completely at times, but a cable was also available on the room. Up to 5 (I think) devices were supported, however if you connected the laptop via both cable and wifi it would count as two separate devices.

The elevators were pretty dark with gloomy lighting; maybe supposed to be atmospheric but I would have preferred some light.

The gym is open 24/7 and equipped really well, with the exception that there's no scales. There is also an outdoor pool which I didn't use.

Housekeeping was good, the rooms were clean and tidy.

The staff were mostly very good, some were excellent. Check-in and check-out were handled competently. A minor point of improvement would be to allow guests to check out the night before they leave; I am doing that in most hotels and for some reason, at this particular Marriott it wasn't technically possible.

The one thing that nearly ruined my stay was the gym. I used it frequently and overall I was pretty happy with it; unfortunately the volume of the radio was so loud that you could neither have a conversation nor hear anything on headphones, so it was impossible to watch tv or listen to your iPod while working out. I called front desk literally every single time I went to the gym so they could send someone from engineering to turn the volume down - the volume control was behind a hatch that had to be screwed open every time. It would take between 10 and 15 nerve-wrecking minutes (of listening mostly to Gangnam Style) for somebody to show up and fix it. And when I came back the next day, the music would be blasting out of the speakers again. Unfortunately, engineering only start their shift at 7am, so I in the end I couldn't use the gym in the mornings before work.

So while the rest of the stay was pretty good, by the end of the week the gym had nearly driven me insane.

I feel like I can get roughly the same quality for the same money in many other places, and without having to put up with inconveniences.

For a 4 to 5 star rating I suggest the following improvements:

- Set up the volume control in the gym in a way so guests can access it directly
- Make scales available either in the gym or rooms
- Add make-up mirror and fridge to the rooms
- Allow people to check out the night before
- Fix the lighting in the elevators

Room Tip: The concierge lounge is located on the 7th floor and the gym/pool on 2nd.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chilliwack
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here with my son during a Newsboyz concert as it was close by and reasonably priced at about $125.00/night.

The hotel was clean and staff were very polite. I was initially pleased with the price but noted it quickly escalated once we parked ($), used wi-fi once ($), and read the included non-complimentary newspaper ($) - end cost $175.00.

This ended up being more than I really wanted to spend for one night for a concert with my son. However, I would consider going back with my wife for a short romantic weekend as there are lots of shops and things to do in the area.

An overall happy experience despite the added expenses.

Room Tip: Book early if you need two queen beds etc... I'm sure all the rooms would be fine here. I didn...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

From the time we got out of our car we had great service. Everyone was helpful, smiling and the property was new, clean and beautiful. A very nice Marriott property. Surrounded by shops & restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is an excellent Marriott in the Town Center of Redmond. No need to get into your car and drive elsewhere for entertainment. Across the street is a movie theater, an ice cream shop, sandwich shop, and a wide variety of restaurants. Yes the Marriott has a fine restaurant but if you want to get away from hotel food, you'll enjoy a leisurely walk around the clean, safe and secure town center.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here while husband working. Was satisfied with the overall comfort of the room (although you pay extra for everything- parking, wi-fi etc). Staff very friendly. The main advantage to this property is the handy location. i did a lot of sightseeing in Seattle by myself and had no problem walking two blocks to get the 545 express bus straight to downtown seattle and all the tourist sights. Shopping and restaurants very close by and access to trails also within two blocks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#4 of 8 in Redmond
Hyatt House Seattle/Redmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Residence Inn Seattle East/Redmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond

Been to Seattle Marriott Redmond? Share your experiences!