“wow love the food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 152nd Ave NE
Description: Wanta Thai Cuisine is a contemporary Thai eatery that transports you to friendly Thai culture. We serve healthy and quality food for a reasonable price, along with generally good service at a convenient location.
“wow love the food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had fried rice and beef pad ke Mao...simply delicious. We went quite late so it was just my husband and me. Four stars just for the taste of the food. Else it is clean and timely service of food as well.reasonably priced..and sufficient portions. But ..the kitchen is visible and it can get noisy. But food was good.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank infofromsumi
Chutima W, Owner at Wanta Thai Cuisine, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your great feedback, hope you come back to try more authentic Thai food. We now offer delivery service so that customers can enjoy great food and stay warm at their house. :)

Toronto, Canada
“Deceptive appearance”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

From the outside, the restaurant didn't look like much. It's nestled in a collection of strip malls, surrounded by Arby's and Denny's. But inside, it's quite nice. Food is very good, there is a decent selection of beer and the service was wonderful

Visited October 2012
1 Thank LACanuck_12
az
“Informal thai”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Standard tasty thai cooking. Would return here to try more dishes. Good value. Try this restaurant if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Bothell, Washington
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

For some reason I went to Wanta with a chip on my shoulder. I saw pictures of the restaurant online and thought it was another Thai restaurant more concerned about its look and decor than about its food. I could not have been more wrong.

I am half Thai. I grew up in Thailand and I review Thai restaurants as a hobby (can you blame me?) Authenticity is what I want most from a Thai restaurant. And frankly, I usually get more authenticity from small hole-in-the-wall eateries than I do fancy places.

Whenever I attend a Thai restaurant for the first time, I order a chicken Phad Khee Mao. It has many levels of complexity that tells me instantly how authentic the food is and the care that was put into making the dish right.

When it comes to chicken Phad Khee Mao, Wanta Thai has the very BEST I've tasted so far on the Seattle East side (and I've had a lot). It was delicious and I felt like I was eating in Bangkok again. There was a great balance of meat, noodles, vegetables, and sauce. The chicken was tender (from not being overcooked); the noodles were soft but still had a slight el-dente chew, and were whole for the most part (mushy, small broken noodles is a sign of over stirring and cooking); the vegetables were hot but still had a little snap to them, and included a large variety; and the sauce had a slight vinegar tang that is missing in most Phad Khee Mao plates.

The wait staff was attentive and friendly. When the waitress that started my order had to leave, her replacement was right there to take her place. The restaurant is clean and tastefully decorated in a modern Thai style. Most Thai restaurants looks like someone went crazy at a Thai trinket store.

This restaurant is only seven months old and located just a block away from a very fancy and wildly popular Thai restaurant called Bai Tong (read my favorable review of it). This place, once discovered, will give Bai Tong a run for its money as a more casual (and cheaper) alternative that still delivers a great meal.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Buckingbison
Chutima W, Owner at Wanta Thai Cuisine, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are glad that you love Thai food. ^^
Hope you come back again so you could try more of our authentic Thai food.