“Promising hotel spoilt by over-charging”

Seattle Marriott Redmond
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here on business. I find the Redmond town Center a little `Toy-Town'ish: very neat & shiny but it all looks the same & doesn't have much character. The fabric of the hotel itself was fine & the rooms meet expectations but what annoyed me was the needless petty over-charging. I am happy to pay the going rate for a room but don't then include an extra charge for a basic service like WiFi. I also thought charging $4.50 for a bottle of water in the hotel store was stretching convenience beyond reasonable limits. Next time I'm in Redmond, I'll look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 9, 2012

It is in a good location, just right in the town center, convenient to get around. I was ther with my boyfriend who is having a conference. In the down time, it is easy for me to get around and do some shopping. The room is nice and clean, had a good time by the pool. The bed are comfy as well, one down side is the air condition in the room are quit noisy. And the self parking are not on the gate underground parking but the mall parking...overall, it is a nice hotel to stay.

Room Tip: There are only 7th floor. And the second floor has a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Redmond
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We booked (prepaid) a room for 4 adults, two double beds and when we arrived we were told they only had one room available with one king bed but would bring a rollaway bed. The rollaway was a single! So they brought in an air mattress! This was our room for 3 nights for 4 adults!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The village of Redmond is like an outdoor shopping mall made to look like a town. As a traveler it's easy as everything you need is walking distance from the hotel. The hotel staff was exceedingly helpful even by high marriott standards. The bell men, front desk, cleaners, etc were all friendly and helpful. Sadly my stay is just 2 days for business but it was relaxing which is always a plus

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed at Marriott Hotels but this one is the BEST ever due to the people who work there.
We had two rooms and the staff were very helpful. They truly went above and beyond.
My son wanted to play with the truck he purchased on the way there and it was screwed into the display box. They had two maintenance men working on this until the correct tool was found to free the truck from the display plastic. This was but one example of how accommodating the staff are. We felt cared for and cared about. They will have my loyalty for life now. Thanks to Shan W. and the maintenance and others.

Room Tip: Stay on the 6th or 7th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

When Cavalia, the horse spectacular, was in Redmond last winter, we needed to have dinner prior to the show. Popular Redmond restaurants were were full and we didn't know the area. We happened upon the Marriott Town Center thinking of a casual coffee shop. There was none. Instead we ended up at Sear.
It proved to be an excellent choice.

I chose wild fresh salmon and he chose prime rib. Both were prepared to order and delicious. Bread served with our meal was scrumptious. Sear is a modern attractive steakhouse reminiscent of Japanese style in it's elegant simplicity. Service was slow, but once our food arrived we were more than satisfied. Though quite expensive I thought it was well worth it... he agreed and paid.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Had to stay here on a business trip. My husband and I were given a room with two double beds and they were the WORST BEDS we have EVER slept in and we have traveled all over the world in our 57 years. The bathroom had long black hair everywhere and the carpet was FILTHY. When we complained we were told that they couldn't do anything because they are booked through the end of August. Needless to say, we won't stay here again. The little town center is quite nice but everything closes at 8:30. Coffee at Tully's is great.

• Stayed: August 2012